The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the white top, and the necklace. I think Meghan has looked very nice today.

And remember what Oscar Wilde said - “fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.”

Most fashions don't age well, which is why it's better to opt for something classically stylish instead.

Ha, I’d never heard that quote - I like it!

Meghan’s been hit or miss in dressing for her body type since she married Harry, but in fairness she’s had the changes that come with pregnancy and the post partum period to deal with for the last few years. I do really like the white shirt and black pants from today; the outfit wouldn’t look good on everyone, but really flatters Meghan.

Duchess of Sussex at the Opening Ceremony of the Invictus Games today

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...0-opening-at-picture-id1391802940?s=2048x2048
I liked this a whole lot more than her white suit. Had the suit been either more fitted or at least a little more fitting she would have looked great but were not for her smile and ultimate accessory she would have been a suit walking around wearing a person. Fashionable or not, I don't like it, sorry not sorry.

Now the off-the-shoulder crossover top she wore with high waisted pants was a knockout and more distinctly Meghan's personal style. Unlike the suit she wore to the Reception, this was fitted and showed she has some shape, the updo was a nod to the formality of the occasion (unlike the fly-away mess at the reception) and with her hair beautifully styled it enabled us to admire the perfect jewellery accompaniment of her earrings which pulled the look together. Unfortunately I can't recognise them.

Again monochrome, with the white jacket, but I think it suits the smart/casual occasion. Not so sure about the shoes.

Ha, I’d never heard that quote - I like it!

Meghan’s been hit or miss in dressing for her body type since she married Harry, but in fairness she’s had the changes that come with pregnancy and the post partum period to deal with for the last few years. I do really like the white shirt and black pants from today; the outfit wouldn’t look good on everyone, but really flatters Meghan.

I agree that this outfit definitely flatters Meghan's shape and she looks wonderful in it. Her hair and jewelry are lovely.

The white pantsuit was far too big on her and swamped her petite frame.

I'm surprised that she didn't opt for an Invictus polo and jeans for at least one casual day with the athletes.

If it goes through, I've been a little bit late to the fashion talk.

Meghan looks great in white, she looks great in a lot of colors but white is ha color and I love that for her!

As for sizing, I can admit, I prefer a more tailored fit but I'd like to say, Meghan's close are too big for in the sense that she's wearing the clothes wrong. The clothes fit how they're suppose to fit, she just likes oversized fashion and that's a personal thing people will never agree on. You might not think she loves good but it's, does she feel good while wearing it.

If I had to rank them (since I'm coming in so late)

1. white jacket, blue jeans and her heels. I love it, so fashionable but causal.
2. the outfit she wore to the opening ceremony! I love the bow top and the pants, it was lowkey.
3. the brown outfit, i'm into the monochrome. there wasn't a good picture of it but it was just brown/tan
4. the valentino white, i'm not a fan of oversized clothing so i didn't like it but she looks good and her meghan is white, i always love.
5. the blue jeans, flats, jacket and etc. it looked sort of busy to me? too much going on but it was nice and causal enough for the outdoor event. i will say, she looked so young in that one, like she was in high school

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom