The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the burgundy dress with sandals. The black Jason we dress is very cute but do not like the darts on the outside of the dress. A gratuitous trick. All the black, with the exception of the Anzac dress is boring and btw, not her best color. It doesn’t look well on most women. She is getting there

Love the burgundy dress with sandals. The black Jason we dress is very cute but do not like the darts on the outside of the dress. A gratuitous trick. All the black, with the exception of the Anzac dress is boring and btw, not her best color. It doesn’t look well on most women. She is getting there

I actually think it works great with her skin tone. Black works well with warmer skin tones. My skin looks like ash when I wear black.

Cute burgundy dress! I am so pleased that Meghan isn't afraid to wear flats!

Womens Wear Daily (WWD) has a slideshow with Duchess Meghan's pregnancy attire throughout the tour so far:
https://wwd.com/eye/people/gallery/meghan-markle-style-duchess-sussex-maternity-photos-1202879349/

Her footwear on tour:
https://footwearnews.com/2018/fashi...fits-shoes-j-crew-stuart-weitzman-1202696634/

Another more extensive sartorial arc slideshow, this one from Town and Country:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/g3272/meghan-markle-preppy-style/?slide=1

This Roland Mouret dark red dress with black band bodice from the above slideshow gives another indication that Meghan has previously included red among her sartorial color palette:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/fashion-trends/g3272/meghan-markle-preppy-style/?slide=66 I love the dress and the shoes on Meghan

About Meghan's impact on the fashion industry, designers and retailers via her sartorial choices:
https://wwd.com/eye/people/markles-mark-meghan-markle-boosts-small-brands-1202643215/

The dress is from Reformation. And guess what happened when I tried to order it just now?:bang:

You got the "no polka dot dress for you" message? At least now if my failing eyes are seeing spots, it'll be good spots to be seeing. :eek:

:previous: The white and gray sundress is from Reformation. The lovely red and white polka dot dress is from & Other Stories. Both are likely sold out and websites crashed. Meghan Effect.

The red waist knot midi polka dot dress from & Other Stories is only $129, but it's out of stock, unsurprisingly.
https://www.stories.com/en_usd/clot...&ranSiteID=QFGLnEolOWg-9BTS18YAv8E_cm6J7LH6ow

Here's the Reformation website:
https://www.thereformation.com/search?q=Pineapple dress

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...markle-dresses-casually-day-seven-royal-tour/

Last edited:
Yes, in certain pictures you can see the cape part of the dress. I too questioned the identification from the first photos, because for sure the coat draped over her shoulders had sleeves!
It does have sleeves and wearing it cape style is the only way it would go over her dress. The coat is fine wool which is very lightweight but very warm.
True. We know that she likes neutral colors and no prints, but I have a feeling we will see some bright color for her Fiji and Tonga visits. I just can't picture her being in black among Tonga ladies with floral dresses and traditional dance.

Somehow she reminds me of Angelina Jolie who is famous for wearing mostly black clothes, and beige from time to time.

You got the "no polka dot dress for you" message? At least now if my failing eyes are seeing spots, it'll be good spots to be seeing. :eek:

Ha! It wasn’t the polka dot dress I was trying to order, but it didn’t matter! I went there within minutes of ID of the dress being posted by the blogs, and it was gone. Literally minutes.

A more close-up look of the polka dot dress.

Looks really cute.

Finally a bit of colour and a lovely style.

The reformation jumpsuit has a thigh high split on the side, DM has a picture of Meghan squatting to talk to a child and you can see the split. It’s really nice daring piece though.

The grey and white striped sun dress looks like linen, which I'm sure is very cool and comfy in the heat, but it is very translucent in some of the photos, and the slit up the side is a long one. It looks good on her, but I'm not sure it was the best choice for a public event. I like her sandals, and whoever is doing her hair should be put on a permanent retainer because it looks great--very soft, full and flattering.

Finally a bit of colour and a lovely style.

The reformation jumpsuit has a thigh high split on the side, DM has a picture of Meghan squatting to talk to a child and you can see the split. It’s really nice daring piece though.

Yes. Both outfits are very nice. And it’s nice to see some different colors/patterns.

The split on the side makes it a bit more interesting imo.

The grey and white striped sun dress looks like linen, which I'm sure is very cool and comfy in the heat, but it is very translucent in some of the photos, and the slit up the side is a long one. It looks good on her, but I'm not sure it was the best choice for a public event. I like her sandals, and whoever is doing her hair should be put on a permanent retainer because it looks great--very soft, full and flattering.

This outfit really seems to suit the location. It looks perfect for the weather.

It is a long slit, but it doesn’t come across- to me- as inappropriate. She’s not the first British royal to wear a dress with a slit up the side anyway. I like the sandals too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The polka dot us lovely, simple summer dress. Love the dark burgundy. :flowers:

Not as crazy about striped dress but still nice. Sout makes it easier to kneel down.

Happy she opted for some flats.

I like the Wu dress except a little about the texture around the neck.

Reformation second grand this your that uses sustainable products and focusses on the environment. Her sneakers were the first.

the reformation dress/jumpsuit in white and grey was way too revealing for a royal. bare shoulders, skinny straps and had the slit been any higher we would have seen meghan's underwear. okay for a hollywood star, but not appropriate for a royal if you ask me. but happy claps she is wearing a bright colour this time.

:previous: Not the first time we've seen royal bare shoulders, skinny straps, or a high slit. And yes, had it been any higher, it'd be inappropriate, but it wasn't any higher.

the reformation dress/jumpsuit in white and grey was way too revealing for a royal. bare shoulders, skinny straps and had the slit been any higher we would have seen meghan's underwear. okay for a hollywood star, but not appropriate for a royal if you ask me. but happy claps she is wearing a bright colour this time.

Maybe the slit but bare shoulders :ohmy: Certainly not the first royal lady to wear straps to an official event. Heck even Kate has worn off the shoulder. It's a summer event.

Meghan seems held to different standards. Kate or any other royal lady does it, fine. Meghan wears it, she is too Hollywood :bang:

I find her [or rather her] stylist's choices utterly tedious and without interest...

Love that burgundy polka dot dress! Lovely.

Personally not a fans of that dress (white and grey vertical stripe always remind me patient clothing :bang:) However bare shoulders, skinny straps and even high slit are quite normal among royals I would say. Appropriate but not my cup of tea.

Glad the DoS ignores the noise and dresses the way SHE chooses to. The burgundy dress is fantastic in its simplicity and color. The grey/white dress is very much Meghan's style.

I find her [or rather her] stylist's choices utterly tedious and without interest...
I am afraid I agree. I can’t wait for her to have a new stylist. This sundress is too similar to the other sundress and the black pants and white jacket ensembles also too similar to each other. Her hairdresser has done a super job, however, different styles, all flattering except the opening games look. There is a fine line between casual and bedraggled, and that hairdo crossed it

Maybe the slit but bare shoulders :ohmy: Certainly not the first royal lady to wear straps to an official event. Heck even Kate has worn off the shoulder. It's a summer event.

Meghan seems held to different standards. Kate or any other royal lady does it, fine. Meghan wears it, she is too Hollywood :bang:

Catherine has also worn dresses with slits up the side. IA- as it is a summer event, it makes sense to dress in a more casual, laid back manner- which includes outfits with skinny straps.

I don’t see anything Hollywood about Meghan’s look. It just looks....relaxed to me. At most I might say California casual, but I do not mean Hollywood when I say that.

Her hairdresser has done a super job, however, different styles, all flattering except the opening games look. There is a fine line between casual and bedraggled, and that hairdo crossed it

I actually don't think that's George's fault. It looked to be the same as her other updo with tendril for more formal events. Unfortunately, the timing of their arrival was about when that torrential downpour started. It seemed to be more from moisture than anything else.

:previous:I don’t know if she had to walk in the rain, or the storm was a big surprise but a good hairdress will take account of the weather and adjust accordingly with styling and products. In any case her has has been appropriate, different and interesting and nicely executed on this tour

LOVED the red polka dot dress!

Hated the stripped dress she wore for the walkabout. It looked cheaply made and just not appropriate for the event IMO. But she looks beautiful overall. Much better rested than she looked a day or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom