The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so do wish Meghan would wear British fashion brands for important events like these.

Yes, there are some events in the calendar that are quintessentially British in nature, and those are the events that all of the royal ladies should really be wearing a British brand. The more run of the mill royal patronages, charities, etc. it doesn't really matter that much, but this is one where it matters.

Really nice outfit today the colour was perfectly fine given the solemnity of the occasion and venue at the abbey.

Two out of three pieces were British. And the third a commonwealth brand. :flowers:

Her brands:
-Sentaler coat-Canadian
-Tammara Melon boots- British
-Philip Treacy hat- British

I like the coat. The color and style was wonderful for the event.

The thing I don't like is the belt. I wish she had worn the original belt for the coat. This skinny one was badly placed.

Its bulkier style as it is Outer wear. Its not a fitted coat dress.

And her look yesterday, when her and Harry visited the families of deployed soldiers.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...rince-harry-coffee-military-families-windsor/

No ID I can find on the camel coat, black skirt and white blouse worn.

An unflatteringly bulky coat...

I agree that Meghan's coat is rather unflattering; and the belt doesn't help. It seems like it's almost a size too big for her.

Countessmeout, I thought the boots were Victoria Beckham.

Sources I have seen show the coat as being from the 2015-16 collection which Sentaler is now going to re-issue. That would seem to indicate that this is a coat she already had in her wardrobe. It would also account for the fit problems. Some of the pictures look like it doesn't completely close - there is an inverted V from her waist which shows the skirt of her dress. On a properly fitting wrap coat that shouldn't happen. However, if she hasn't lost all of the baby weight that would account for it and it could explain the choice of coat.

Personally, I love the color but I am not sure about the fabric. It is probably warm which would be another point in its favor. The hat was a nice choice.

Very untidy look not going along with the look the rest have on. The open coat with an odd belt just doesn’t make it. All items are ok, but not together. I do like the hat and it’s placement. Her hair could use a trim

I actually like the whole look. I like the dark navy, appropriate for the event as well.

I would take her coat and gloves (which I love as well) in a second. I'm not a fan of boots but they look good on her. The fascinator is one of her best hat looks yet.

LaRae
Yes, I think she really nailed the right image. Her hat is a delight and her hair has been perfectly done to compliment it and not be a flyaway mess. While it is by no means the first time she has worn a hat or fascinator, this time it looks like her entire ensemble was based around her gorgeous hat and even better, the veil was perfectly deployed and not all scrunched up. AAA+

It was lovely to hear that, in spite of all the reports to the contrary, her lovely coat hails back to the winter of 2015/2016 and is definitely pre-wedding, perhaps even pre- Harry. The gorgeous midnight blue coat worked well worn over her as yet unidentified black dress while her Tamara Mellon slouch boots gave her a lovely lift while not being stratospheric and looked very 'Megan'. Her gloves were the perfect finishing touch to a formal occasion.

Yes, I think she really nailed the right image. Her hat is a delight and her hair has been perfectly done to compliment it and not be a flyaway mess. While it is by no means the first time she has worn a hat or fascinator, this time it looks like her entire ensemble was based around her gorgeous hat and even better, the veil was perfectly deployed and not all scrunched up. AAA+

It was lovely to hear that, in spite of all the reports to the contrary, her lovely coat hails back to the winter of 2015/2016 and is definitely pre-wedding, perhaps even pre- Harry. The gorgeous midnight blue coat worked well worn over her as yet unidentified black dress while her Tamara Mellon slouch boots gave her a lovely lift while not being stratospheric and looked very 'Megan'. Her gloves were the perfect finishing touch to a formal occasion.

Yes the coat seems to be pre-Harry and I'd wear it in a second..it looks warm and comfortable! Her hair looks amazing. She is able to have her hair treatments again I'm thinking!

The hat is lovely...probably my top two of her hats to day. I love the birdcage when it's done well.

No idea on the dress designer...don't think anyone has gotten a look at it really.

I would of changed her belt to a wide belt if I had to change something.

LaRae

The belt is all wrong. It's too thin and causes the fabric to bunch in an unflattering way, and the coat hangs oddly as a result. Is the coat meant to be worn open?

Other than that, I like the boots, love the hat, and Meghan looks beautiful. I just wish she would wear things that skim the waist or have a dropped waist - I think that style would look so much better on her. She's petite and short-waisted.

Too many things together. The hat, the veil, the hair, the coat, the belt, the boots. Too much.

I like Meghan's hat very much and what I could see of the coat, but what's the white thingie twisted around her belt in the photo?

^ Its the [rather distracting] Buckle of her Belt..

But a good Hat

It looks impeccable ! And the has really suits her.

Thanks, I can make the buckle out now (poor eyesight) but I think a buckle that was the same colour as the belt, and coat would have looked better. I do like the hat though!

Belt, belt, belt and belt. Nice hat though.

I like her look, the hat definitely makes it. Her belt is a bit distracting but I think it's the way it's catching the light.

I am not a fan of the hat tbh. But from what little we can see, this outfit is fine. It is actually something I can see Sophie wearing or similar to something Sophie has worn I feel.

I think I liked her coat better last year actually.

I like Meghan's hat very much and what I could see of the coat, but what's the white thingie twisted around her belt in the photo?

Her belt buckle is silver, not white.

Meghan looks nice, traditional and appropriate for the event.

I like the hat ...it's a good look overall.

LaRae

Whole outfit looks good.

Big hat is good for Meghan she should go for them often,her outfit looks nice also and appropriate..but the hat makes the whole difference she looks very beautiful

I like the hat, it is a pleasant change.

In love with the full proper hat. Looks fantastic on her. :flowers:

What we can see of the rest of the outfit looks lovely as well.

Meghan looks very appropriate for the ceremony, and I'm happy to see that the belt is a better proportion for her. Nothing exciting, but it all gets the job done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom