The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-09-2020, 09:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I liked the outfit OK but showing up in formal dress to an empty cemetery on a day that isn't celebrated in the US with a photographer - just weird.

They were better dressed, but yes very weird; it reminded me on Trumps 'big' PressConferenz by Rudi Guliani between a dildo shop and a gardencenter...

But I do like her Dress; it would have been very appropriat on the balcony.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I liked the outfit OK but showing up in formal dress to an empty cemetery on a day that isn't celebrated in the US with a photographer - just weird.
Yes strange. Especially when the US does not celebrate Remembrance day, but Veteran's day which is only a couple of days away. Would it have made more sense to make an appearance on 11/11, especially since they are making their home in the US?

Old 11-09-2020, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Very nice and classy outfit. Honor the Death who have given their all is fine,but why bring a cameraman with them? The focus was not the graves it was them.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Majesty

This is a fashion thread, and as such I think Meghan looked fine, very classy and elegant. Nice slim lines. Couldn't see the shoes close up but what I could see was very chic.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Duchess of Sussex privately visited the Los Angeles National Cemetery on 8 November

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmU9JU9X...name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmU9JVAX...name=4096x4096
A nice and elegant dress from Meghan. Good to see her again!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-15-2020, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

As I posted earlier, the Mad About Meghan site had reported Meghan's coat dress by Brandon Maxwell as being made of wool satin faille. Meghan's Mirror fashion site indicates the fabric is silk organza (with a crepe lining).

The Brandon Maxwell page for this designer outfit describes the fabric as "pleated wool-twill and silk organza, with a crepe lining."
https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-us/s...-coat/1287807?

Apparently 'faille' is a "glossy, soft, finely ribbed, silk-like woven fabric. Wool faille is a plain weave fabric with flat crosswise ribs and a silky, somewhat lustrous surface ... in a range of weights." Organza is "a lightweight, sheer, plain-woven fabric that was originally made from silk."

Twill refers to the weave pattern of this wool and silk blended fabric.

The designer's site for the outfit shows that it was orginally made as a maxi coat-dress, so Meghan apparently had it custom-made in a slightly shortened version.

This designer coat-dress is an interesting and lovely choice for the solemn occasion. Meghan looks good in heels and she wears them well. The heels are Lorenzo pumps in black suede by Jennifer Chamandi. I could never wear this type of stiletto heel, but perhaps well-made pumps like these offer good support, and perhaps Meghan brings along flats to rest her feet while traveling by car to events. A less pointy heel of course would provide better support in walking on grass, but might not look as elegant with her Brandon Maxwell outfit.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Sussex on CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EpKxAL6W...g&name=900x900
Old 12-14-2020, 02:57 AM
Majesty

I'm not very fond usually of pale pink (or is it very pale mauve?) blouses with ***** cat-type bows. Too conservative for me! However Meghan's makeup, including her lipstick, looked really great, as did her hair.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:59 AM

I don't think the color of the blouse fits her complexion. I can't understand why she keeps using this neutral colors that don't suit her. She was beautiful in that red outfit and the green one, for her last royal engagement.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not a fan of these type(style) blouses but she looks good ...would prefer to see her in richer colors though!

LaRae
Old 12-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Courtier

The lavender blouse is not flattering. It overemphasizes the width of her shoulders and the color washes her out.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:31 AM
Serene Highness

I like the blouse, other things seem off like the eyebrows and hair - although I prefer this hair style to the Morticia Addams looks at other appearances. This screen shot is not the most flattering.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The duchess looks wonderful and what a really nice hairstyle too.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was looking at the video again, she is matching the blouse and make up to the flowers in the background, When I see the whole of it then the color looks better on her.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Courtier

I don't know if it's just a personal preference or just pure stubbornness, but for how skinny Meghan is, she often chooses clothes that make her look bigger and does not fit her frame at all, that blouse being a good example of that.

Also I don't like that... whatever that loop is around her neck. It would look much better if she made a bow or just didn't have it at all.

And the make-up is clearly off, it's not a colour that fits her well.
Old 12-14-2020, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

The blouse is fine, though the color isn’t for her. It is the tie that is off. Nice lipstick
Old 12-14-2020, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks wonderful! I like soft pastel colors on her.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I was looking at the video again, she is matching the blouse and make up to the flowers in the background, When I see the whole of it then the color looks better on her.

LaRae
Yep - the outfit was picked for the scene. I also think there was something with he lighting - possibility soft lighting or a filter to make it more romantic or dreamy. It is TV makeup and a rather stern hairstyle. The make up and the hairstyle don't really fit with the way it was shot. Make up and Hair is business and serious - shoot, scene and lighting say romantic?
I personally don't like the cut of blouse - reminds me of blouses my gran used to make me wear to go to church But it might be the fashion, I guess.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Yep - the outfit was picked for the scene. I also think there was something with he lighting - possibility soft lighting or a filter to make it more romantic or dreamy. It is TV makeup and a rather stern hairstyle. The make up and the hairstyle don't really fit with the way it was shot. Make up and Hair is business and serious - shoot, scene and lighting say romantic?
I personally don't like the cut of blouse - reminds me of blouses my gran used to make me wear to go to church But it might be the fashion, I guess.
Yes, it seems like everything was studied to appear authentic, but you really are authentic when you don't put so much effort to be like that.
All these soft colors, soft lights... it seems like she's "trying" to soften her image.
Furthermore, having studied color analysis, Meghan belongs to Deep Autumn. She's supposed to avoid soft, pastel, and toned-down colours, together with white and black.
That cold lipstick doesn't suit her.
You can see the difference when she's wearing her trademark peach nude lipstick, that makes her look an effortlessly beauty.
https://www.celeblipstick.com/wp-con...018/03/685.png
Old 12-14-2020, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

The outfit was clearly picked for the background. I don’t think anything about it suited her- the blouse seemed large, the color isn’t “her” color, and I’m not a fan of bows/ties at the neckline.

Her make up matched her outfit/the background, but didn’t really flatter her.

Seems like there surely was a better way to coordinate her look with the background.