Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ladies all look wonderful! Love MT's longer, blonder hair - her outfits are really flattering and pretty.
Alexandra is so pretty. Still a teenager but dressed so appropriately - shows that you don't need to wear haute couture (Hint, hint to Beatrice and Eugenie) and still look great. Some good grooming goes a long way.
The Luxembourg royals put the British royals (except the Queen) to shame.

Can anyone post bigger photo with tiaras?

Thanks.

MT looks great for the gala. but I didn't like her purple outfit as much.

They only published this one pic...?? :ermm: I was surprised to see both Alexandra and Tessy wearing a tira. Too bad there are no close up pictures.

Maria Theresa is wearing this tiara, right?? And Tessy is wearing an old gown of the Grand Duchess... pic here

The hat that Tessy wore during the national day is also Maria Theresa's.... pic here

Last edited:
They only published this one pic...?? :ermm: I was surprised to see both Alexandra and Tessy wearing a tira. Too bad there are no close up pictures.

Maria Theresa is wearing this tiara, right?? And Tessy is wearing an old gown of the Grand Duchess... pic here

The hat that Tessy wore during the national day is also Maria Theresa's.... pic here

Yes... you are right... the same dress and outfit... thanks for the first pic, very better, it´s moore big:flowers:
it´s not this tiara that Tessy wear???
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33906&d=1073103640

I wish they had more pictures of them at the reception! By the way, http://monarchie.lu has a video of the festivities if you go to actualites. I think it's sweet that MT lent her dress and her hat to Tessy, though I still have to wonder, why not just buy new ones for her either?

GD family seems to have more jewels than they're known to have.
MT's tiara is one of my favourites, but something confuses me.
In some pictures, the jewel in the center looks dark blue, like a sapphire,
in others, it looks so light like aquamarine.
Are there two similar tiaras or it's just the light?

Yes... you are right... the same dress and outfit... thanks for the first pic, very better, it´s moore big:flowers:
it´s not this tiara that Tessy wear???
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33906&d=1073103640

Yes I think that's the tiara Tessy is wearing. I found a bigger picture of it. Anyone know what it is called??

GD family seems to have more jewels than they're known to have.
MT's tiara is one of my favourites, but something confuses me.
In some pictures, the jewel in the center looks dark blue, like a sapphire,
in others, it looks so light like aquamarine.
Are there two similar tiaras or it's just the light?

I would love to see the jewel vault of the Luxembourg Royal family. :D

It is the same tiara. If I can remember it right, it's called the Grand Duchess Marie Adelaide Tiara with sapphire. The color varies because of the light. (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong...)

Last edited:
There some videos on youtube regarding National Day, you just have to look for them. Naturally the quality isn't as good as those on the official site but they are different.

Luxembourg's National Day: June 23, 2009

Does anyone know when national day is and if Louis and Tessy are going

I believe it is June 23 is the National Day of Luxembourg, and Prince Louis and Tessy usually attend.

Josette

Luxembourg's National Day - June 23rd, 2009

Luxembourg's National Day is just around the corner! Please post news and pictures here!

Can't wait! :clap: cross out days in my calendar! Any news (thoughts, suspicions) who will attend this year? I hope Guillaume will show, we haven't seen him since April ;)

I'm excited to see any new pics of the family. We always get excellent pictures of them from National Day. I do hope Prince Felix shows up!

I am counting the days to see the whole family, especially my beloved prince felix, is comming soon!!

Which city will the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess visit this year during the festivities? Does anyone know

Which city will the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess visit this year during the festivities? Does anyone know

Somebody from Luxembourg told me they are going to a little Village; ELL
Buth she diddn't know why, or there was a special occasion, like last year in Vianden.

I really hope to see Louis, Tessy, and the babies!

Last edited by a moderator:
RTL.lu - Video Archiv

tomorrow will be featured on the TV channel a interview to Maria Teresa, talking about the programming of the national day.

still no picture??

Tomorrow at 10.00 H.(LUX/NL-time!) highlights from this evening and after that: LIVE TE-DEUM & PARADE on RTL!

22-6-2009

Foto's Tom Wagner

BNR:42494 - 22.06.2009 - Luxemburg - Luxembourg - Nationalfeiertag 2009 - Fackelzug - Grossherzogliche Familie - Grossherzog Henri, Grossherzogin Maria Teresa, Erbgrossherzog Guillaume, Prinz Felix, Prinz Louis und Sybilla © Tom Wagner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom