The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 04-30-2019, 07:29 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,799
Princess Beatrix attended also queen Fabiola's funeral and is a perfect choice as when the King and Queen have other engagements.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
Does anyone know what the course of events will be for the next few days, for example:

- When will the body of the late Grand Duke be transferred to the Royal Palace?
- Will there be a Lying in State, so that the authorities and the people of Luxembourg can pay their respects?

What I also would like to know: will the Grand Duke be buried or cremated?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read somewhere that his late wife, Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, was cremated and that her ashes are placed in the Royal Vault in the Notre Dame Cathedral of Luxembourg.
Some event details from Luxarazzi
Open Post About the Funeral Arrangements for Grand Duke Jean
Grand Duke Jean to Lie in State, Public Invited to Attend Funeral
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
How odd that the king and queen are not going to the funeral of a (former) Benelux co-monarch and the head of the other branch of the Nassau family. Grand Duke Jean was a regular guest at major Dutch weddings and funerals. But of course Queen Beatrix will have known him best.

It seems that Princess Esmeralda is not able to make it to her brother-in-law's funeral. Did she attend the funeral of Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte?

Around 17.30 the King and Queen Máxima are expected at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam. Around 18.00 the members of the Comité 4 and 5 May as well other authorities are welcomed in the Royal Palace. At 18.30 the National Remembrance starts, culminating in the wreathlaying at 20.00 o'clock.

It is not impossible to do both the State Funeral in Luxembourg and the National Remembrance in Amsterdam, but I understand the choice for Princess Beatrix, the Duke and the Duchess of Parma. With this the former head of the House of Orange-Nassau plus the head of the House Bourbon-Parma go to the State Funeral. And no stress about a tight time schedule.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,884
I suppose you are right & it would be a tight schedule. The national remembrance is one of the most important events of the year so a risk of running late is perhaps best avoided.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-30-2019, 12:28 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are also attending with The Princess Royal.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-30-2019, 01:05 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are also attending with The Princess Royal.
The British RF will be well represented at the funeral.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-30-2019, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,333
Looks like the royal guest list will be

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Belgium -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
H.M King Albert II
H.M Queen Paola
H.R.H The Duchess of Brabant
H.I.R.H Princess Astrid Archduchess of Austria-Este
H.I.R.H Prince Lorentz Archduke of Austria-Este
H.R.H Prince Laurent
H.R.H Princess Lea

Lichtenstein -
H.R.H Princess Margaretha (GD Jeans youngest daughter)
H.S.H Prince Nikolaus
Their three children
H.S.H The Prince Regent
H.R.H The Hereditary Princess

Denmark / Greece -
H.M Queen Margrethe II
H.M Queen Anne-Marie

Jordan -
H.R.H Prince Hassan
H.R.H Princess Sarvath
H.R.H Prince Rashid
H.R.H Princess Badi'a

Monaco -
H.S.H The Sovereign Prince

Netherlands / House of Bourbon Parma -
H.R.H Princess Beatrix
H.R.H The Duke of Parma
H.R.H The Duchess of Parma

Norway -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

Sweden -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen

United Kingdom -
H.R.H The Princess Royal
H.R.H The Duke of Gloucester
H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester

Spain -
H.M King Juan Carlos
H.M Queen Sofia

Romania -
H.M Margarita The Custodian of the Crown
H.R.H Prince Radu

Portugal -
H.R.H The Duke of Braganza and his family

Brazil -
Prince Rafael

House of D'Orleans -
Jean Count of Paris

House of Bourbon -
Louis Alphonse Duke of Anjou

And ofcourse GD Jeans nieces and nephews and their families
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-30-2019, 01:49 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,799
Prince Albert II of Monaco attending on his own again no real surprise there .
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Looks like the royal guest list will be

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Belgium -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
H.M King Albert II
H.M Queen Paola
H.R.H The Duchess of Brabant
H.I.R.H Princess Astrid Archduchess of Austria-Este
H.I.R.H Prince Lorentz Archduke of Austria-Este
H.R.H Prince Laurent
H.R.H Princess Lea

Lichtenstein -
H.R.H Princess Margaretha (GD Jeans youngest daughter)
H.S.H Prince Nikolaus
Their three children
H.S.H The Prince Regent
H.R.H The Hereditary Princess

Denmark / Greece -
H.M Queen Margrethe II
H.M Queen Anne-Marie

Jordan -
H.R.H Prince Hassan
H.R.H Princess Sarvath
H.R.H Prince Rashid
H.R.H Princess Badi'a

