The Duchess of Sussex's Daytime Fashion Part 5: November 2019 - April 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...it seems you have mentioned that before and your point is well taken.

While Sunday's coat is similar to ones that she's worn in the past ie Vancouver with a fur collar, this one might be "new" to us as royal watchers. AFAIK it's the first public wearing.

In new photos of Meghan & Harry today in Beverly Hills, Meghan is wearing the 'Chateau' Parka in Stadium Cloth Wool from @JCrew
:
Here's the link to the coat if you're interested or have a last minute Christmas gift to purchase. It comes in a wide variety of colors. I believe that Meghan is wearing the "dark walnut."

https://www.jcrew.com/p/womens_cate...teau-parka-in-italian-stadiumcloth-wool/J5488

Last edited:
Meghan looks fabulous in all white. Very cool looking for the end of summer and her hair looks fantastic too.

I wish Meghan would wear a bit more colour in her outfits, sigh! However, as the couple were visiting the memorial pools at the 9/11 site, I think what Meghan wore was very appropriate and business-like. She and Harry look happy to be there, her hair is pinned back and makeup neutral.

:previous:

At least a bit more colour compared to the first outfit ;) Meeting with the US Ambassador to the UN today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:

At least a bit more colour compared to the first outfit ;) Meeting with the US Ambassador to the UN today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Any idea why Meghan may be wearing a winter coat in this mild weather?

Perhaps Meghan feels the cold more than most people.

I think the mustard is alright but she looks great in green, yellow or orange outfits. Wish Meghan would wear more of those. I hope to see her in a bit more colour or even white in appearances over the weekend.

Perhaps Meghan feels the cold more than most people.

With temperatures in NYC currently in the mid-20 degrees celsius, Meghan must feel a lot colder than other people!

I absolutely adore that color and it looks fabulous with her skin tone and hair color. However, I've never been a fan of that one color from head to toe look that she constantly employs and, like many pieces of clothing we've seen her in over the years, the jacket looks at least one size too big if not two. I realize that she's quite petite but it really isn't as if she doesn't have access to tailors or the money to pay for them. I also realize that sometimes there's an element of "oversized" involved and for wide leg trousers or some sweaters that can be a great look on many women, Meghan included. But the constant look of things being one to two sizes too big looks sloppy when it could have looked beautiful had it been purchased in the correct size or tailored to a pristine fit.

With most of her outfits, Meghan has a huge problem with tailoring and fit. She is beautiful, but she is very short-waisted and so she needs to make an extra effort to have properly tailored outfits.

Gorgeous colour. Interesting shape and fit. I like it!

I would like to see the outfit without the jacket. She is short-waisted, and this red ensemble somehow emphasizes this in an unflattering way.

The color is to die for.

I would like to see the outfit without the jacket. She is short-waisted, and this red ensemble somehow emphasizes this in an unflattering way.

The color is to die for.

Agreed. Meghan should definitely consider wearing this color again.

I’ve been surprised by the continuing popularity of the big suit. At first it looked silly, and then I thought it was for models only, and now it seems that it looks good on a lot of women.

At last, colour! And a colour that flatters her skin tones. Having said that, I’d have preferred a dress. I really don’t like this outfit very much. Meghan is beautiful and there are many other combinations she could have worn.

I absolutely adore that color and it looks fabulous with her skin tone and hair color. However, I've never been a fan of that one color from head to toe look that she constantly employs and, like many pieces of clothing we've seen her in over the years, the jacket looks at least one size too big if not two. I realize that she's quite petite but it really isn't as if she doesn't have access to tailors or the money to pay for them. I also realize that sometimes there's an element of "oversized" involved and for wide leg trousers or some sweaters that can be a great look on many women, Meghan included. But the constant look of things being one to two sizes too big looks sloppy when it could have looked beautiful had it been purchased in the correct size or tailored to a pristine fit.

The color is fabulous, but you summed up perfectly what I don’t like about the rest of it.

I love this! LOVE IT.

Inappropriate and I’ll fitting outfits. It was a very warm, near 80 degree day and she was wearing a winter coat. The pants were way too long and the top too tight, pulling at the bust. The red outfit was way too big in her. Such a lounge like Italian outfit with spike heels and overwhelming hair is not the right outfit for a school visit anywhere, especially in such a poor area. She should have matched Harry’s level of outfit.
Also, many pics of New York City police detail with them. How do they merit this taxpayer expense of security as private citizens ?

Meghan may still be nursing. Maybe she was a bit wary of possible ‘leakage’, which was why she was wearing baggy jackets and loose non revealing coats. Another reason might have been self consciousness about some post-baby weight still hanging around over the stomach and hips.

Meghan may still be nursing. Maybe she was a bit wary of possible ‘leakage’, which was why she was wearing baggy jackets and loose non revealing coats. Another reason might have been self consciousness about some post-baby weight still hanging around over the stomach and hips.

Or as you said yesterday, perhaps she just feels cold! ?

Sorry - this resembles something I saw on Dallas. Really don't like it, the cut is horrible and not really something you wear to visit a school.

Color is nice for a winter coat maybe.

I am sitting outside right now, and it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit, most of the people going to the concert are wearing shorts and tee shirts, I think Meghan looks completely out of place in the cashmere coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom