Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand Visit: June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems nowadays the Imperial Agency has permitted them to speak English and no more translators. I saw on Malaysian national tv last night, they conversed in English with King of Malaysia.

PrincessDianafan said:
Hi, you were there too. Did you manage to get any pictures. I couldn't because of protocol. Yes, they seem to be a very loving couple.

Yup I took some pics and video clips using my mobile.

Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko smile as they leave a hotel in Kuala Lumpur for the aiport to proceed for their next visit to Bangkok. Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko will attend celebrations for the 60th anniversary of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej's coronation.

42-16926643.jpg
42-16926637.jpg

Ahmad Yusni /Pool/epa/Corbis
June 11, 2006

More photos from JIJI press of their visit in Singapore

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko returned home on June 15 after a week East Asian Tour. They were welcomed by the Prince Naruhito, Princess Masako, Prince Akishino and other members of the Imperial Family at Haneda Airport.
#1: NNN news

#2: JIJI press
#3: Mainichi news

Below from TBS news

Statement by the Chief Cabinet Secretary on the Visit to South East Asia by Their Majesties The Emperor and Empress of Japan
http://www.mofa.go.jp/announce/announce/2006/6/0616.html

Last edited:
Photo from Yomiuri news of the Emperor and Empress returning to Tokyo on June 15, 2006.

Photos from Yomiuri of the Singapore visit

The Empress leaving the National Library on 9th June 2006 taken by Ace Cheong

EmpressofJapan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom