The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, according to Mad about Meghan she is wearing her love bracelet, the Cartier bracelet (Harrys inheritance from Diana), Birks topaz earrings, Pippa Small aquamarine pendant necklace plus her wedding rings.

LaRae
Harry did not get the Cartier bracelent as an inheritance from his mother, all the jewellery was split between William and Harry themselves as other than saying it was left for their wives, none of it was specified as to which son would get what just as the "keepsakes" the boys chose before they went into the vault, they swapped them when William became engaged.

:previous:

Yes indeed, the phrasing in many popular articles is often misleading or inexact, which can sometimes lead to confusion or misunderstanding. Diana's jewelry was left to both brothers, without specification. So, they worked it all out between each other over the years regarding the pieces they were personally fond of. Once they each married, particular keepsakes were then passed onto their wives, as they both individually and mutually agreed upon, with some switches happening at the time of William's engagement to Catherine.

Yes I also noticed Meghan's great posture and graceful walk from the beginning. It's great that she can walk in such high heels. I've never been able to, especially when pregnant. Now if she can be persuaded into some more outfits of ice blue, yellow, red or orange that would be perfect!

LOL, yes, there was a point where I got really tired of seeing Meghan in black and navy! Still, I've come to recognize and accept that Meghan very much dresses for herself and for the occasion every time. Her style and color choices won't please everybody all of the time. She is very much attuned to her own body and to her own preferences, which is the epitome of what having style is all about!

Certainly, Meghan doesn't always get what she wears perfectly right to a T, but I don't think that's her aim to begin with. For Meghan, the journey, the process and the exploration of fashion, fabrics, design, color, and deeper meanings are all part of the challenge and the reward. She's as interested in a designer's values and ideals, as much as she is concerned with matching her clothing choices with the occasion, her body structure, and her lifestyle needs.

I gained this insight in part from Meghan's comments during her famous appearance at the British Fashion Awards in 2018. She presented 'Designer of the Year' trophy to her wedding dress designer, Claire Waight Keller. As Meghan said in presenting the award:
"We have a deep connection to what we wear. Sometimes it's very personal and sometimes it's emotional. But for me this connection is rooted in really being able to understand that [what we wear is] about supporting and empowering each other, especially as women. When we choose to wear a certain designer, [our choice is] not just a reflection of their creativity and their vision, it's also a reflection of their values -- of something that is 'in the fabric', so to speak, that is much more meaningful."

There's a ton of evidence on all the Meghan fashion-related blogs and among fashion industry cognoscenti regarding the fact that everything Meghan wears tends to sell well or to sell out quickly. And there continues to be demand for certain past clothing items and accessories she has worn. Meghan is definitely an inspiring role model for many fashionistas and for those who are interested in improving their personal style and their wardrobe.

There are reports that the Armani dress with the lotus flower has sold out. And other sites have also picked up on the meaning and significance of the lotus flower, coupled with the jewelry:

https://thevalleynewspaper.com/meghan-markles-outfit-for-oprahs-interview-has-a-symbolic-meaning/

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex in a print dress on a new family photo released today:

** Pic **

Meghan doesn't normally wear a lot of prints. She tends toward monochrome choices with basic shades in her color palette that look good on her skin tone. But sometimes she experiments outside of that go-to approach. What I love most about Meghan is her easy, casual, yet elegant style sense which, as she said, evolved as her lifestyle changed with her success on Suits. On that tv series, Meghan had the chance to meet and get to know top designers, which added sophistication to her style aesthetic. Suits was known for great outfits and fashion for the cast.

Since this latest by Misan Harriman is another black & white photo, we don't get to see the color in the photo. Thanks for the link to the original dress, Countessmeout. So it is not a colorful pint. It is a muted brown and white print. When she wears prints, Meghan is usually careful about the pattern and colors. She has worn flower prints in the past, but not too often. This looks good on her, especially being pregnant. And it fits with her muted color scheme.

Always pleased to see Meghan wearing colours and the poppy print shirt dress looks spring-like and very pretty. Her hair and makeup looks fantastic as well.

Lovely Summery look.

Its a nice dress with a nice color, first I thought it was from Marimekko, they have similar flower patterns.

Back
Top Bottom