The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can tell from the other attendees, the reception looks pretty casual. I think she looks fine, though the midsection seems a bit wonky.

Bit of a disappointing choice from Meghan this evening. I was hoping for an elegant gown, but I agree that we got drab curtain fabric instead.

Not all evening events call for gowns. This was not a formal dinner. Look at how others were dressed. She would have stuck out horridlyy in formal gown.

I love the color and even pattern. But the over all style just doesn't work.

Love the green with the camel/tan accessories. Shoe might have a bit of rust color too.

LaRae

A pretty dress and a much nicer shade of green on Meghan than the strained baby food green she frequently wears. She looks good.

Hmmm personally never understand the whole jacket over shoulder fad.

Love it! She probably didn't want to wear a jacket and spoil the streamlined look. :D

Lovely color combo the Duchess looks pretty tonight
I too never understand the hyp of wearing the jacket/coat that way but well sometimes it work

Meghan looks stunning. Deep green is a lovely color on her and I am thrilled to see her repeat this dress. The coat is also really beautiful as is the bag.

The dress is a bit tight, but in video it still looks very good on her super lovely post-baby curves <3

This event has always seemed more casual so I think her dress works. She is playing with kids and such so I think a more formal dress would be a bit hard.

She is really just glowing these days, isn't she? Just takes my breath away.

Last edited:
She looks lovely! This is a nice dress for the evening’s event.

It's a lovely colour and dress on her and seems well suited to a smart casual early evening event where there are children. Not a great fan of wearing a coat that way, I always think it looks about to fall off, but it works here.

:previous: I thought the same! :D

Meghan looks gorgeous and it's great to see her wearing something with colour.

Meghan recycled a dress and a coat and the look is more dramatic. Great look!

Delighted to see that wonderful green dress another airing. It deserves it ! She was perfectly dressed and the pregnancy weight is disappearing fast !!

Delighted to see that wonderful green dress GIVEN another airing. It deserves it ! She was perfectly dressed (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 -

Love the green dress.

I’ve never understood wearing a coat over the shoulders. The coat is beautiful though.

Great look for tonight. Loved seeing her engagement dress again. Lovely :flowers:

I love the color of her accessories chosen as well. Great match.

The coat is her coat from her first royal Christmas (pre-wedding). And the shoes are repeats as well.

Love the Montunas bag. Another sign of her conscious shopping. The brand is a female run brand that uses vegetable tanning of the leather (eco-friendly).

I loved the green engagement dress when I saw it first. It's very chic, a good fit and the colour suits Meghan's skin tones. I think it should have also been used, with a short jacket, for those engagement photos that were taken. I liked the dress a lot better than the top and long skirt. The coat was also fine.

I liked the color combo but it did not suit the occasion. She should have worn a cocktail dress or something. The dress was way too tight.

(..)

I like these repeats (green engagement dress -- named after Meghan by the designer P.A.R.O.S.H., and the beige Sentaler coat she wore to church at Sandringham in 2017). The burnt orange shoes look like a repeat as well, but the striking handbag is new. The dress was obviously taken out a bit, but is still snug. It caresses her figure nicely. (..)

I don't always like her choices, but she seems to be comfortable now with simply expressing herself, dressing for her body, and not worrying about trying to fit some predetermined mode of dressing. It will be interesting to see how often the repeats will continue.

I've seen some comments on other online sites where people have expressed disappointment about not seeing more new outfits from Meghan, which I find laughable. It only goes to prove that it's impossible to please everyone, because there would be even more criticism had Meghan purchased a lot of new clothes or worn a lot of glamorous clothes during the SA trip. That's not what that trip was about.

Plus Meghan is seemingly in an interim period where she's filled out a lot of her new wardrobe. She's also in a period of juggling motherhood with immediate concerns and future clothing needs. So perhaps now is a bit of a down time for her to reassess future event needs and her body's changes, while utilizing the clothing she already has.

From the beginning of her life as a member of the royal family, I think Meghan tried to meld being herself with not being overly fussy, while at the same time, trying to adhere to some of the conservative needs of her new role. It was obvious to me that in the early days of her marriage, Meghan was cautiously trying to fit in as a newly titled Duchess, with her clothing choices.
(..)

Thus at the Hamilton premeire charity event in London, in early September 2018, Meghan wore that unexpected black mini tuxedo dress, and I was stoked. Here was Meghan apparently sending the message: "This is me, this is who I am. I shall not be moved." In other words, she relaxed and apparently stopped stressing too much over how her clothing choices would be perceived because she realized there would always be excessive scrutiny mixed with some praise and loads of criticism. Obviously, the best bet is to please oneself under such circumstances. And that's what the Duchess of Sussex has been doing... dressing for her body in ways that suit her moods, her preferences, her lifestyle, her comfort, and her humanitarian instincts.

Much better without the red coat, shoes and bag! The dress looks good on her but the eye is most definitely drawn to her gorgeous lush hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom