The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both pieces but not at the same time.

Navy top with the skirt or vice versa...or any color really!

LaRae

I very much like the National Theatre top and skirt but perhaps not together. Meghan wears it well, though. White suits her.

The colour suits Meghan.
I love the top but, to me, the skirt is not the best match.

Last edited:
I really love the top but I think another colour for the skirt would have improved the look.

Isn't she copying the woman in the picture.
Seems to be a reason behind it.

Yay !! Her old style is finally back !! I am so glad. Cannot wait to see more. Also A+ to the wedding photographer who seems to be their official UK photographer now (Chris Allerton).

Yep, I totally agree with you EvaH. The white Roland Mouret pencil skirt gives us the old Meghan Suits vibe. Mouret was one of Meghan's designers on Suits. Or at least she met him around that time, and he's dressed her ever since.

The skirt is made from Moka Jacquard fabric, which is embroidered white-on-white, so that's not necessarily summery fabric. Plus, there are no rules these days regarding 'must do this or that' for particular seasons in terms of fashion. Also, Meghan was wearing that lovely, warm camel coat over her outfit outdoors, so she certainly was not cold. Indoors where there's heat, why does she need to dress like it's cold inside?

The skirt apparently has a slit up the front and a smaller slit up the center back. It is very versatile because she can wear it with any kind of top. I think the white blouse with sheer puff sleeves is fun, and it seems delightful and appropriate to the occasion of viewing the cutting edge VR technology exhibit at the National Theatre. The top definitely works with the skirt and both pieces are versatile. I must say I'm in love with those pretty Aquazurra shoes, but I could never wear that type of stiletto heel. Still, the design of the shoe is lovely; the multiple thin straps are to-die-for! And the love pendant is such a nice touch. Meghan's luxe yet simple and minimalist approach to jewelry and accessorizing is a key signature of her style.

More details on all the outfits Meghan has worn over the past several days:
https://madaboutmeghan.blogspot.com/

Meghan is really bringing it sartorially with great effervescence for her last tour of duty as a senior royal in Britain. My word, I will definitely miss the Sussexes on tours and engagements.

Meghan looks extremely relaxed, bubbly and happy. That's really nice to see. It's like there's been a weight lifted off of her. I think life in Canada completely agrees with Meghan. In fact, life in Canada has somehow been a mark of her success, because living there brought so many blessings to her.

Last edited:
Great professional look. I love the coat, would so have it.

She seems to have made a very conscious effort to go British. Majority of her pieces have been.

Coat: London Me&Em
Purse: London based Korean designer Rejina Pyo
Shoes: London based Jennifer Chamandi

Interesting to see what she wears for remaining appearances.

Here's more about Meghan's visit to the Robert Clack Secondary School, including nice pictures of Meghan with the students. She wore a thick white jacket with fringed edges, black fitted trousers and black/tan two-tone heels:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...its-dagenham-school-international-womens-day/

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/family/family-news/meghan-markleschool-visit-531540

There's a video of her arrival embedded in the second link if you scroll down.

Thought this was a great look by Meghan - perfect for the school visit. Love the jacket.

Often I have found with Meghan's wardrobe its not affordable - she tends to favour high end designers but this isn't the case here.

This is a great business-like but still comfortable look from Meghan.

An excellent and professional choice for a school visit IMO. Meghan looked great! (I'll forgive the monochrome look!)

I love that colour green on Meghan. It's very flattering IMO. The hat is very cute indeed. She looks fabulous!

Interesting cape dress and lovely color. Not sure about the hat too, wanna trim the net veil lol.

Great color! Love the fascinator ....great style of dress although not sure about that bodice area.

LaRae

Love this look on her! Harry's jacket lining matches!

The color is fabulous and I don't hate the fascinator. With a different hairstyle I'd actually love it. The dress appears to have some fit issues and I'm not at all fond of the handbag. I'd actually love to see black shoes and a black handbag with that outfit to match the black on the fascinator. All in all I rather like the look but the accessories, the hairstyle, and the fit of the dress sort of knock it all down a few pegs for me.

The color is fabulous and I don't hate the fascinator. With a different hairstyle I'd actually love it. The dress appears to have some fit issues and I'm not at all fond of the handbag. I'd actually love to see black shoes and a black handbag with that outfit to match the black on the fascinator. All in all I rather like the look but the accessories, the hairstyle, and the fit of the dress sort of knock it all down a few pegs for me.

Again, the fit is off.
And the capelet seems awkward. Very vibrant color though.

The color is wonderful on Meghan, but the actual outfit is not so great. The dress is quite ill fitting (tight in certain places) and she needed to wear a different undergarment (bra). The handbag is a no go for me, the color isn't right. Love the fascinator.

Bit early for St Patrick's day but a beautiful colour and outfit on the duchess today at Westminster Abbey.

Absolutely sensational outfit from Meghan! Wow just is in a whole other league tbh.

Her fashion, in general, has been incredible this week.

The color is beautiful, but the fit is off and I really dislike the cape thing hanging off the side.

Very elegant outfit & the colour zings. I agree the fit is dodgy.

The color is beautiful, but the fit is off and I really dislike the cape thing hanging off the side.

I think that's what gives the outfit a 40's vibe...the cape and style of dress.

LaRae

Duchess of Sussex looks lovely, the color is wonderful. However, my usual complaint with Wickstead is the fit. IMO she too frequently misses on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom