Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video about preparations for National Day gala :flowers:
RTL.lu

part with MT starts on 9:05
u can also see Tess in aquamarine (?) tiara and Alex getting her hair done :whistling:

RTL.lu

u can also see Tess in aquamarine (?) tiara and Alex getting her hair done :whistling:

and hear Tess saying 'oui'
one word but still finally we know how she sounds like
I really love Alex voice :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RTL.lu

Thanks for the Video. Tessy is wearing the turqiose tiara which was worn by Maria teresa for the State Visit from Italy. And Alexandra wears the small floral tiara which was worn by Archduchess Marie Christine on her Wedding Day.

Thanks for the Video. Tessy is wearing the turqiose tiara which was worn by Maria teresa for the State Visit from Italy. And Alexandra wears the small floral tiara which was worn by Archduchess Marie Christine on her Wedding Day.

U very much welcome :)
I love seeing family in action ;)

RTL.lu

Fascinating. You get the impression the GD is taking care of every single detail. ;)
BTW - she really looks attractive in her casual day dressing - seems it is the evening wear she is struggling with.
Maybe she should fire her style advisor....;);)
But of course - again -this is my personal opinion. No offense meant to anybody.

I found a picture here of the National Day gala. I think Maria Teresa looks fantastic and that tiara:wub: Oh ya and HGD looks very cute too.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8708/20100623luxembourgmaria.jpg
Hooray: it’s a Tiara Alert from GD Maria Teresa at the National Day Gala! It’s a little tough to see here, but MT is wearing Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde’s Tiara, a diamond tiara with leaf and floral motifs.
Mad Hattery Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
I can´t remember, sorry. But I remember thinking that they sounded like any ordinary mother with her daughters,which is great IMO. :flowers:

Thanks for those, they all look great! By any chance do you have a transcript of what the Grand Duchess is saying to Alexandra and Tessy? And were they getting ready at the Palace? Or the Chateau where they normally live? Thanks:flowers:

If I remember correctly they were at the Chateau and that they were basically talking about what to do with their hair and who would go first and second, Tessy's hair was already done at that point.

Thanks all, I appreciate it. I guess I need to brush up on my French ;)

Luxembourg's National Day: June 23, 2011

Luxembourg's National Day, also known as The Grand Duke's Official Birthday,
will be celebrated tomorrow, June 23rd

:luxflag::luxflag::luxflag:

The Grand Ducal Family will mark the occassion with a traditional Te Deum service at the Notre-Dame Cathedral. Various other events take place both today, June 22nd, and tomorrow as part of the festivities.

Program of Events for June 22nd and June 23rd

June 22nd - Eve of National Day
16:00 - Changing of the Guard at the Grand Ducal Palace
17:00 - The Grand Duke and Duchess visit Oberanven, Municipality of Niederanven
18:00 - The Hereditary Grand Duke visits Esch-sur-Alzette
22:00 - Torchlight procession through the City of Luxembourg, with a performance by the military band in the prescence of the Grand Ducal Family at Place Guillaume
23:30 - Fireworks

June 23rd - National Day/The Grand Duke's Official Birthday
10:30 - The Grand Ducal Family attends the traditional Te Deum Mass at the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Luxembourg City
11:15 - 101 Gun Salute at the Fetschenhaff
11:30 - The Grand Duke and the Hereditary Grand Duke 'take military arms', with a parade in the City

I am looking forward to seeing Tessy again... let's hope her children will be seen too !

Alexandra accompanied Guillaume to Esch Alzette today

Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa planting a tree at their visit in de village Niederanven. June 22, 2011

PPE Agency Tree

Thanks Iceflower. I wonder if the two little boys are Gabriel and Noah.... You can't see their faces on the pix !

The boys in the pictures aren't Noah and Gabriel, they look differently. For example Gabriel has darker hair than the boy in the pictures. Also, I think, the children in the pictures took part in the traditional parade and were therefore greeted by Grand Ducal couple.

A possible imminent engagement of the Hereditary Grand-Duke has been evoked by the commentators of one of the most respected television channel of Luxemburg, RTL. One of them is very well informed and he didn't denied. So, as he said, "wait and see", but people close to the grand-ducal family have heard rumors which would confirm it.

A possible imminent engagement of the Hereditary Grand-Duke has been evoked by the commentators of one of the most respected television channel of Luxemburg, RTL. One of them is very well informed and he didn't denied. So, as he said, "wait and see", but people close to the grand-ducal family have heard rumors which would confirm it.

I really hope this is true! I wonder if she's royal or maybe noble, probably not though!

I think everyone looked elegant today, and it was funny to see Henri and Guillaume getting soaking wet and not looking to pleased!

I really hope this is true! I wonder if she's royal or maybe noble, probably not though!

I think everyone looked elegant today, and it was funny to see Henri and Guillaume getting soaking wet and not looking to pleased!

I don't know if she is royal but it is said that she is at least noble, and that it could delight people in favour of equal matches.

I don't know if she is royal but it is said that she is at least noble, and that it could delight people in favour of equal matches.

Hmm, how interesting, I guess we just have to sit tight and wait.:)

Hmm, how interesting, I guess we just have to sit tight and wait.:)

However, it is only rumours. RTL seems to be sure that the hereditary grand-duke has a girlfriend, but rumours about a noble one could prove totally wrong.

I've seen a TV programm Maria Theresa preparing the table for her guests on the national holiday, and she critisized the way the decoration was done, she didn't like to see the flowers on the table, cuz she said it makes the table too busy and also for the sake of the hygiene. I totally agreed with that :)

Engagment as in marriage in engagment?? I didn't think he was sating anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom