The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-10-2019, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm definitely catching a retro "Audrey Hepburn" mode going on here. I think it looks fabulous on Meghan and I absolutely adore that hat on her. This is from a person that doesn't like hats whatsoever and won't wear one usually too.

I couldn't remember off hand where I'd gotten the idea of Audrey Hepburn and that hat going together so I did some digging and found this picture. Its somewhat similar to what Meghan wore.

https://i.etsystatic.com/5695102/r/i...65090_71bs.jpg

Old 11-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looks great but the hat makes the entire outfit. It is perfect...elegant and appropriate !

I am so happily she is not wearing another beret, which does not suit her at all, imo.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Meghan looked good. The style of hat worked really well for the event. Not a fan of her wearing a waist defining belt.

Do we know who the couturier was?
Old 11-10-2019, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think Meghan looked good. The style of hat worked really well for the event. Not a fan of her wearing a waist defining belt.

Do we know who the couturier was?
According to What Meghan wore, Stella McCartney. And the hat seems to be Stephen Jones.

so for those who count the British designers like badges:
-Philip treacy hat and Mellon boots Thursday (and Canadian coat)
-Erdem last night
-Stella McCartney and Stephen Jones today

https://whatmeghanwore.net/2019/11/1...brance-sunday/
Old 11-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you Countessmeout. I want the DoS to appoint Jones her Official Milliner.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 11-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
According to What Meghan wore, Stella McCartney. And the hat seems to be Stephen Jones.

so for those who count the British designers like badges:
-Philip treacy hat and Mellon boots Thursday (and Canadian coat)
-Erdem last night
-Stella McCartney and Stephen Jones today

https://whatmeghanwore.net/2019/11/1...brance-sunday/
Wearing Stella McCartney, Stephen Jones and Erdem for these last two events was very well done of Meghan, and shows that she is making the effort. I'm happy to see it. The shoes and jewelry seem to mainly be of interest to dedicated (fanatical?) royal watchers, so I personally don't think it matters as much in terms of the optics. YMMV.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan really has been stunning the last few days. Might not have been a fan of all her outfits but her aura has been out of this world. She just looks so relaxed and free. It has been nice to see.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:19 PM
Nobility

How lovely Meghan looks.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:31 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A few posts / comments have been edited to remove the beginning of a bickering argument.

I thought the moderating team had already made this point, but I cannot find it in any of the Duchess of Sussex's threads, so I will make it now:

Enough with the designer British/foreign point scoring. At this point, everyone is aware of every poster's thoughts on the matter and further posts are simple repetitive. Any posts which do not provide constructive commentary on the topic of designers will be removed going forward.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Majesty

While I am not over fussed with the lace at the neckline, overall the ensemble is very elegant and the hat, in particular, is spectacular. I would have thought it a personal best for her except that she didn't wear any earrings and it made it look unfinished. This would have been a perfect time to wear her pearl and diamond earrings.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:29 PM
Heir Apparent

yes, those earrings would have perfect. The hat fits her.beautifully and the little bow on it is a nice touch. She should stay away from bells and stick with a line looks for her figure. She is a little shorter than average like Sophie and is top heavy like her too.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan really has been stunning the last few days. Might not have been a fan of all her outfits but her aura has been out of this world. She just looks so relaxed and free. It has been nice to see.
I think that is right, I think she has looked very much at peace and calm, and that, to me, has really enhanced her appearance over the last few days.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love her Phillip Treacy hats too so she should keep both designers on board for hats!

She really isn't much for jewelry is she....would of loved a necklace the other night and earrings yesterday!

LaRae
Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Stella McCartney has taken some flack for pointing out that Meghan was wearing her coat yesterday.

However Stewart Pravin has also said he dressed The Queen so I don’t really see the issue.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan looked fantastic at yesterday's ceremony. Very elegant and sophisticated.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Sussex attends the annual Remembrance Sunday memorial at The Cenotaph today

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...83?s=2048x2048
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJAbx3PW...pg&name=medium
I don’t like the belt but I love the coat. Beautiful and elegant.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I think that is right, I think she has looked very much at peace and calm, and that, to me, has really enhanced her appearance over the last few days.
I agree. I was furious when I heard commentaries that included body language experts and more than a few weighed in on all engagements over these really poignant events. Needless to say, none of them saw or felt her utter serenity on the balcony. Her ensemble would have seemed too stark without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I don’t like the belt but I love the coat. Beautiful and elegant.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess is in a brown skirt and polo neck and camel coat for the thank you trip to Canada House today. Any ID on the clothing yet?

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...086273/photo/1
Old 01-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duchess is in a brown dress and camel coat for the thank you trip to Canada House today. Any ID on the clothing yet?
No dress, it's a turtleneck and skirt.

First pictures:

*Front View With Coat*

*Front View No Coat*

*Sat Down No Coat*

*Side View*
Old 01-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
No dress, it's a turtleneck and skirt.

First pictures:

*Front View With Coat*

*Sat Down No Coat*

*Side View*
You are right, I had amended my post before I saw yours!