Imperial Family of Japan Current Events 2: June 2008 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Michiko as Honorary President of the Japan Red Cross Society and Princess Kiko as Honorary Vice President attended the JRCS annual meeting at Meiji Jingu Shrine Hall in Tokyo today, May 13:

** Pic **

On 13th May, HIM Empress Michiko as the Honorary President of Japanese Red Cross Society attended the annual convention took place in Tokyo. HIH Princess Kiko of Akishino, HIH Princess Hanako of Hitachi, HIH Princess Nobuko of Mikasa and HIH Princess Hisako of Takamado as the Honorary Vice Presidents of Japanese Red Cross Society also attended the convention.
HIH Princess Nobuko attended the convention for the first time since 2001.~
https://scontent-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=69a90502bd7b687a388fe5a7cc49fcea&oe=55D62801
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1439683261_5097d2088693965da2b3951f7eb70602
https://scontent-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=e7778882e79e73db829e00389c282d74&oe=55CB98DB
Família Imperial Japonesa participou na convenção anual da Cruz Vermelha em Tóquio - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko hosted a tea party for the Japan Academy members at the Imperial Palace today, June 1. Crown Prince Naruhito, Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended as well.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko also attended the award ceremony of the Japan Academy Prizes at the Japan Academy in Tokyo.

** gettyimages gallery **

:previous:
Thanks for the photos!
It is nice to see Crown Princess Masako attending the banquet.

I wanted to see more pictures of the gala banquet.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko hosted a tea party for the winners of the Japan Art Academy Awards on June 22 after attending the awards ceremony itself. Several other members of the family attended as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

26 June, 2015

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3158113.html

The above post by karinna87 contains photos and video of Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attending the concert in Peace Flower Music Hall. This concert was devoted to celebrations of Empress Michiko's 80th birthday.

Crown Prince Naruhito Crown Princess Masako, Princess Kiko, Princess Kako and Mrs Kuroda were in attendance.

Last edited:
Concert in honor of the Empress
To mark the 80th anniversary of the Empress Michiko, a concert was held in a hall of the imperial palace for this purpose on June 26 The imperial couple was also present, as are the heirs of Princess Kako and his daughter Princess Kiko, the Princess Nobuko, Princess Hanako, the Princess Hisako and her daughter Tsuguko Princess Sayako and Kuroda (daughter of the imperial couple) .
Monarchies en Asie et au Pacifique: Concert en l'honneur de l'impératrice
Concerto em homenagem à Imperatriz do Japão que faz 80 anos - Blog_Real - O Blog das Monarquias

What wonderful for herself and for her husband to be there.

It is nice to see the Imperial family undertaking their usual duties and Crown Princess Masako attending the event. On a different note, Crown Princess Masako's hat looks awkward to me.

:previous: I think that she's wearing her hat too low on her forehead. It gives the impression of it being too big for her. That said, it's wonderful that she was able to make an appearance at this garden party; and it's even better that she was able to stay and make conversation with people. :flowers:

(..)

Emperor Akihito at 82.

Video in the article:
Emperor Akihito turns 82 - News - NHK WORLD - English
Japan's Emperor Akihito turned 82 years old on Wednesday. Tens of thousands of people visited the Imperial Palace in Tokyo to celebrate his birthday.

About 3,900 visitors entered the palace compound when the gates opened at 9:30 AM, local time.

The Emperor appeared on the palace balcony 3 times before noon and waved at well-wishers.

He was accompanied by Empress Michiko; Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako; and Prince and Princess Akishino and their daughters, Princesses Mako and Kako.

The Emperor gave an address and expressed sympathy for the many people affected by heavy rain and other disasters this year.
He noted that yesterday was the winter solstice, and that the days will gradually grow longer from now on. He said he hopes the coming year will be a bright one for everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApn93Go_xY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj5E03gQDyE

It was really good to see Crown Princess Masako in the video, she looked amazing in that color. That is new for her and good to see something different on her, not sure about the shape of her hat though, something off there but the color is a keeper.

:previous: Thanks for the link. It seems that the Imperial family was pretty complete this year, apart from CP Masako of course, who was pictured on the arrival but as usual didn't take part in the actual Reception.

Emperor hopes for reconstruction in Tohoku 5 years after disaster | Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion
TOKYO —
Emperor Akihito on Friday expressed his hope for the reconstruction of disaster-hit northeastern Japan as this year marks the fifth anniversary of the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

“It pains me to think that there are still people who cannot return to the places they used to live and those who must endure the hardships of living in temporary housing,” the emperor said in his New Year’s message.

:previous: Thanks for the link. It seems that the Imperial family was pretty complete this year, apart from CP Masako of course, who was pictured on the arrival but as usual didn't take part in the actual Reception.

Have asked on the Blog i linked to and got as answer thar there are a number of receptions with for Example former members of the Imperial Family and more. But we never get pics of them. So it is possible that CP Masako attends them but not the public Ceremony. Btw. a great broosh the Empress was wearing.

:previous:

I always get the impression when I see this time of year when the royal family gets together that the way it is done is sad to me. The women all look the same, the same style of dress, (varies little), the same way they hold their hands and gloves, the same jewels, (varies little), the same smile, the same make-up and they remind me of robots or the Stepford wives. I do understand the way of life for them, yet how controlling and suffocating it must be for the family. No amount of money is worth it if you have to live like that.

Have asked on the Blog i linked to and got as answer thar there are a number of receptions with for Example former members of the Imperial Family and more. But we never get pics of them. So it is possible that CP Masako attends them but not the public Ceremony. Btw. a great broosh the Empress was wearing.
Princess Masako hasn't attended the public part of this ceremony for years, but she always is picured in full formal attire on their arrival at the palace. So it was kind of obvious that there would be some private event as well, as it wouldn't make self to don your best jewels for nothing.

I didn't know that also some former members of the family attend some of the ceremonies as well. That's nice to know. I imagine that eg. the former Princess Sayaka is among them. It would be nice to see more pictures from the arrivals of the former members, but I guess that the IHA strictly controls that. I assume that they only intend CP Masako to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom