Princess Hisako Takamado and Family: News and Pictures

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On March 23rd, Princess Hisako attended the opening ceremony of the Toko Shinoda exhibition at Gifu Collection of Modern Arts in Seki, Gifu Prefecture. The princess shared, “when I was 22 years old, I bought Toko’s work at a British gallery her first salary because I knew I wanted it.”

Princess Hisako, who became friends with the artist (1913-2021), viewed an array of Shinoda's masterpieces after the ceremony. The exhibition runs March 28 to June 15.

Photos: zf-web.com, gifu-np.co.jp, Chunichi

On March 25th, Princess Hisako attended the Asiatic Society of Japan (ASJ) Annual General Meeting and Special Lecture "Sweden in the world - challenges and opportunities in a changing global security landscape" at Europa House, Delegation of the European Union to Japan, in Minato, Tokyo.

The Swedish Ambassador Pereric Högberg gave the special lecture where he "slammed Russia for invading Ukraine and celebrated Sweden’s recently joining NATO."

Photo: Facebook - Simon Farrell

-----

A better photo of Princess Hisako presenting medals at the 4th World Kyudo Taikai in Nagoya in late February.

Photo: LinkedIn - Kris Dziewiecki

Last edited:
On April 5th, Princess Tsuguko and Princess Hisako attended the "2024 Cherry Blossom Charity Ball" sponsored by the International Ladies Benevolent Society (ILBS) at Okura Hotel, in Tokyo.

Source: Asahi Imperial Schedule April 1st-7th
(copied at blog.goo.ne.jp)

No photos yet published or official information about the event. Some people on instagram have posted photos of the event or videos but no photos frame the Takamado Princesses. A post, however, confirms their presence at the event in the caption below the photos.
We know that the Swedish ambassador to Japan was present and so I'm still checking on Swedish sites as well.
It's so frustrating not to find photos.

-----

More photos of Princess Tsuguko at the 9th All Japan Brass Symphony Competition Finals at Fuchu-no-mori Art Theater in Tokyo on January 6th.

The article also includes a transcript of Princess Tsuguko's speech at the event. The site has also published the dates of the 10th All Japan Brass Symphony Competition and maybe Tsuguko will participate.

Source/photos: ajbsc.jp

Back
Top Bottom