Dutch State Visit to Luxembourg: March 20-22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
:luxstandard::dutchstandard:

HM Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands will pay a State Visit to Luxembourg in march 2012.No exact dates have been set yet.

It will be HM 2nd State Visit to Luxembourg and Her 52nd since the start of Her Reign and Luxembourg also was Her first in 1981 together with the late Prince Claus.

Last edited:
I wonder if this visit will be now be cancelled? I'm sure HM has more important things on her mind at present and I would imagine all parties involved would be understanding.

Program for the State Visit

Wednesday March 20th
-Queen Beatrix arrives at Findel Airport.
-Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will officially welcome Queen Beatrix at the Grand Ducal Palace.
-Queen Beatrix will lay a wreath at the Kanounenhiwwel Monument, the monument was erected in 1971 to commemorate those who died in World War II.
-Queen Beatrix will have audiences with the President of the Luxembourg Parliament, Mr Mosar; the Prime Minister of Luxembourg, Mr Juncker; and the Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Luxembourg, Mr Asselborn.
-
Queen Beatrix will be received by the Mayor of Luxembourg City.
-Queen Beatrix and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume attend a meeting between Luxembourg and Dutch businesses.
-State Banquet at the Grand Ducal Palace.

Thursay March 21st
-Queen Beatrix visits Belval in Esch-sur-Alzette, a new city restored in 2002, to view their infrastructure and construction. In Belval, a visit to the University of Luxembourg's House of Biomedicine.
-Government lunch.
-Queen Beatrix visits SES Astra, a satellite operator. She will tour the satellite control centre and the dish garden, where she will be informed about about the company's newest project, emergency.lu.
-Queen Beatrix hosts an evening concert by the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century.

Friday March 22nd
-Queen Beatrix will visit the University of Luxembourg, where she will meet with students. She will attend a meeting with the President of the European Investment Bank, Mr Hoyer; the President of the European Court of Justice, Mr Skouris; and Mr Brok, MEP.
-Queen Beatrix will have a reception with the Dutch community in Luxembourg.
-There will be a farewell ceremony at the Grand Ducal Palace to officially conclude the state visit.

I hope for the State Banquet we will see Princesses Charlotte and Tessy with tiaras.

You mean princess Alexandra ;)
I don't think so. Alex is studying abroad, and Tessy with family lives in England. They never attended at state dinners and they probably never won't.

Queen Beatrix had a meeting with Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker.
And on a different note, I absolutely love this picture of the Grand Ducal couple. :)

Last edited:
The small diamond floral tiara for Queen Beatrix and a floral tiara for the Grand Duchess too:

Cheers

Last edited:
The small diamond floral tiara for Queen Beatrix and a bracelet tiara for the Grand Duchess:

Cheers

HM looks absolutely fantastic,mooi,heel mooi.Robin Utrecht,again,captures her most beautifully.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's dress looks similar to the dress of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at the last nobel prize ceremony!

Gala Statebanquet with Queen Beatrix and Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and Grand Duchess Maria-Theresa and Grand Duke Guillaume at the Royal palace on the first day of the statevisit to Luxembourg.

PPE Agency

I have never seen the Grand Duchess' tiara before and I thought I had seen them all. Does anyone know it's history? I must say that the Luxembourg jewel collection seems very vast and impressive.

What orders are Queen B and the Hereditary Grand Duke wearing?

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's dress looks similar to the dress of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden at the last nobel prize ceremony!

That's because its also an Elie Saab dress. He has been making a lot of sequined dresses lately.

Last edited:
That's because its also an Elie Saab dress. He has been making a lot of sequined dresses lately.

Maria-Teresa's and Victoria's dresses look similar but are not the same. The Swedish court has stated that Victoria's dress for the Nobel Prizes wasn't Saab.

I have never seen the Grand Duchess' tiara before and I thought I had seen them all. Does anyone know it's history? I must say that the Luxembourg jewel collection seems very vast and impressive.

They have quite a lot of tiaras and convertible necklaces, I estimate about 15 or more pieces can be worn as tiaras. The collection includes two diamond floral tiaras, this one is the bigger one. I don't know much about the history but it has been in the family for a long time, a few of Grand Duke Jean's sister wore it on their wedding day.

Guts, Queen Beatrix, has guts. Non English mother tongue, will have trouble understanding this. But for a mother, whose son is dying day by day to do this, you have to have guts. Bless you, Beatrix.

Countess: I know what you mean. I thought the same thing: courage and grit and yes, guts! God bless her!

MT looked great in her two outfits on day1 of the visit.
Its great seeing QB smiling and moving on with what she has to do. Her evening dress is great! On of her better dresses IMO.

Glittering and warm State Banquet and my had off for HM Queen Beatrix.

Wonderful photo's,my favourite was H.M.Queen Beatrix toast to HRH The Grand Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom