Luxembourg's National Day 1: June 23, 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,559
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,409
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,550
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,548
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,354
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,342
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 2,529
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,404
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,427
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,501
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 2,215
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,249
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,268
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,181
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,271
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,296
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,259
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 2,255
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,253
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,211

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,265
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,160
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,246
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,255
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,179
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,214
Semiramide_Appiani said:
Where's Felix? :(
I don´t know he was not in any of the pictures...

do they do this every year?and what date is the National Day

Good Question, I will look into it for us Josephine. I too was wondering also... I loved those photos. Thanks for posting and sharing them with us. The Grand Ducal Family is so down to earth, and just seem to enjoy every moment together....

Thank You again,

Chanel

Info on National Day Luxembourg:

National Day
Since the end of the 18th century, it has been customary
in Luxembourg to celebrate the sovereign’s birthday.
During the long reign of Grand Duchess Charlotte from 1919
to 1964, this celebration always took place in mid-winter,
on 23 January, on the sovereign’s birthday.
In 1961, in particular due to the weather at that time of year,
it was decided to transfer the public celebration of the
sovereign’s birthday, and thus National Day, to the 23 June
of each year. Festivities commence on the evening before.
Since 23 December 1961, the National-Day celebrations have
been laid down in a grand-ducal decree. The term ”national
festival” does not figure in the legal texts, the day being described
instead as ”day of the official celebration of the anniversary
of the birth of the Grand Duke”.

More important Holidays in Luxembourg we should look out for photos on:

Liberation Day, September 9. Commemorates liberation by the Allies in World War II.
Burgsonndeg, February 28. Celebrates the end of winter with ancient customs.
Grand Duchess' Birthday, January 23. A holiday celebrated with parades and fireworks.

Public Holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Monday, All Saints' Day, Christmas, and Boxing Day.

Josefine said:
I don´t know he was not in any of the pictures...

Maybe he's in his school !
PS: His school is in Switzerland ^_^

Chanel said:
Info on National Day Luxembourg:

National Day
Since the end of the 18th century, it has been customary
in Luxembourg to celebrate the sovereign’s birthday.
During the long reign of Grand Duchess Charlotte from 1919
to 1964, this celebration always took place in mid-winter,
on 23 January, on the sovereign’s birthday.
In 1961, in particular due to the weather at that time of year,
it was decided to transfer the public celebration of the
sovereign’s birthday, and thus National Day, to the 23 June
of each year. Festivities commence on the evening before.
Since 23 December 1961, the National-Day celebrations have
been laid down in a grand-ducal decree. The term ”national
festival” does not figure in the legal texts, the day being described
instead as ”day of the official celebration of the anniversary
of the birth of the Grand Duke”.

More important Holidays in Luxembourg we should look out for photos on:

Liberation Day, September 9. Commemorates liberation by the Allies in World War II.
Burgsonndeg, February 28. Celebrates the end of winter with ancient customs.
Grand Duchess' Birthday, January 23. A holiday celebrated with parades and fireworks.

Public Holidays: New Year's Day, Easter Monday, All Saints' Day, Christmas, and Boxing Day.
i don't think luxembourg is in december... as far as i know it's this month...

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I just thought I'd bring this board back up since national day '04 is coming up.
why don't we create a new topic for national day 2004?

the national day in luxembourg is the 23 june

can't wait to see guillaume again!

Luxembourg's National Day: June 23, 2004

Fête nationale le 23 juin 2004
22-06-2004 - 23-06-2004

Dans le cadre de la Fête nationale du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse ainsi que le Grand-Duc héritier vont assister les 22 et 23 juin 2004 aux festivités organisées à Wiltz, Esch-sur-Alzette et Luxembourg.

En début d’après-midi, l’honneur est d’abord revenu à la ville de Wiltz où le couple grand-ducal fut accueilli par le bourgmestre Romain Schneider et le collège échevinal. LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse ont d’abord visité les différentes stations du Rodange-Renert-Kulturwee en présence de l’artiste Ad. Deville pour se diriger ensuite au lieu-dit Op der Lann afin d’assister à l’inauguration du monument Michel Rodange.

Après le dépôt d’une gerbe de fleurs au monument national de la grève, le couple grand-ducal a eu l’occasion de participer, ensemble avec la population locale, à la Fête de l’amitié sur la place du Festival.

Le 22 juin 2004, le Premier ministre tient également sa traditionnelle allocution à l'occasion de la Fête nationale.

Relève de la garde devant le palais grand-ducal

Dans le courant de l’après-midi du 22 juin 2004 a également eu lieu la traditionnelle relève de la garde devant le palais grand-ducal. Y a participé un détachement d’honneur de l’armée sous le commandement du lieutenant en 1er Steve Koch. Les chefs de peloton furent les lieutenants Peter Bodé et Michel Useldinger. La garde montante fut commandée par le sergent John Lanser et la garde descendante par le 1er sergent Patrick Placidi. L’encadrement musical était assuré par la musique militaire sous la direction du lieutenant-colonel André Reichling, chef de la musique militaire.

Volleksfest à Esch-sur-Alzette

En fin d’après-midi, S.A.R. le Grand-Duc héritier, accompagné de son frère le prince Félix, se rendra à Esch-sur-Alzette. Ils seront accueillis par la bourgmestre Lydia Mutsch, le collège échevinal et le conseil communal à la place de la Résistance.

Après le traditionnel dépôt de fleurs au monument aux Morts, les princes Guillaume et Félix se rendront au Théâtre municipal pour assister à des présentations musicales de plusieurs classes du conservatoire de musique de la ville d’Esch-sur-Alzette.

Le cortège, en présence des deux membres de la famille grand-ducale, se dirigera de la place de la Résistance vers l’Hôtel de Ville où aura lieu le traditionnel Escher Volleksfest. Après le défilé des nombreuses associations de la ville, LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc héritier et le prince Félix vont allumer le feu de camp des scouts luxembourgeois.

Festivités à Luxembourg-Ville

À partir de 22 heures, LL.AA.RR. le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, le Grand-Duc héritier, le prince Félix, la princesse Alexandra et le prince Sébastien vont assister aux festivités organisées par la ville de Luxembourg.

À la sortie du palais grand-ducal, ils seront accueillis par le bourgmestre et les échevins de la ville de Luxembourg qui les accompagneront vers la tribune d’honneur installée sur la place Guillaume II, à partir de laquelle ils suivront l’aubade de la musique militaire et la traditionnelle retraite aux flambeaux animée par les nombreuses associations de la ville.

Le programme du 22 juin se clôturera par le traditionnel feu d’artifice sur le pont Adolphe. L’encadrement musical sera assuré par une composition signée Paul Dahm.

Prise d'armes et Te Deum solennel

Mercredi 23 juin, jour de la Fête nationale, l’armée et la police grand-ducale se présenteront pour la prise d’armes dans l’avenue de la Liberté. La prise d’armes est placée sous le commandement du lieutenant-colonel Gaston Reinig, commandant du centre militaire de Diekirch.

L’armée y est représentée avec une compagnie d’honneur, une compagnie à pied – dont un peloton composé de soldats belges ayant participé avec les militaires luxembourgeois à des missions au Kosovo et en Afghanistan dans le cadre de la coopération militaire belgo-luxembourgeoise –, un détachement motorisé et la musique militaire. La police grand-ducale, de son côté, y participe avec une compagnie d’honneur et un détachement motorisé.

En présence de S.A.R. la Grande-Duchesse et des enfants princiers, du chef d’état-major de l’armée Nico Ries, du directeur général de la police grand-ducale Pierre Reuland, du ministre de la Défense Charles Goerens et du ministre de l’Intérieur Michel Wolter, le chef d’État et le Grand-Duc héritier vont passer en revue les troupes.

Le Te Deum solennel sera célébré ensuite en la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Luxembourg en présence des membres de la famille grand-ducale, des membres de la maison grand-ducale, des membres du gouvernement, des députés, des autres corps constitués ainsi que du corps diplomatique accrédité auprès du chef d’État luxembourgeois.

Le traditionnel tir d’honneur de 101 coups de canon au Fetschenhaff clôturera les festivités officielles de la Fête nationale 2004.

many thanks for those cute pics, josefine! where did you get them? i couldn't find any!

guillaume and felix are even cutier day by day and teresa was really elegant in that turquoise dress! ;)

In picture five where Guillaume is clapping you can see his hand is on his right hand implying he is a lefty correct? I had no idea, what about his brothers and sister- righties or lefties?

WHOOPS! lol "his hand is on his right hand" I mean his watch is on his right hand,sorry!

"Is the Grand Duke balding?"

Looks like the beginning of it .... receding a bit up front under his hair, and a bit of gap at the part.

Probably runs in the family .... you know ;) ... "male pattern baldness syndrome"!

Is the Grand Duke balding?

Just my own opinion, of course, but I believe that the Grand Duke, regardless of the receding hairline, will always be a most elegant and aristocratic looking man. I think many women would agree that he represents "the complete package". ;)

i found lots of photos of the national day in seegerpress!

carlota said:
i found lots of photos of the national day in seegerpress!
I went to their website, but I was unable to find any pictures. (I am quite bad with computers) Could you post a link?
Elle

I love to see photos of National Day in Luxembourg. Are there any military photos? IE-photos of the Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duke in Military Uniform? Please post if so!

chanel said:
I love to see photos of National Day in Luxembourg. Are there any military photos? IE-photos of the Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duke in Military Uniform? Please post if so!
I found some on yahoo. But they're in the Cathedral of Notre Dame. Plus, I'm not quite sure how to post them.

Goto the photo that you have found online:

Right click the photo until you see a grey box with a list, go down to the last one "properties" and click on it. It will show a larger box with a location address starting with HTTP:// - copy (ctrl C) and paste it (ctrl V) into the http:// button at the top of this box that you are writing your message in.

You can also use the IMG button and we can come in a fix the photos making them links for you. I would love to see them. If they are on your hard drive, you can email them to me, I can post them on my photos archive and link them to the site to share as well.

It is up to you. I would be great to see them.

Thank You. Chanel

This is probably a really stupid question...but can anyone tell me what exactly is National Day? Is it like the 4th of July for the U.S?

pimpess said:
This is probably a really stupid question...but can anyone tell me what exactly is National Day? Is it like the 4th of July for the U.S?
Its kind of like that. Its spread over a three day period. There are fireworks and stuff like that on one of the days. Another day there is a service at Notre Dame cathedral.

*Elle* said:
I went to their website, but I was unable to find any pictures. (I am quite bad with computers) Could you post a link?
Elle
*elle*, i can't find them now! i don't know what happened with that pics... :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom