The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 14: June 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A really lovely colour on the duchess and a nice neat hairstyle too.
Perfect look for warm summer day events.

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane today, June 23:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She really seems to have taken to shirt dresses this year! The good thing is that they work for her, and she seems to be willing to try darker colours than those she normally wears in summer.

The Duchess of Cornwall during the launch of the Story Trail at a picnic with school pupils today, June 22:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** May 2021 **
The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane today, June 23:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She really seems to have taken to shirt dresses this year! The good thing is that they work for her, and she seems to be willing to try darker colours than those she normally wears in summer.
The darker backgrounds really look good on her and the shirtwaister style is a great look for her. The last few summers fashion seems to have been large pastel florals on a pastel background which do not look good on Camilla. For daywear, she has these handy workhorses which look very comfortable yet suitably elegant for the occasion and for specials occasions such as Ascot she defaults to her equally beautiful block neutrals with stunning hats. Camilla really does know how to shuffle her wardrobe to best effect and gives women of a certain age a lift by proving you don't have to be dowdy.

The darker backgrounds really look good on her and the shirtwaister style is a great look for her. The last few summers fashion seems to have been large pastel florals on a pastel background which do not look good on Camilla. For daywear, she has these handy workhorses which look very comfortable yet suitably elegant for the occasion and for specials occasions such as Ascot she defaults to her equally beautiful block neutrals with stunning hats. Camilla really does know how to shuffle her wardrobe to best effect and gives women of a certain age a lift by proving you don't have to be dowdy.

I agree, she seems to be having a good run currently. In recent years, there have been times her clothes have looked quite dowdy, but she seems to be on a good run currently. Perhaps she now has a new stylist working for her.

:previous: You'll have to get in line! It is beautiful and so very few people can wear green well and with confidence. It is my favourite colour. ;)

The Duchess of Cornwall on a lovely photo to mark the Thank You Day today:

** Pic **

The duchess looks really nice and a very lovely colour too.

I know that Camilla's dress is made of fine fabric, and it’s beautifully tailored, and the color suits her, but that dress looks just like what my grandmother used to call a house dress. I wish she could smarten up a bit, particularly if she’s meant to be Queen eventually. Even a Princess Consort needs to look better than this. IMO

:previous: Camilla seems to tailor her clothing to the nature of the engagement and I thought her dress and accessories were once again fit for purpose and the only lift came from the beautiful colour of her shift dress. Even her jewellery is discreet.

I think she is very sensitive to the people she is visiting up close and personal and in the shadow of the pandemic and the deprivations wrought by extended lockdowns, job loss, and ordinary everyday middle-class people find themselves relying on foodbanks.

Camilla swanning in there in an ensemble she would have worn even 18 months ago would be tone-deaf. We are so lucky that Camilla, our future Queen is so flexible and right out there on the front lines showing sympathy and supporting both those in need and those working to help them.

This is certainly appearing to be one of Camilla's favourite dresses of the year!

Was just going to say the same and hopefully is not too heavy given the current heat over the UK/Ireland.

The more often I see the, the better I like it. Although it still has some autumn vibes for me.

Looking lovely and nice and light for the very warm weather at the momernt.

:previous: Camilla has certainly given her wardrobe a shakeup. It's like she has reinvented the shirtwaister and made it fashionable for women of any age. I am particularly taken with those that have a darker background shade and the one she wore to the Isles of Scilly is a particularly attractive example.

But it's not just her dress she has changed. Her jewellery is very modern and appeals to all ages and I am amazed at her earrings. After so many years of her everyday pearls, just wow. She doesn't even carry her handbag everywhere and when she wears her sunglasses it's when she is watching something and not when she is walking about talking to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom