The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 9: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 9 of the thread for The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 8: May 2015 - June 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Camilla looks nice. I like the soft shade of pink she is wearing combined with the white lace. Is she wearing another headpiece underneath her hat, or is that observation just my eyes playing tricks on me? It looks like she is wearing a kind of fascinator underneath her larger hat.

Reminds me of what Kate wore the other day...except Kate's was blue with the white.

Very nice.

LaRae

Princess, it actually reminds me of the hat Kate is wearing in your avatar:)

I must say this is one of the few times Camilla disappoints me in a hat. I usually get a real hat fix from her. This one just seems a bizarre hybrid between hat and fascinator. No more of a fan of the style on her than Kate.

But hat aside she looks great. The outfit is beautiful and the tones suit her :flowers:

Last edited:
Seems the royal ladies all got the memo today to wear blue. Save the queen who is in royal and lighter blue shades, the other three (Camilla, Bea and Eugenie) are all in navy today. Camilla has worn light shades the other days :flowers:

I quite like this outfit and happy for a repeat. So happy with her hat today. And she brought out a brooch. I can always count on her for my brooch and real hat fixes :)

Camilla looked nice and also rather elegant at Ascot today. I love the colour of her outfit, particularly paired with the hat. Her butterfly brooch is also very pretty.

Princess, it actually reminds me of the hat Kate is wearing in your avatar:)

I must say this is one of the few times Camilla disappoints me in a hat. I usually get a real hat fix from her. This one just seems a bizarre hybrid between hat and fascinator. No more of a fan of the style on her than Kate.

But hat aside she looks great. The outfit is beautiful and the tones suit her :flowers:

You're right, that's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this hat on Camilla for the first time, haha. :) I'm glad to know that it's not just me who notices the "hybrid" on the hat!

Love the color on her and her brooch:flowers: Relieved she didn't wear tweed, as others may have, for an exhibit celebrating the Tweed industry of Harris and its international importance.

An old reliable from HRH's closet. Worn since 2005.

You see it with the older royal women. They have nice classic pieces that stand the test of time (though some I wish would be shelved), and are worn over the years. Its nice to see. They are well tailored appropriate outfits which suit the wearer quite well. :flowers:

Camilla as always looks lovely in a shade of blue. And her dragon fly brooches :)

She looks simple and nice for a country event. Love what I see of her brooch:flowers:

The dress is to no surprise a repeat, but a great look on her:flowers:

May 2016 (event where she was 'menacingly brandishing' a cake knife:whistling:)
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall brandishes a giant carving knife to cut cake | Daily Mail Online

She seems to like to wear it when terrifying people with knives. She was said to be terrifying her husband in it in Australia in November.
Prince Charles looks terrified as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall wields a knife in South Australia | Daily Mail Online

She has at least 3 other polka dot outfits I can recall in the last year. Seems to like the pattern. My favorite is the white coat you have to look closely to see the dot detail, and the colored scarf.

[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT]Duchess of Cornwall attended the National Commemorative Event to mark the Centenary of the Battle of the Somme in France on July 1 in her often worn navy and polka-dot outfit[FONT=&quot]: [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a0e94b6c060ad2b6970411291e99f1dd&oe=57E93FD2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=16a1fe0f5f3135d4e68f100e59ed58eb&oe=58057E9C[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=9c6b05d5e6144c7348a537e9d4e62db5&oe=57F1236D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cd8283ae0475854920450ac7a352edb3&oe=57EA8CA5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=41b7086a4d1f69044166dc680a425ff1&oe=57F6A7D9[/FONT]

:previous: I think Camilla looks nice and elegant, and she seems to be following HM's trend for matching her umbrellas with the colour of her outfit!

:previous: I would have to agree, it was a perfect choice for the engagement.
somewhat surprisingly, neutrals look amazing on her and it is a palate that she often wears, but not to the exclusion of all else.

Her navy and white esemble was perfect for the National Commemorative Event to mark the Centenary of the Battle of the Somme in France. No matter how often she wears it, it still looks fresh and new.

In both ensembles she shows an innate grace that makes her comfortable in her own skin, and equally at ease at a country show or an international Memorial.

Where's the picture with Charles on the bridge? :ermm: It's gone. It was lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom