Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure I have seen Claire wear that exact dress to National Day...in red.?

Stephanie looks stunning from the neck up, but the fit of her gown does her no favors.:ermm:

Alexandra is a gorgeous young woman, but that outfit makes my eyes hurt. It is. HIDEOUS.:eek:

What a pity that Prince Felix and Princess Claire did not attend the Te Deum this year.

Prince Felix was there for the morning celebration. Perhaps Claire or the children are ill, so he stayed with them.
We’ll see who attends the gala.

Why are the women not wearing their orders?

And a piy that they are incomplete. We don't see the whole family yogethr that often. It seems rather often that one or more of the adult members are missing on these occassions.

In general all the royal ladies look nice with a few comments:

-- one of Stephanie's better looks, although she always looks so forlorn
-- as for GD MT -- always looks good!
-- Alexandra -- I love this gown, although I don't know whether or not it's too short or just meant to be an ankle-length gown. Also -- I don't like her choice of shoe color.

JMHO

Wow, both Stephanie and Alexandra are debuting new (to them) tiaras! Stephanie wears the small floral tiara for the first time, while Alexandra wears the turquoise tiara. The grand duchess is wearing one of her firm favourites, the Belgian scroll tiara.

Yes! I got my wish for new-to-them tiaras:D
I feel the same.:D Even though I don't particularly like the turquoise tiara.

Pity that Claire wasn't there, though. I love to see as many tiaras as possible.

It's a pity not to see Claire and Felix at the Te Deum, but it's lovely to see everyone else there again.

No Grand Duchess? Doesn't she usually attend the National Day events?

No Grand Duchess? Doesn't she usually attend the National Day events?

It seems that only Grand Duke Henri is present. The other members of the Grand Ducal Family are not present, it is probably a precautionary decision because of the pandemic.

or another example of the Grand Duchess taking herself out of any "official" event since the Waringo report. Le grand bouder continues it seems

or another example of the Grand Duchess taking herself out of any "official" event since the Waringo report. Le grand bouder continues it seems

Nonsens. Queen Elizabeth II herself gave the example: she was the only royal attending the Trooping The Colour at the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle. Not one other member of the royal family joined her.

The same situation in Luxembourg: no Consort, no Heir, no other royal.

Nonsens. Queen Elizabeth II herself gave the example: she was the only royal attending the Trooping The Colour at the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle. Not one other member of the royal family joined her.

The same situation in Luxembourg: no Consort, no Heir, no other royal.

IN the UK the quarantine measures are much stricter then in Luxembourg. And the consort of Queen Elizabeth II. had retired and doesn't attend official Evetny anymore which is not the case for GD Maria Teresa.

I'm glad that National Day was marked by the Grand Duke given the ongoing restrictions.

Or the government deciding that the Grand Duchess has no official role in this National Day event and not inviting her.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the public celebration of the birthday of HRH the Grand Duke did not take place. However, an official ceremony was held at the national monument of Luxembourg Solidarity "Kanounenhiwwel". It brought together the Head of State, members of the government, deputies, representatives of the alderman college of the City of Luxembourg, the Council of State, the judiciary as well as the dean of the diplomatic corps accredited to the head of Luxembourg State, the Chief of Staff of the Luxembourg Army and the Director General of the Grand Ducal Police.

I'm glad National Day was celebrated in a scaled down ceremony and not completely cancelled.

I sincerely hope the absence of the Grand Duchess is due to COVID-19 safety measures rather than "no official role." That sets a bad precedent for future spouses and maybe even the spouse of the heir/heiress. If the sovereign's spouse is not necessary, why include the heir/heiress' spouse?

I'm glad National Day was celebrated in a scaled down ceremony and not completely cancelled.

I sincerely hope the absence of the Grand Duchess is due to COVID-19 safety measures rather than "no official role." That sets a bad precedent for future spouses and maybe even the spouse of the heir/heiress. If the sovereign's spouse is not necessary, why include the heir/heiress' spouse?

Constitutionally it is correct. It is the head of state attending a ceremony of state. No one hyperventilates when President Macron, President Putin or President Trump attends a ceremony without their partner.

None of the other officials attending the Commemoration brought their partner either.

On the eve of Luxembourg's national holiday, HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie paid the traditional visit to the country's second largest city. This year, with Prince Charles, in Esch / Alzette

https://www.rtl.lu/lifestyle/news/a/1743031.html

https://www.wort.lu/de/lokales/am-t...latz-in-esch-alzette-60d2116ede135b923617ba9a

HGD Couple concluded the eve of National Day in Fischbach by participating in the solemn Te Deum mass which took place in the town's church

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4jURMeWUAIEwCA?format=jpg&name=medium

LIVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom