Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nad25 said:
Yeah Guillaume looks gorgeous ;) :p

How old is he??!

He was born 11 November 1981 so he is 23 now. He'll be 24 in November.

First, welcome, la fracaise, keep posting!

Second, I give you all this much: the guy definitely improves as the time goes by. What a difference from, say, Josephine-Charlotte's funeral.

And third, has anyone seen the latest Point de Vue? Couple weeks ago it had a page-sized pic of Felix, and I just thought they might have something about the national day too...

-Lisa ;)

Attachments

• nd2005--009.jpg
    nd2005--009.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 249
I have the latest Point de vue and there are no pics of the national day:( . Princess Victoria of Sweden is on the cover and there is a nice article on her. But, I just bought the last Royals magazine (by the last, I mean the one I have here in Canada, so june 2005):rolleyes: ! And there is a picture of the birthday of grand duke Henri I haven't seen before.:) By the way, this is my 100th post:D !!

I dont understand to french. :( can someone translate it?

Nice! i hope we get some pictures of the family on national day!

Fête nationale au Luxembourg
22-06-2006 - 23-06-2006

Programme

Jeudi 22 juin
Ville de Luxembourg
  • 15h00: dépôt de fleurs devant le Monument aux morts de la force publique
  • 16h00: relève solennelle de la garde devant le palais grand-ducal
Steinsel
  • 17h00: visite de la commune par le couple grand-ducal et de la princesse Alexandra
Esch-sur-Alzette
  • 18h00: visite de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc héritier de la Ville d’Esch-sur-Alzette
Ville de Luxembourg
  • 22h00: retraite aux flambeaux
  • 23h30: feu d’artifice
Vendredi 23 juin
  • 11h25: 101 coups de canon tirés du Fetschenhaff
  • 11h30: Te Deum
  • 16h00: Prise d’armes
http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_pre...ale/index.html

Too bad for me i live in the states so i wont have much info on National day.
If anyone has any info in english please let me know. i wish i could see them on tv.

I SAW THIS ON A LUXEMBOURG NEWS PAPER IS FUNNY, I'D LIKE TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS,YOU MIGHT HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE BUT ANYWAYS...

6/17/06
A Bangkok fruiterer had the proudest day of her life when she impressed a visiting monarch with her durians and her love for His Majesty the King.

Banchong Chuernklin, 47, of Noinan Fruits in Aor Tor Kor Market, met Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg when he stopped by on Monday.

"He looked at durians on the stall and seemed to be interested, but his entourage warned him that they might cause diarrhoea, but when I told him through his interpreter that he could taste one, he said he'd like to," she said.

She cleaned a knife and peeled him one.

"He picked it up in his hand, tasted it and said it was delicious," she said.

After offering him a mangosteen, which he also liked, Banchong told his entourage that she would like him to have them free of charge, but they said

they could not possibly impose on her.

The Grand Duke bought four kilograms of durian for Bt1,000, and she included other fruits free of charge.

"He asked me why, and I said: 'You are most welcome as the guest of my dearly beloved King.' When it was translated I saw him smile," she said.

The next day, to her surprise, a police officer called and told her that the Grand Duke had been most impressed by her words about His Majesty and by the love that Thais bore for their King.
"I'm so glad. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience for an ordinary person like me to meet a foreign monarch," said Banchong. "I hope he comes to Thailand again."

Did the celebrations start today?

LUXEMBOURG ROYAL ANNIVERSARY
Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri, left, and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, right, clap after receiving a red rose heart in celebration of their upcoming 25th wedding anniversary in Luxembourg, Thursday June 22, 2006. Luxembourg will stage official celebrations of the anniversary beginning June 30th

from polfoto

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 455
It is strange, other years, such a day like yesterday and today, days so important, there were many pictures of the Dukes, and up to now alone there is a, also, in the page:www.gouvernement.lu, is two new pictures, one belongs to the Dukes, and another of Guillermo and Alexandra.
Let us hope there is

Attachments

• 11269568.jpg
    11269568.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 11269566.jpg
    11269566.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 796
  • 11269567.jpg
    11269567.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 539
  • 11269565.jpg
    11269565.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 11269564.jpg
    11269564.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 11269562.jpg
    11269562.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 11269561.jpg
    11269561.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 11269558.jpg
    11269558.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 11269559.jpg
    11269559.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 390
  • 11269560.jpg
    11269560.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 379
Nice pictures! Thanks! Was that Guillame?:eek: He finally shaved his beard! Looks amazing and younger by the way.

He really shaved his beard. He looks indeed younger, but I liked his beard

aaaaaaaaaw, he shaved his beard. just when i got used to the facial fuzz. oh well. what's up with the lack of pics? i guess everyone's saving film for the anniversary celebrations.

I like him better without the beard. And he looks a bit thinner, one while there he seemed to be getting quite plump!

I Dont Like Guillaume Without His Beard! I Loved How He Looked. It Made Him Look More Mature. I Lovehim Anyways.

Thanx Fro The Info. & Pics Guys!

I agree with you yeimix. Everyone can say, what wants, but I liked Guillaume more with beard!

What a cake! Is her suit red or fuschia?

That is one interesting cake :) and i liked Guillaume better with his bread too.

Do I believe to remember that every year for reasons of the national day of Luxemburg, does he/she take place a dinner in Palace, this year there has not been?

Pardon for not having them position, but it is that one doesn't eat they put on the images.
The Great Duchess this very elegant one.

I guess i must be the only one that prefer Guillaume better w/out the beard!
And what a stunning beauty Pss Alexandra is turning into.

This is a lovely family!

Eliza said:
I guess i must be the only one that prefer Guillaume better w/out the beard!

No, I agree with you, too. At his age, I think he looks more intentional about his royal duties without it -- with it he looks like he is trying to play a role; find his "look". Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, he definately looks way better without the beard. i don't know, the beard makes him look rather sketchy looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom