The Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion Part 1: September 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 1 of the thread for the Princess of Wales's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
It's a lovely dress, and suits the situation beautifully.

That's her usual style, wouldn't be surprised if it's a black version of some other dress she had and prepared as a mourning dress in case of need.

Did she lighten her hair color? It's very flattering, ditto the layered trim.

Perfect outfit for the occasion as usual.

Did she lighten her hair color? It's very flattering, ditto the layered trim.

I think so. I looked at pictures from the jubilee, and it looks lighter now.

Catherine looked lovely and appropriate.

It's end of summer... So, my guess would be that it is lighter because of spending time in the sun not necessarily because she colours her hair.

Very elegant and dignified and the accompanying jewels too!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least no oversized bow. The brooch is too big for my taste and I am not a fan of those nets on hats.
Could have been worse, could have been more dignified. But thats only my two cents.

I think it's too big, especially on her coat as well (I never like it though). The hat seems to be a black version of the white open topped hat she wore in Anzac Day last year with black netting.

Kates hair would have been better up, more mature look. The hat is not fitting well and the veil is not the best. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
A number of off-topic posts and comments have been removed.

I think it is all perfect. I imagine her hair will be up for the funeral. Love the large brooch. Just wonder why none of the ladies wore gloves!

That's her usual style, wouldn't be surprised if it's a black version of some other dress she had and prepared as a mourning dress in case of need.

You are probably correct, all the royal ladies will have a wardrobe of mourning clothes ready for when needed.
It is not just one dress for one day,

The Princess of Wales visiting Sandringham today, September 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
This is my favorite mourning look from her so far. The military style coat and the hat and handbag are perfect. Just wish she’d added a brooch.

The coat is from Remembrance Day certain year ago I think. Not a fans of this, it screams cosplaying (well "military style outfit for military events" isn't to my taste). The "epaulettes" stuff on shoulders are a bit fancy and over-the-top. At least it got rid of the fringes on shoulder and it looks a bit better. She looks good with such length though. The hat which she wore in Remembrance Day is a better option with this coat, but this one is lovely as well, love her side bun.

I don't like the military style outfits either. Her hair, makeup and hat are exquisite. I also long for a brooch.

This is my favorite mourning look from her so far. The military style coat and the hat and handbag are perfect. Just wish she’d added a brooch.

Style perfect for this occasion plus keeping with the sombre decorum of this week. Like the Mother of Pearl buttons also. Throw back to 1940/50 after war time. She looks neat and proper. JMO

The Princess of Wales during an audience with Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska today:

** Pic **

The Princess of Wales visiting Sandringham today, September 15:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I only like the coat.

I don't like the high neckline but the rest of the outfit is beautiful.

The Princess of Wales at a reception today, September 17:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

The Princess of Wales during an audience with Ukraine's First Lady Olena Zelenska today:

** Pic **

I dislike both outfits.

I only like the coat.

I don't like the high neckline but the rest of the outfit is beautiful.

I dislike both outfits.

I'm honestly genuinely curious- how does one find so much to dislike over what are essentially plain black mourning clothes? I mean, I'd say for all the outfits this week that they were appropriate to the occasion and that's about all there is to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom