The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2020, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to people from Lucarazzi they've decided to cancel the evening gala on the the National day and instead make the New year's reception a gala. The National day celebrations will from now on end with the Te Deum.
Awe, that's unfortunate. More family members attend National Day than New Year Receptions.

I assume Princess Alexandra is substituting for GD Maria Teresa this year and not a regular appearance. Hopefully the Cour encourages the others to attend but I imagine it's difficult as Luxembourg's New Year reception varies from early to mid-January, not a set day like January 1st for Japan and Denmark.

ETA: However, I am glad the GDF decided to upgrade New Year's Reception instead of simply cancelling National Day gala.

ETA: Replies under this tweet https://twitter.com/svenja_loves/sta...11296991137792

https://twitter.com/MaraSchustersc1/...18018740727810
https://twitter.com/MaraSchustersc1/...18713837563914

Old 01-17-2020, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to people from Lucarazzi they've decided to cancel the evening gala on the the National day and instead make the New year's reception a gala. The National day celebrations will from now on end with the Te Deum.

I also read this on Twitter, but they were speculating on what I understood.
I hope the national day gala will continue, but this new year reception format will continue as well.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

I'll miss the National Day gala very much, it's a great tiara highlight before the summer break. But seeing white tie at the New Year Reception is really lovely. Both ladies looked great, though I'd have loved to see the other siblings as well.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
As far as i recall GD Maria Teresa got the Order of the Lion of Nassau when her husband became Grand Duke. But still a bit strange that the wife of the Heir does not have the hightest Order of the country which is the case in all other monarchies with the exception of the UK.

Now I see why Queen Beatrix did not made Stéphanie a Dame Ordre du Lion d'Or de la Maison de Nassau: her State Visit was in March 2012 and Stéphanie married in October 2012. The then Stéphanie comtesse de Lannoy did not take part in this State Visit. That will be the explanation.

But when King Willem-Alexander visited Luxembourg, he did not create Stéphanie in the shared Nassau Order either. Instead she became a Dame Grand-Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau, see picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dd5n0DbUwAAve9f.jpg
Old 01-17-2020, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Hed Grand Duchess Stephanie wore as tiara a necklace belonging to the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte. Well done !
Old 01-17-2020, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'll miss the National Day gala very much, it's a great tiara highlight before the summer break. But seeing white tie at the New Year Reception is really lovely. Both ladies looked great, though I'd have loved to see the other siblings as well.
Yes I agree Tilla C but thankfully we have the New Years Reception and its a white tie/Tiara gala.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.

Tags
archduchess marie astrid, current events, grand duchess maria teresa, grand duke henri, grand duke jean, hereditary grand duchess stéphanie, hereditary grand duke guillaume, luxembourg, nassau, prince felix, prince guillaume, prince jean, prince louis, prince sebastian, princess alexandra, princess alexandra of luxembourg, princess claire, princess claire of luxembourg, princess margaretha of luxembourg, princess sibilla, stephanie