Monaco -
H.S.H The Sovereign Prince

Netherlands / House of Bourbon Parma -
H.R.H Princess Beatrix
H.R.H The Duke of Parma
H.R.H The Duchess of Parma

Norway -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

Sweden -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen

United Kingdom -
H.R.H The Princess Royal
H.R.H The Duke of Gloucester
H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester

Spain -
H.M King Juan Carlos
H.M Queen Sofia

Romania -
H.M Margarita The Custodian of the Crown
H.R.H Prince Radu

Portugal -
H.R.H The Duke of Braganza and his family

Brazil -
Prince Rafael

House of D'Orleans -
Jean Count of Paris

And ofcourse GD Jeans nieces and nephews and their families

My guess is that also several german noble's like the Duke of Bavaria, The Duke and Duchess in Bavaria etc will attend.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 4,549
I hope there will also be members of the Royal Families of Germany and Bulgaria. I am happy that all the royal families reigning in Europe will be represented.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 04-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
My guess is that also several german noble's like the Duke of Bavaria, The Duke and Duchess in Bavaria etc will attend.
Most likely. And perhaps also Karl Von Habsburg and/or members from his family. His grandmother Empress Zita and Grand Duke Jeans father Prince Felix were siblings...
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 04-30-2019, 02:39 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 10,075
That's really quite an impressive guest list, and I am certain it's not even complete.

I was surprised to read that the 17 year old Duchess of Brabant is accompanying her parents. I had thought she was back at school in Wales?
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's really quite an impressive guest list, and I am certain it's not even complete.

I was surprised to read that the 17 year old Duchess of Brabant is accompanying her parents. I had thought she was back at school in Wales?
As the funeral is held on a Saturday, she may be available over the day or the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:28 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 27,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
As the funeral is held on a Saturday, she may be available over the day or the weekend.
Its also the May Bank Holiday weekend in UK/Eire so a 3 day weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Most likely. And perhaps also Karl Von Habsburg and/or members from his family. His grandmother Empress Zita and Grand Duke Jeans father Prince Felix were siblings...

Pretty sure that from the Habsburgs at last the mother and the siblings of Archduke Carl Christian will attend. But likely more. No Idea if AD Karl will be invited as he did not attend the wedding in 2012. There where members of all the younger sons of Emperor Karl but only the Otto line was not represented then.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Prince Albert II of Monaco attending on his own again no real surprise there .
It's embarrassing. What on Earth is wrong with Charlene that she can't EVER mix with other royals?
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Looks like the royal guest list will be

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Belgium -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
H.M King Albert II
H.M Queen Paola
H.R.H The Duchess of Brabant
H.I.R.H Princess Astrid Archduchess of Austria-Este
H.I.R.H Prince Lorentz Archduke of Austria-Este
H.R.H Prince Laurent
H.R.H Princess Lea

Lichtenstein -
H.R.H Princess Margaretha (GD Jeans youngest daughter)
H.S.H Prince Nikolaus
Their three children
H.S.H The Prince Regent
H.R.H The Hereditary Princess

Denmark / Greece -
H.M Queen Margrethe II
H.M Queen Anne-Marie

Jordan -
H.R.H Prince Hassan
H.R.H Princess Sarvath
H.R.H Prince Rashid
H.R.H Princess Badi'a

Monaco -
H.S.H The Sovereign Prince

Netherlands / House of Bourbon Parma -
H.R.H Princess Beatrix
H.R.H The Duke of Parma
H.R.H The Duchess of Parma

Norway -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

Sweden -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen

United Kingdom -
H.R.H The Princess Royal
H.R.H The Duke of Gloucester
H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester

Spain -
H.M King Juan Carlos
H.M Queen Sofia

Romania -
H.M Margarita The Custodian of the Crown
H.R.H Prince Radu

Portugal -
H.R.H The Duke of Braganza and his family

Brazil -
Prince Rafael

House of D'Orleans -
Jean Count of Paris

And ofcourse GD Jeans nieces and nephews and their families
Thank you for compiling this guestlist.


Belgium - Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz are HRH rather than HIRH. A recent example from the Belgian monarchy's homepage:

Concours Reine Elisabeth – Violon 2019
30 avril 2019 (Jour entier) - 06 juin 2019 (Jour entier)

[…]

Leurs Altesses Royales la Princesse Astrid et le Prince Lorenz assisteront à une session de la finale le vendredi 24 mai 2019 au Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles.

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/c...th-violon-2019

(Translation: Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz will attend a session of the finals of the finals on Friday, May 24 at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.)

Denmark/Greece - Anne-Marie would be representing Denmark only, as Greece stripped their former royal family of their status and considers them to be private citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-30-2019, 03:59 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Thank you for compiling this guestlist.

Belgium - Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz are HRH rather than HIRH. A recent example from the Belgian monarchy's homepage:

Concours Reine Elisabeth – Violon 2019
30 avril 2019 (Jour entier) - 06 juin 2019 (Jour entier)

[…]

Leurs Altesses Royales la Princesse Astrid et le Prince Lorenz assisteront à une session de la finale le vendredi 24 mai 2019 au Palais des Beaux-Arts de Bruxelles.

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/c...th-violon-2019

(Translation: Their Royal Highnesses Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz will attend a session of the finals of the finals on Friday, May 24 at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels.)

Denmark/Greece - Anne-Marie would be representing Denmark only, as Greece stripped their former royal family of their status and considers them to be private citizens.
Queen Anne-Marie would be there as a representative of the Royal House of Greece not as a representative of Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Queen Anne-Marie would be there as a representative of the Royal House of Greece not as a representative of Denmark.
That may be her point of view. The point I was trying to make was that only Denmark, not Greece, recognizes her husband's house as "Royal".

To add to my previous comment, the Belgian crown princess is known as HRH Princess Elisabeth or HRH Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant. https://www.monarchie.be/en/royal-fa...ess-of-brabant
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-30-2019, 04:19 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Looks like the royal guest list will be

The Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg

Belgium -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
H.M King Albert II
H.M Queen Paola
H.R.H The Duchess of Brabant
H.I.R.H Princess Astrid Archduchess of Austria-Este
H.I.R.H Prince Lorentz Archduke of Austria-Este
H.R.H Prince Laurent
H.R.H Princess Lea

Lichtenstein -
H.R.H Princess Margaretha (GD Jeans youngest daughter)
H.S.H Prince Nikolaus
Their three children
H.S.H The Prince Regent
H.R.H The Hereditary Princess

Denmark / Greece -
H.M Queen Margrethe II
H.M Queen Anne-Marie

Jordan -
H.R.H Prince Hassan
H.R.H Princess Sarvath
H.R.H Prince Rashid
H.R.H Princess Badi'a

Monaco -
H.S.H The Sovereign Prince

Netherlands / House of Bourbon Parma -
H.R.H Princess Beatrix
H.R.H The Duke of Parma
H.R.H The Duchess of Parma

Norway -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen
Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner

Sweden -
H.M The King
H.M The Queen

United Kingdom -
H.R.H The Princess Royal
H.R.H The Duke of Gloucester
H.R.H The Duchess of Gloucester

Spain -
H.M King Juan Carlos
H.M Queen Sofia

Romania -
H.M Margarita The Custodian of the Crown
H.R.H Prince Radu

Portugal -
H.R.H The Duke of Braganza and his family

Brazil -
Prince Rafael

House of D'Orleans -
Jean Count of Paris

And ofcourse GD Jeans nieces and nephews and their families
Thanks Hans-Rickard!

And add to the list and Prince Louis, Duke of Anjou:

"Louis de Bourbon, Duc d’Anjou

@louisducdanjou

J'assisterai aux funérailles d'État de mon cousin, le Grand-Duc Jean de Luxembourg et le confie à vos prières ainsi que sa famille."

"I will attend the state funeral of my cousin, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, and entrust him to your prayers and his family."
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, Part 2: April 2005 - April 2019 Alexandria Current Events Archive 261 04-23-2019 05:37 AM
Death & Funeral of Prince Henri, Count of Paris - 21 Jan. / 2 Feb. 2019 eya Royal Families of France 211 04-02-2019 07:56 AM
Grand Duke Jean's 95th Birthday Celebrations: January 9, 2016 EMB Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 38 01-17-2016 11:07 PM
Grand Duke Jean's 90th Birthday: January 5, 2011 salma Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg 82 01-15-2011 08:34 AM
Grand Duke Jean and the late GD Joséphine-Charlotte, News 1: May 2003 - April 2005 Jalmey Current Events Archive 117 04-14-2005 12:12 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones bangladesh baptism british royals chittagong countess of snowdon cover-up danish history dragons dutch history dutch royal family dutch royals family tree games haakon vii hill history house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau imperial household interesting introduction israel jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander list of rulers mailing maxima mbs nepal nepalese royal family nobel prize norway history prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince daniel princely family of monaco princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth pronunciation queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family startling new evidence thailand tracts unsubscribe videos visit from sweden wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×