The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are we assuming Meghan wore her black Aquazzura heels? The ones she wore looked blue to me.

I think she could make it work but not with that Givenchy outfit, particularly not with that neckline and button right near the top. Most I could see is perhaps a brooch or larger earrings. But I've really come to appreciate how beautiful she still looks with her minimalist style and taste in jewellery.
They are blue. I think she must have several pairs in both black and blue.

http://meghansmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Meghan-Markle-Kate-Middleton-Rememberance-3.jpg

That's actually a smart move to make and its one I make often. If you really like something, you get it in several colors. Same with shoes. I've been known to buy more than one pair of moccasins at a time because I love the way they fit and feel on my feet. The item lasts longer this way too.

Love the dress, love that photo. I like Meghan in white.

I haven't decided if I like it or not. LOL I guess it's okay, it's just pretty blah, although I do like the shoulder detail and belt.

LaRae

Lovely dress. The belt and shoulder detail make it interesting imo.

It is a nice basic dress, very much in Meghan’s normal style. I think everyone wore clothing typical for themselves for the photos—one of the several reasons they turned out so well.

A guess for DoS's Festival of Remembrance dress.

MeghansFashion.com

@MeghansFashion
Following Following @MeghansFashion
More
Here's a wildcard possibility for #DuchessMeghan's LBD! One of my reader's suggested the M&S Collection bodycon dress! It looks like a match, but even if it's not the dress, for only £49.50 it makes a great #MimicMeghan option > Double Crepe Bodycon Dress

A guess for DoS's Festival of Remembrance dress.

MeghansFashion.com

@meghansfashion
Following Following @meghansfashion
More
Here's a wildcard possibility for #DuchessMeghan's LBD! One of my reader's suggested the M&S Collection bodycon dress! It looks like a match, but even if it's not the dress, for only £49.50 it makes a great #MimicMeghan option > Double Crepe Bodycon Dress

This would make sense. I don't think that she would spend a lot on maternity wear that she would only wear a few times before they no longer fit. MnS would be a good maternity option for her. I also love the red version of this dress, and would hope to see her in it for the Royal Variety show.

I saw a pic from Harry's side looking across and you could see the off shoulder part...but I thought it had a ruffled edge hmmm

LaRae

I couldn't tell ..black/purple or navy....just a darker color.

LaRae

Glad that we have an identification on the dress and that Meghan wisely selected one with a full skirt to accommodate the growing baby.?

So there's no indication of what Meghan wore to Prince Charles 70th birthday bash. We only know what earrings she wore as they were visible in the photos taken of the Sussexes driving into Buckingham Palace.

In only one of the photos (posted on What Kate Wore site), there is a slight glimpse of Meghan's bare right shoulder against the seamed leather car seat. That would indicate what she wore was off-the-shoulder. Kate's dress is more visibly a pink one-off-shoulder style dress, which is suspected to be bespoke. For Meghan, she likely wore something black.

At last year's BP Christmas party, fashion mavens were able to detect the design/ designer of Meghan's dress because the top was visible through the car window.

I think the family photo taken during the summer is lovely, and Meghan looks comfortable and happy in her white dress. That's the occasion when filming of the documentary, Son & Heir must have been taking place, because the photo of Prince Charles with Kate & Louis that appears in the documentary is from this same occasion (with Kate in the navy dress with white polk-dots).

Meghan's black dress for the Royal Foundation dinner is pretty:
Mad About Meghan
Kate wore red that evening. So Kate is mixing it up more with bright colors than Meghan does.

At the Tuesday Africa Parks private dinner, photos have emerged of the black gown Meghan wore:
https://www.elle.com/culture/celebr...lack-dress-prince-harry-african-parks-dinner/ Scroll down for photo

The photo (probably secretly taken by a guest) was posted on the First Duchess of Sussex Instagram account, which is worth checking out:
https://www.instagram.com/firstduchessofsussex/?utm_source=ig_embed

So Meghan likely wore back-to-back-to-back black 3 nights in a row, unless the dress for Prince Charles' party was dark purple or navy, and we'll never know. Just like we don't know what Meghan wore to Pippa's reception, though the color is speculated to have been Meghan's go-to black.

Meanwhile, here's another photo retrospective of what Meghan wore during the South Pacific tour:
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2018/10/meghan-markle-pacific-tour-looks

Last edited:
With Meghan, I get the distinct feeling that she's dressing more to blend into the event that she's at rather than stand out. Its almost as if she doesn't want her clothing choices to be a prime focus. This tells me that she's a woman comfortable in her own skin and doesn't need page after page centered on her fashion sense, her mannerisms or her demeanor. She's more in line of putting her focus on what she's trying to do than to dress to make the front pages.

We may like or dislike what she's wearing on a certain day but that's our own personal tastes being reflected. Her fashions do not in any way reflect on the job she's doing or how she goes about her life day to day. Its those aspects that I think Meghan, herself, is more concerned with. ?

I agree (especially with the highlighted comments), except I wouldn't describe it necessarily as Meghan wanting to 'blend-in.' It just seems as if Duchess Meghan is cognizant of wanting to just be part of the family and to feel comfortable with what she wears and to look good, not 'blend-in,' but more like 'fit-in.' And at this point, Meghan is looking like she's completely comfortable and more than just fitting-in, she's fully part of the family. She's never wanted to stand out in a Hollywood actress-type way, but there was never any danger of that happening, because that was never her personality even when she was a Hollywood actress.

Part of how Meghan is dressing truthfully is her own particular style (laid-back, understated). But early on, after the wedding Meghan seemed to be cautious in trying to be conservative and 'fitting-in' re her new position, while trying to maintain her own style. I think she is seeming more relaxed now sartorially than she was right after the silly critiques of her pink Carolina Herrera dress at TTC.

And yes, as I mentioned from the beginning, when we first saw Meghan attend local events with Harry earlier this year, she seemed intent on putting the focus on the people and community projects they were visiting. Also, the royal ladies coordinate colors at events where they will all appear together. It's clear that black and navy are Meghan's go-to colors, along with white and various other shades of blue and green. I think Meghan looks great in red or plum and burgundy, but she seems to go more for black quite often, and we've seen lots of green and navy.

I wonder whether Meghan's initial caution and low-key sartorial choices going forward from the beginning of this year, had anything to do with the OTT complaints when she was pictured in the Ralph & Russo gown for the engagement photos last December? I think Meghan was having fanciful fun in the R&R gown. I do not think that choice was an indication of how she was going to be dressing after marriage, necessarily. But the OTT reaction and snipes about the cost (which she either paid for or the gown was borrowed), may have played a role in how Meghan went forward with her clothing choices pre and post wedding. The media and royal observers often make too much of any and every thing. And this is why we won't be alerted to certain events or find out what Meghan wore, until after the fact, and only if secret photos emerge.

In general, the reaction from the royals to the ridiculous OTT noise and speculative stories from the media is going to be to pull back. In particular, Wm & Harry are intent on protecting their families' privacy. Harry would probably be incensed if photos ever emerged of Meghan going on a shopping trip to a general store (as happened to Kate during her pregnancy, when someone secretly snapped a pic of lovely Kate shopping at England's version of a Walmart, in a blue coat and casual wear).

Last edited:
Charles party dress the black we see us Harrys coat. What tiny trace of the dress we see looks very light purple.

I like this newest dress. Quite pretty :flowers:

Charles party dress the black we see us Harrys coat. What tiny trace of the dress we see looks very light purple.

I like this newest dress. Quite pretty :flowers:

I don't see purple in any of the photos. It would be nice if Meghan had worn light purple though, which is a regal color for a princely birthday party. Camilla wore a deep rich dark royal blue gown.

The photos I have seen show one bare shoulder of Meghan's against the dark seamed leather of the car seat. I suppose the royals will continue to keep everything as close to the vest as possible for private events and family celebrations. The family photos from this summer showing Charles with Camilla, his two sons, their wives and his grandchildren are quite lovely and unexpected, but obviously meant to celebrate the occasion of his 70th birthday.

As I said, every time we see Meghan, she seems more and more comfortable and fully a part of the family, as well as fairly unconcerned about what she's wearing, because it's all taken care of. IOW, she's been through the process of putting her wardrobe together and gotten past those beginning hurdles. I doubt she reads or cares about what the tabloid media thinks or has to say. She's content in her pregnancy and in her married life and in the fulfilling work she's doing. We could see that sense of happiness and fulfillment she shares with Harry, on the South Pacific tour.

One more thing about the darker colors, it does make people take someone more seriously. Even if just on the subconscious level. There is a reason why it’s recommended to wear black or navy suit/outfit for an interview (unless you are in the creative market). I think Meghan is more than aware of the biases people have against her simply because she was an actress without ever considering her as a person. In fact, I would venture to say that as an actress, she would’ve experienced people not taking her seriously because she has a pretty face and what she does when she first took on some serious issues. I don’t think appearing more business like is a bad thing if you really want to take on serious issues.

Last edited:
She's worn several designs by Mouret.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom