The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Sussex tonight at the Mountbatten Festival of Music in Royal Albert Hall.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESh2Wg-WAAACrRn?format=jpg&name=large

Wearing the 'Kalika' Long dress by Safiyaa

Beat me to it by a minute eya. :lol:

Stunning style of dress, and I would adore the choice in colour, if she wasn't surrounded by red. Unfortunately as Henry's uniform is red and he's joined by others in the Royal Marines who are also wearing their uniforms.

I personally would have appreciated either some different coloured accessories, or a different coloured dress and red accessories, as the outfit as a whole in red is too much.

Hair needs to be tied back for a dress with a statement neck piece/cape like this. It's something Meghan does regularly unfortunately.

This is the dress on the model, with their hair tied back. Meghan with her hair down also completely hides the train on the dress: https://www.safiyaa.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/kalika-long-dress

Last edited:
WOW! Stunning! What a fabulous outfit & don't they look wonderful together!

WOW! Stunning! What a fabulous outfit & don't they look wonderful together!

I agree, great outfit, and they look great together.

This is a beautiful, beautiful gown, and a gorgeous color. "Stunning" is the correct word in this case; Meghan looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Talk about going out with a bang!

She looks STUNNING!

She certainly 'looks the part'..

Lovely gown !

Knockouts, both of them. Their color coordination is spot on. Meghan is gorgeous!

WOW! She looks dazzling.

Red was definitely not a right colour for this outing. The dress itself is very nice, though I don't care for Safiyaa's minimalistic designs. What's weird is this is the second dress lately that is crumpling in the waist area - something is not working once again...

Stunning style of dress, and I would adore the choice in colour, if she wasn't surrounded by red. Unfortunately as Henry's uniform is red and he's joined by others in the Royal Marines who are also wearing their uniforms.

I personally would have appreciated either some different coloured accessories, or a different coloured dress and red accessories, as the outfit as a whole in red is too much.

Hair needs to be tied back for a dress with a statement neck piece/cape like this. It's something Meghan does regularly unfortunately.

This is the dress on the model, with their hair tied back. Meghan with her hair down also completely hides the train on the dress: https://www.safiyaa.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/kalika-long-dress

Great choice by Meghan (it's interesting how she turned to colors these days); although I agree that a different hair style would have worked better.

A stunning look. Such a shame that there won’t be many more opportunities to see her at engagements such as this.

Like others here I think Meghan looks absolutely stunning. Love her in colour not muted tones. Harry looks fabulous too. They present so well together, I'm really enjoying it!

Great style of dress for Meghan tonight and I especially like the cape feature. I agree that the red is a bit lost in the scarlet sea tonight, but IMO it was the right color choice for the event. Would have liked a dressier hairstyle for an event that requires a long dress, perhaps a low bun?

The gown is stunning and she looks gorgeous in it.

I do wish for updo to show off the cape but still amazing.

Think this was perfect event for such an amazing color. Stunning color but not too flashy and look at me in sea of crimson. Making a statement without being too in your face. Love the colours both evening events back.

Thought it looked similar to another gown and I was right. It’s by the same designer as her beautiful blue cape gown she wore.

Safiyaa which is London based

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalt...afiyaa-red-gown-mountbatten-festival-of-music

Gown- London based Safiyaa
Earrings- Irish born London based Simone Rocha
Shoes- her go to English designer Aquazurra
Purse- Manolo blahniks. Spanish designer but English based

Last edited:
Love it and I love the addition of the dark red earrings. It gives it much needed depth.

So gorgeous ! So happy to see them, I really hope we will see them again a lot in the future.

I think my favorite part of her outfit is the red shoes. They look fabulous.

I like the red color of her dress. Not a huge fan of the cape; it looks a bit awkward to me.

Not a fan of her hair. An up do or even a side part would have been better imo. But her hair is often a bit severe to me- between the middle parts and her tendency to pull her hair back so hard.

Personally I like the way Meghan looks in this dress much more than the way the model's hair is styled in the above link you provided. For me, the way Meghan's hair is styled enhances the gown she is wearing!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qqoEnPAf...hwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/meghan+markle+red+gown.jpg

Meghan wore her hair down when she wore the similar turquoise or Fijian blue Safiyaa cape gown in Fiji:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wk4tQx55...oP_Z4wCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/meghan+blue+gown22.jpg

The blue gown had a looser fit, as Meghan was pregnant. But Meghan looks absolutely stunning in both gowns. IMO, Meghan really knows what works for her, and she sticks to what works for her. She has a savvy ability to dress her own body and she generally looks great for every occasion, melding her own signature fashion sense with what each event requires.

Last edited:
Meghan looked very nice in the red gown. I just don't like the cape thing. It just looks weird. Several others have worn something similar and it just doesn't work for me. I am not sure the red was the best color choice just because there was already so much red from the uniforms. A better choice might have been to wear the red version of the VB dress to the Endeavor Awards and have this one made in a blue. I don't like her earrings. I wish she had worn the earrings from her evening wedding reception. The hairstyle from that event would have been better too.

For me, Meghan's sartorial choices are quite lovely and spectacular. Moreover, she's just glowing! She looks relaxed and happy. She knows what works on her body. ? She wears the clothes, the clothes do not wear her.

What works for Meghan, obviously does not work for everyone. The key is understanding your own body and your own preferences in order to look your best.

Simply stunning. Gorgeous cape gown and color.

I am so happy she found her way back stylewise. I think she really struggled with finding her "duchess style" and the pregnant style and I am happy she went back to just Meghan wearing stuff she likes. Also LOVE how all her outings so far have included British/Commonwealth brands :D

Anyway, cannot wait to follow her style now that she is free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom