Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that they released this photo, so we are not stuck with the few side-photos of the event itself. We have a slightly better view of the jewels this way, esp. of the jewels of Pss Claire.

At least the cour grand-ducale sent out three versions of the pictures to the media.

Thanks.
Seems a bit strange to me, but I'm not complaining. They can release all the pictures they want and I'll be happy. :lol:

I too love to see the formal family portrait, as we can appreciate the jewels much better than from the other pictures. Luckily they published it in a decent size and high resolution.

Wasn't this the first time that they published a gala picture with the complete younger generation present? There have been numerous family portraits before, but none of them in full gala, iirc. Let's hope that they keep it up and have similar portraits from time to time.

It is unusual that all the children with spouses attend the gala evening at National day. Although they often all attend the daytime events, some of them have always been missing in the evening. So maybe they all went this year because of the plans for a formal family portrait?

I like the new Ducal Family group photo from the National Day gala just wish we had a better view of the tiaras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
I think most of the Luxembourg royals looked great at the gala, and I liked the photos of them very much too. Overall it seems like it was an exciting and enthusiastic celebration!

RTL's video report of National Day, including an exclusive interview with Princess Alexandra:
RTL.lu - Top Thema Magazin - Reportage: De Prënzekanner hire Nationalfeierdag

I wish RTL would provide a transcript even though I know it's not meant for an international audience. Anyway, it was interesting to see that the gala dinner is served buffet style and the family between events. HGD Stephanie's gala dress has some kind of cape.

RTL also posted a short clip on Facebook but the only comments were about Alexandra's strongly French-accented Luxembourgish.

https://www.facebook.com/RTL.Letzebuerg/videos/vb.378832497816/10153743237262817/?type=2&theater

RTL's video report of National Day, including an exclusive interview with Princess Alexandra:
RTL.lu - Top Thema Magazin - Reportage: De Prënzekanner hire Nationalfeierdag

I wish RTL would provide a transcript even though I know it's not meant for an international audience. Anyway, it was interesting to see that the gala dinner is served buffet style and the family between events. HGD Stephanie's gala dress has some kind of cape.

RTL also posted a short clip on Facebook but the only comments were about Alexandra's strongly French-accented Luxembourgish.

https://www.facebook.com/RTL.Letzebuerg/videos/vb.378832497816/10153743237262817/?type=2&theater

thanks prisma!
very nice to see some behind the scenes shots in the video of the family eating together prior to the gala and getting ready to leave the palace. the luxembourgish are the best at doing that, i don't think many other RFs allow cameras inside for those private moments!
if i understood correctly, MT mentioned that sebastian will be going / is now going to sandhurst soon.

was there no balcony scene this year? i was hoping we would get to see amalia there but didn't see any balcony pictures :)

thanks prisma!
very nice to see some behind the scenes shots in the video of the family eating together prior to the gala and getting ready to leave the palace. the luxembourgish are the best at doing that, i don't think many other RFs allow cameras inside for those private moments!
if i understood correctly, MT mentioned that sebastian will be going / is now going to sandhurst soon.

was there no balcony scene this year? i was hoping we would get to see amalia there but didn't see any balcony pictures :)
There is no Balcony Scene at the National Day celebrations. Last year there was an exception due to the Grand Duke's 60th birthday 2 months earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom