The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2019 - November 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gown is okay. I know she loves neutrals, but I’m just a bit tired of the beige. Her makeup looks really nice.

I like this one, it's stylish and a bit different.

An elegant gown where the detail is in the cut and fit. Perfect :flowers:

Proof you don't need bright colors or sequins to make an impact.

I don't think it fits very well at all!
It has that weird bulge at the back, and the left side looks like she just didn't finish putting on the sleeve,

Also, that skinned-back hairstyle is unflattering on anyone, imo.

A lovely and simple look. I like the changes made to the original dress for the event.

I thought that she left beige behind in England where she was forced to wear bland colors? JMHO

Bland was the first word that came to mind when I saw this dress. And boring.

IA- with the poster who said her hair is pulled back too severely. It’s unflattering.

The fit could be better too, especially in the bodice.

The silhouette is very flattering to her figure which imo is a challenge to dress. She nailed this look!

I thought that she left beige behind in England where she was forced to wear bland colors? JMHO

Or a crazy thought....she is free now to wear whatever she wants whenver. Choosing to wear neutrals is her choice. I know its so much simpler to paint it as drama.

This is a very nice look. Yes, the neutral palette can be predictable but the style and cut of the dress is very interesting and suits her. I like that she hasn’t the usual whisps of hair, which can be messy.

Well, she never said she was forced to wear bland colors so I guess beige wasn’t left behind.

Yes she did say that royal women were forced to wear bland colors. Soon after that, Catherine, Zara, and I think Sophie wore red to the royal Christmas concert.

The dress is way too long with an uneven hem. How could anyone walk with that?

I thought she said the royal ladies were not meant to wear the same colour as each other so she chose to wear beige colours as most of the other royal ladies didn't wear those.

Once again, Meghan did not say that royal woman were forced to wear bland colors.

Objectively, she did not say that.

"Most of the time that I was in the UK I rarely wore color," - Meghan

"There was thought in that," she continued. "To my understanding, you can't ever wear the same color as Her Majesty, if there's a group event. But then you also should never be wearing the same color as one of the other more senior members of the family." - Meghan

She said she asked herself, "What's a color that they'll probably never wear?" — before deciding to wear "a lot of muted tones." - Meghan

"It was also so I could just blend in," she said. "I'm not trying to stand out here. There's no version of me joining this family and trying to not do everything I could to fit in." - Meghan

So once again, I reiterate, she didn’t say anyone was forced to wear anything. She didn’t say anyone told her wear to anything. And she even says, it was understanding, she didn’t say anyone told her it was some hard rule. And she stated she chose muted tone because it helped her feel as if she could just blend in. And honestly, they sound like like it could be true for this institution.

I get, wanting to take shots at her whenever the chance comes up if that’s what you like to do but she said nothing about being forced, she only spoke about not wearing the same color as senior ladies in the family.

As for walking, if you want the videos, she walks just fine and the dress flows just fine.

I prefer colour in Meghan’s clothing but I thought she looked lovely in this beige evening gown. Nice hair and makeup and minimal jewellery.

:previous: I agree, she looked stunning. I especially loved her hair and makeup.

I like how the gown is made, but I do think it would look better in a jewel tone.

As for the bland colors debate, I can believe that royal ladies might try to not wear the same colors, although there are times when they do seem to have a planned color scheme. But Meghan obviously likes bland shades all on her own and chooses to wear them often, whether she's around other royals or not.

I thought she said the royal ladies were not meant to wear the same colour as each other so she chose to wear beige colours as most of the other royal ladies didn't wear those.
From reading Meghan's remarks, I had the same impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom