8 Imperial family members attended former PM Yasuhiro Nakasone funeral on October 17 and a FNN
article explains Nakasone's connection to the Hitachi, Mikasa, and Takamado branches.
- Prince Hitachi is president of Japan Art Association which hosts the Prince Takamatsu Memorial World Culture Award. Nakasone was an advisor for the award.
- Nakasone chaired the Japan Rose Society, whose honorary president is Princess Nobuko.
- As Prime Minister from 1982-1987, he was a member of the Imperial Household Council to approve the Takamado marriage in 1984.
- Nakasone's son Hirofumi, a member of the House of Councillors, is on the selection committee of the "Japan Through Diplomats' Eyes" annual photo competition where Princess Hisako is honorary president.
- In April 2013, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attended the "Cherry Blossom Charity Ball" commemorating the 60th anniversary of International Ladies Benevolent Society (ILBS). Nakasone's daughter-in-law Mariko (wife of Hirofumi) is chair of ILBS.
- Grandson Yasutaka Nakasone, a member of the House of Representatives, and Princess Tsuguko are close friends.