The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's more information on the Haitian designer of Meghan's camel-tone asymmetrical top, Victor Glemaud:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...ghan-markle-victor-glemaud-top-leather-pants/

Here's a shout-out and thanks to Duchess Meghan by Glemaud in a post on his Instagram -- a silent video excerpt, which includes the cute instance when Guy hopped onto the sofa between M&H! ? I love seeing a sweet glimpse of Guy. How happy and healthy he looks as an older dog! His coat colors match Meghan's outfit. ;)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFzsGppA5wc/

Glemaud's stylish Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/glemaud/
He's an interesting designer. The reference in the linked Harper's Bazaar article to Glemaud starting a collaborative to help black designers within the fashion industry to achieve financial independence must have personally resonated with Meghan.

I think the outfit looks elegant and sophisticated on Meghan. The camel colors do not suit everyone, but those colors look good against Meghan's skin tone, and her dark hair and eyes.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. I don't usually like camel shades but this outfit was both chic and suited Meghan's skin tones to perfection. I'm glad she chose to wear clothing by a man prepared to help other persons of colour in the Fashion industry.

The colors are fine. I like some asymmetrical tops, but not this one. The pants.....well, I don’t like leather pants. On anyone. This is no exception.

The Duchess of Sussex during a virtual chat to celebrate International Day of the Girl, wearing a black Tuxe bodysuit and white pants:

** Pic ** Pic 2 **

The Duchess of Sussex in a strappy top or dress at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Next Gen Virtual Summit yesterday:

** Pic **

The Duchess of Sussex in a strappy top or dress at Fortune's Most Powerful Women Next Gen Virtual Summit yesterday:

** Pic **

What IS she wearing? It must be a lot hotter there than it is here...

I suspect it's a strappy top matched with pants, and Meghan looks perfectly fine IMO, cool and comfortable.

What IS she wearing? It must be a lot hotter there than it is here...

If it's anything like the last time I was in LA during October then it's very hot!

OK I just checked current weather and the daytimes are 30C - 34C so yes it's a lot hotter than here!

:previous:

Yes, Meghan's outfit is described as a 'wool satin faille dress jacket' by Brandon Maxwell:
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

Meghan memorably wore a yellow A-line sleeveless dress by Brandon Maxwell in 2018, if my memory is accurate. I think she's also worn other outfits by this U.S. designer.

The styling of the 'dress jacket' is lovely. I particularly like the belt detail, and the off-angle folds of the outfit.

The below stylish dress design by Carolina Herrera (apparently in similar material) is reminiscent of the Maxwell outfit:
https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/c...o-jacket-prod150650227?ecid=BGCS__HighAUR&utm

Meghan's hair looks fine to me for this remembrance occasion at the L.A. cemetery. She's not trying to dress up and be carefully coifed in the way she would if she were attending the annual BRF event in London.

Here's some detail about wool satin faille fabric, which is made in Italy:
https://www.bandjfabrics.com/fabric/italian-wool-satin-faille-cement

Last edited:
I don't see the point of a coat without long sleeves but I suppose it is fashionable.

I actually like Meghan's outfit. The fit and material very classic.

I liked the outfit OK but showing up in formal dress to an empty cemetery on a day that isn't celebrated in the US with a photographer - just weird.

I liked the outfit OK but showing up in formal dress to an empty cemetery on a day that isn't celebrated in the US with a photographer - just weird.

They were better dressed, but yes very weird; it reminded me on Trumps 'big' PressConferenz by Rudi Guliani between a dildo shop and a gardencenter... :lol:

But I do like her Dress; it would have been very appropriat on the balcony.

Yes strange. Especially when the US does not celebrate Remembrance day, but Veteran's day which is only a couple of days away. Would it have made more sense to make an appearance on 11/11, especially since they are making their home in the US?

Very nice and classy outfit. Honor the Death who have given their all is fine,but why bring a cameraman with them? The focus was not the graves it was them.

This is a fashion thread, and as such I think Meghan looked fine, very classy and elegant. Nice slim lines. Couldn't see the shoes close up but what I could see was very chic.

As I posted earlier, the Mad About Meghan site had reported Meghan's coat dress by Brandon Maxwell as being made of wool satin faille. Meghan's Mirror fashion site indicates the fabric is silk organza (with a crepe lining).

The Brandon Maxwell page for this designer outfit describes the fabric as "pleated wool-twill and silk organza, with a crepe lining."
https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-us/...ted-wool-twill-and-silk-organza-coat/1287807?

Apparently 'faille' is a "glossy, soft, finely ribbed, silk-like woven fabric. Wool faille is a plain weave fabric with flat crosswise ribs and a silky, somewhat lustrous surface ... in a range of weights." Organza is "a lightweight, sheer, plain-woven fabric that was originally made from silk."

Twill refers to the weave pattern of this wool and silk blended fabric.

The designer's site for the outfit shows that it was orginally made as a maxi coat-dress, so Meghan apparently had it custom-made in a slightly shortened version.

This designer coat-dress is an interesting and lovely choice for the solemn occasion. Meghan looks good in heels and she wears them well. The heels are Lorenzo pumps in black suede by Jennifer Chamandi. I could never wear this type of stiletto heel, but perhaps well-made pumps like these offer good support, and perhaps Meghan brings along flats to rest her feet while traveling by car to events. A less pointy heel of course would provide better support in walking on grass, but might not look as elegant with her Brandon Maxwell outfit.

Last edited:
I'm not very fond usually of pale pink (or is it very pale mauve?) blouses with ***** cat-type bows. Too conservative for me! However Meghan's makeup, including her lipstick, looked really great, as did her hair.

I don't think the color of the blouse fits her complexion. I can't understand why she keeps using this neutral colors that don't suit her. She was beautiful in that red outfit and the green one, for her last royal engagement.

Not a fan of these type(style) blouses but she looks good ...would prefer to see her in richer colors though!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom