The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is fab. Looking very very good i must say.

The Duchess looked lovely,really nice shade of blue and slick neat hairstyle,just hope Meghan wasn't too cold!

Lovely color on her. Love the makeup.

Very interesting that Megs has actually chosen a British designer! I wonder if she is making amends with the British public or Victoria Beckham?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10719371/harry-meghan-david-victoria-beckham-row/

Victoria beckham is one of many British labels she has worn since entering the family.

The color is fantastic. She looks sleek and elegant.

I think it’s a good choice not to add a necklace. Long less formal one would have made it look too day time. And big jewels don’t suit her or the event. This is a dress that how you accessorize it could be good day or evening.

I think Meghan looks fantastic. She seems to have lost a bit of weight so probably felt confident in a more figure-hugging dress. That torquoise blue colour really zings, and the hair and makeup and the accessories are great too. Can't fault her on this occasion, really.

Fabulous color for her, would of loved to see a bling earring but not her usual style.

LaRae

She looks very beautifully indeed. Simply glowing and radiant.

The color is fabulous on her!

I think the dress was too fitted. In some video I saw on twitter her panty line is clearly visible. Or maybe it’s a choice of wrong inners

What a wonderful sight ! Impeccable, beautiful !!!! I love her dress !

Stunning color on Megan for tonight's Endeavor awards. She's obviously lost quite a bit of weight since Archie was born, but this dress is a bit tight. Would have liked to have seen a necklace for the outfit but that's my only quibble.

Last edited:
I like the colour of the dress and that’s about it. I personally don’t think it was appropriate for an awards ceremony, but there has never been a set dress code for this event. Her slicked back hair is just horrid and I really wish she would avoid it because it pulls her face in directions it doesn’t want to go.

Her makeup for me is a little too heavy, particularly when you can see the shine in some photos but I appreciate the flash of lights and the time of night.

That's a lovely color on her! Would be nice to have a necklace or brooch but that's probably not Meghan's style.

I love her dress & she looks very chic in it. I think her hair style & brighter make-up suit this evening occasion. Overall, top marks for style.

For those who like to mark how patriotic she is 3/4 tonight:

-dress by Victoria Beckham-British
-purse by Stella McCartney-British
-new bracelet by Jessica McCormack-NZ (commonwealth)
-her trusted and true Manolos-loan one out Spanish

No ID I can find on her earrings.

Her dress is a beautiful color. I am not wild about the fit. As the dress narrows below the waist it makes her hips and backside look bigger than I suspect they are in reality. Personally I would avoid that at all cost. The other thing I will never like is that long visible zipper that looks like it belongs on a ski parka. To me that is a sign the designer is too cheap to have an invisible one put in.

The hairdo's a bit Eva Peron.

I have great admiration for anyone who can walk in heels that high - I'd just trip up!

Great colour on Meghan - really stands out on the cold wet evening

I think she looks amazing and her brand of minimalist dressing suits her. I like that she is a mature woman who had already achieved her style prior to meeting Harry and the only thing that has changed is her chosen dress length.

I think she looks amazing and her brand of minimalist dressing suits her. I like that she is a mature woman who had already achieved her style prior to meeting Harry and the only thing that has changed is her chosen dress length.

Her dress sense is why I started following her to begin with. (....)

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who like to mark how patriotic she is 3/4 tonight:...

'Optics' like that mean nothing now..

I love the dress, the colour, amazing and minimalistic and very stylish. All it needs to be a little bit looser here and there - honestly, I can't understand why she doesn't tailor her clothes, it's one of many instances where lack of it ruined the whole outfit.

Also, a bit too make-up heavy? But I'll let that one pass, because that dark(er) lipstick really works for Meghan.

Her dress sense is why I started following her to begin with. (....)

Really? I am not a fashion buff, but I think she so frequnetly looked like her clothes did not fit properly...

Really? I am not a fashion buff, but I think she so frequnetly looked like her clothes did not fit properly...

I agree. :flowers:
She has some nice (and very costly!) clothes, but they seldom seem to fit very well.

I think the dress was too fitted. In some video I saw on twitter her panty line is clearly visible. Or maybe it’s a choice of wrong inners

I really think this is actually one of the better outfits we've seen her in. I hadn't seen anything that looked like visible panty lines until this morning but I saw one photo that made the dress appear to be a tad bit see-through in the flashes. I'd be curious to know if it's lined or not because photography flashes can be tricky and this is the only picture I've seen of it that made it appear a bit risque but unless it's a very, very weird trick of the light or a very strange angle it does appear that you can see her underwear and clearly see her leg/hip. That said, I don't envy those constantly in the flashes of photographers when trying to choose their outfits and make sure they won't become see-through in the flashes.

I agree. :flowers:
She has some nice (and very costly!) clothes, but they seldom seem to fit very well.

I agree. She's often seemed to be in clothing that's clearly too big or just a size or two too small. The fit of this particular dress, though, is supposed to be snug. That said, I've seen a few photos that make it appear so tight over her lower half that it's actually a bit ruched up at the waist to accommodate and though it's supposed to be snug, it's not supposed to be that snug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. She's often seemed to be in clothing that's clearly too big or just a size or two too small. The fit of this particular dress, though, is supposed to be snug. That said, I've seen a few photos that make it appear so tight over her lower half that it's actually a bit ruched up at the waist to accommodate and though it's supposed to be snug, it's not supposed to be that snug.
The dress from yesterday was a bit too tight - but I think the waist problem is because the dress was not tailored and clearly was made for someone less curvy and with longer torso. (Which, I just wanted to say very loudly for all the people ready to jump at me, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with how Meghan looks, it just mean that she's not as tall nor skinny as models usually are. And, once again, nothing wrong with that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom