Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking back at the pics and thought it was super cute how the little boy was talking to Guillaume but that all the little girls were gathered around Felix. Too, cute!

So cute:wub: Also notice the way boys wave: :wave:Guillaume just by his palm (so shy:blush:) and Felix by almost all hand (so open and friendly :rolleyes2:)

The woman and some of the other officials in the first photos appear to be wearing an order. Does anyone know what this order is? The sash is red, white, and blue, but I can't see the ornament at the bottom.

Thanks for all the pics and info everyone! I'm sad we didn't get to see Alexandra, but all the boys looked so handsome. I'm also so happy for Tessy and the little boys! What a great National Day!

The woman and some of the other officials in the first photos appear to be wearing an order. Does anyone know what this order is? The sash is red, white, and blue, but I can't see the ornament at the bottom.

Maybe these are just sashes which the mayors may wear, no really orders as such?

The red, white and blue sashes aren't orders. These are just sashes in Luxembourg colors which are worn by mayors and numerous other local authorities to show pride during holidays and events.

I wish Guillaume would grow his beard back. He looks like such a young boy without it, albeit a cute boy. ;)

I think he may have shaved because he had to appear in his military uniform. I have never saw a member of the Luxembourg military wearing a beard. It is likely not permitted to have a full beard while wearing his formal military uniform.

In honor of National Day, the Grand Duke and Duchess hosted a garden party. The party was given in honor of various sections of Luxembourg's economy (Insurance, Finance, Arts, Industry, Commerce), and was held at Chateau de Berg. It looked like a lovely party.

The princes are in a few of the photos, as well as the new princess. Alexandra isn't in any of the photos.

Cour grand-ducale de Luxembourg - Fête Nationale: réceptions au Château de Berg

Last edited:
Nice photos. Tessy looks very pretty. Sebastian isn't there?

I am not sure. I didn't see him in any of the photos, but he did participate in the other National Day events. Since this party was held a few days after the other events, I am not sure if he attended or not. I know that Alexandra was busy preparing for exams, and didn't attend any events at all.

Do you mean the man standing next to Prince Louis? It is difficult to tell. The only photos I have seen of her father were taken at the wedding. I thought that he had darker hair, but that was a few years ago.

I've read he get a new job (in administration of GD or something like that), so it didn't surprise me to see him on this event :whistling: I'm 99,9 % sure it's her dad :rolleyes:

Do you mean the man standing next to Prince Louis? It is difficult to tell. The only photos I have seen of her father were taken at the wedding. I thought that he had darker hair, but that was a few years ago.

Yes, I believe the man in the mohawk haircut next to Prince Louis is Tessy's father and the woman with the curly updo is her mother.

I've read he get a new job (in administration of GD or something like that), so it didn't surprise me to see him on this event :whistling: I'm 99,9 % sure it's her dad :rolleyes:

Yes, those are her parents.

How did an active republican like her father end up working in the admin of the GD?

I found a few new pictures today of national day. Some have been seen before but there are a few which offer closer views. They can be viewed here.

I watched the video and it was amazing!The faces of Felix and Guillaume was very funny when they ate! :)))))))

You can see the entire Te Deum
youmake.tv - Den Te Deum op RTL Télé Lëtzebuerg

There is also a great interview with GD Maria Teresa in the end where she talks about her trip to Africa. She gets moved and close to tears which moved me. It's wonderful to see a royal being a human being sometimes

Thank you,very much,Dani for this perfect video!!!

Luxembourg's National Day: June 23, 2010

National Day is just around the corner! Post news and pictures concerning National Day 2010 here!

I haven't really seen the entire family recently. It would be nice to see them all together.

I am not exactly in awe of the dress that Princess Alexandra wore while she accompanied her brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom