Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events Part 5: September 2017 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
However, they are not foreign nationals living in Luxembourg. They are citizens of Luxembourg living abroad. So, I understand voting for national elections (which in most countries excludes foreign nationals) but for municipal elections it is rather complicated: can they just pick any municipality they like? As they live in none of them...

Only Grand Duke and Grand Duchess must not vote, do they?

Last night in the gardens of the Château de Berg the traditional “Garden Party” took place. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, accompanied by the Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, invited around 300 representatives of political, diplomatic, administrative, economic and civil society circles to this summer event.

https://monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/garden-party-27-juin-2023

Only Grand Duke and Grand Duchess must not vote, do they?

I thought in general royals/working royals don't vote in any elections since as heads of state they can't favor any political group, right? Not sure about the extended family besides the crown prince's.

What a lovely setting the Château de Berg makes for the Summer Garden Parties :previous:

These parties seem a lot less formal than the British ones. They seem to really have time for their more limited amount of guests.

These parties seem a lot less formal than the British ones. They seem to really have time for their more limited amount of guests.

And they serve alcohol too, I don't think there's alcohol served at the British Garden Parties?

I am a little surprised to see Stephanie at this event tbh.

She was completely absent from the German State visit, and given the fact that she was partially educated in Germany and completely fluent in the language it would seem to have been perfect for Stephanie.

But it's great to see she and Guillaume out with Alexandra and Nicolas.?

Sebastien didn’t stay long after the wedding in Portugal!

A question: can the Grand Ducal family to vote?

Prince Charles is growing like a weed, and baby François is almost a clone of his father imho.

Yesterday, December 14, Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa accompanied by Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie hosted a reception for soldiers and police officers mobilized on international missions mandated by the UN, NATO and the European Union for peacekeeping operations:

** monarchie: Réception OMP (Opérations de Maintien de la Paix) 2023 **

Last edited:
Great to see Alexandra and Nicolas attending as well. Also good to see he received the go-to order for spouses.

I echo your sentiments. Delightfully surprised to see Princess Alexandra and her husband attending such events. Everyone looked wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom