The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2018, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

The peplum top was a wonderful color, and I liked the style on Meghan. She looked great.

The green dress was absolutely dreadful, shapeless, unflattering, dead color, and although I usually like a halter neckline, this one was busy and unappealing. Ewww.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

my thoughts exactly

Old 10-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

Loved the burgundy peplum top.

The green dress was okay.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Majesty

I hated that awful green colour on Meghan last night. I'd have preferred even boring navy to that. The shape was OK. Her shoes, hair and speech were great though. Ditto her makeup, and good on her for wearing a poppy.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Courtier

I liked the green dress, especially the halter neckline but I do wish it were in a different color. Those heels are everything though. Best part of the ensemble.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The peplum top is cute but the green dress is a sack of nothing. Shapeless, blah and not meant to be seen on a big stage.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Confused why a bright color would be an absolute must

It was an evening event and a darker color is certainly appropriate. I like the color

I like the dress but not for the event. It is totally wrong for an evening closing ceremonies. It looks more like something you'd wear to the office (okay not the halter top but the rest). Just a miss for this event.

She has had only two total fails this tour. And this miss for me.

Do like she brought out another British designer. And again a lesser known.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Additional pictures:

https://www.therealmyroyals.com/upda...tralia-day-12/

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Majesty

I have to say some of Meghan’s high heels look ridiculous. Again in some videos she appears to have a difficult time walking.

She’s clearly trying to boost her height next to Harry but it comes across as majorly awkward imo.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Uhh, I don't think that's the case at all and I have yet to see where she looks to have a difficult time walking.

As for the green dress, the color really is the only issue I have with it. The shape is fine to me (not every dress needs to be fitted or cinched) and the halter neckline gives it enough of an edge for the occasion.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah I don't see the issue in her walking either. And those shoes are to die for.

Not a fan of the green dress. It is a miss for me. I didn't hate it but meh.

Also that speech? So good. Glad she doing more public speaking because she is great at it.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

It's funny how people react so differently to fashion!

I really like the Antonio Berardi dress. It's a color I really like anyway, it is subtly a nod to the military and the backless halter style gives it an evening vibe.
As far as being shapeless-only through her torso which was being squished in some of the more fitted dresses she's worn. I find it perfect for early pregnancy.

It is the shoes I dislike--the huge cuff around her ankle is clunky and distracting.

Her hair is a miss for me-I think I don't like the middle part with this hairdo, but maybe it's the tendrils that are too lank or large. I loved her hair for the basketball finals.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Royal Highness

I find it amusing that since some people can't criticize Meghan for NOT wearing English and local designers on this tour...Have to find something else to nitpick about.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

I really like her hair away from her faces with out strands falling around her faces . It’s a good look for .
Old 10-27-2018, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

She should wear shoes like that more often, they hide her ankles.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I don’t understand the hate for the dress. Not my favorite, but not terrible either. I can understand why she’d go this waist. I’m sure baby Sussex appreciates it too.

Now the SHOES! It kills me when she wears this type of shoes because I love it on her so much, but know I can never pull it off. Especially with a below the knee dress. I see nothing wrong with the way she walks in high heels. She walks the way she walks. Seems normal to me and my almost two decades love affair with high heels.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Courtier

The colour of the dress is 'khaki green', absolutely appropriate for the occasion, a lovely tribute to the Australian Army.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

You know..now I think about it....what an inspired choice!

Still didn't like the colour but I now understand why it was chosen.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don’t understand the hate for the dress. Not my favorite, but not terrible either. I can understand why she’d go this waist. I’m sure baby Sussex appreciates it too.

Now the SHOES! It kills me when she wears this type of shoes because I love it on her so much, but know I can never pull it off. Especially with a below the knee dress. I see nothing wrong with the way she walks in high heels. She walks the way she walks. Seems normal to me and my almost two decades love affair with high heels.
The shoes are awful and no one who is short should wear a shoe that cuts her at her ankle. That being said, she is pregnant and she should wear more sensible shoes to begin with. A fall from a really high heel is silly. Lovely outfits.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Courtier

She should wear whatever shoes she's comfortable with and these particular heels are hot! She wore them again today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqjW0z0XQAAJI2Q?format=jpg

I really like what I can see of the dress as well.