The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 14: June 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 14 of the thread for The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 13: November 2019 - May 2021 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall lovely in light blue at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London today, June 9:

** Full view **

Simple and a nice colour and light enough for summer too.

Quite a beautiful dress and the little dots are really enhancing this dress !

Not too keen on the pattern on that dress but other than that they duchess looks nicely styled.

The Duchess of Cornwall opened the annual British Flowers Week exhibition today, June 10:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I think Camilla looks great. The style of print on the dress seems to be outside the usual prints Camilla wears, but I think it works for her.

:previous: I would have to agree. I am not a great fan of floral or patterned material I find myself really liking this look on Camilla. Perhaps it is because the design is on a dark blue/teal background with vibrant stylised flora rather than a washed-out pastel background.

I am not sure why, but I really like it and I think it think it suits Camilla.

The Duchess of Cornwall attended a performance by The Royal Ballet yesterday evening - nice to see that lovely dress again:

** Full view ** Full view **

And today, June 11, she attended the G7 reception and a Big Lunch Event:

** Pic ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall attended a performance by The Royal Ballet yesterday evening - nice to see that lovely dress again:

** Full view ** Full view **

Another great look by Camilla. Its a dress that can be used for day or evening events.

Terrific, two new outings and Camilla is really killing it. Her silky dress for the ballet was a perfect bridge from afternoon to evening and definitely hit her colour wheel dead on. The dress from the G7 is really elegant and with the Dior style shoes, looks very easy yet elegant.

Both dresses have three-quarter length sleeves and a very feminine silhouette that flatters her assets and downplays any figure imperfections. Fortunately, Camilla has a wonderful figure for a woman of her age and a very trim pair of ankles which make her small heels look great as she has a pretty good body to leg ratio. Has Camilla changed her stylist during the Pandemic? It seems she has a much more contemporary look these days, even down to her jewellery.

The dress is nice with the light blue stripes, but the shoes don't go that well with it for my taste. While on one hand I can understand that it might get more difficult for a women her age to find a heeled shoe that sits good and in which she can walk and which is comfy. But on the other hand, she had other shoes and I would have even preferred her camel brown ones with it. Or whatever the correct name of the colour is.

The duchess looks really nice and a nice shade of blue too.

I love the dress but don’t like the shoes. I have a foot issue and when I find shoes that I like and that are comfortable, I buy them in every color and sometimes two of the same color! Wish Camilla could find or have some shoes custom made:flowers:

I love the dress but don’t like the shoes. I have a foot issue and when I find shoes that I like and that are comfortable, I buy them in every color and sometimes two of the same color! Wish Camilla could find or have some shoes custom made:flowers:

I must admit I sometimes get annoyed when posters comment on shoes etc matching, and I always say photographs are not a true reflection of colour, but in this case they really do seem to be totally off.

I am sure if there is only one style and shape she finds comfortable she could have multiple pairs in different colours.
Anyway she maybe has sore feet and doesn't care what anybody thinks..

Well, she’s in good company. Her mother-in-law doesn’t usually trouble herself about matching shoes!

I think the outfit is gorgeous (not to mention the beautiful matching mask) and I think these classic shoes go well with anything !

Oh, I think I can manage to overlook a pair of slightly mismatched shoes in view of the rest of Camilla's Ascot Ensemble. I love the new pared-down look that Camilla is sporting lately and she has welcomed the return of 'Ascot' in suitably Ascot style with a beautifully cut coat with subtle blue stripes over a white or cream dress. The natty wee matching mask was a nice touch too. But the Gold Medal goes, as always, to the Hat with a capital "H". It is, quite simply, deliciously divine and the colour is perfection ???

Oh, I think I can manage to overlook a pair of slightly mismatched shoes in view of the rest of Camilla's Ascot Ensemble. I love the new pared-down look that Camilla is sporting lately and she has welcomed the return of 'Ascot' in suitably Ascot style with a beautifully cut coat with subtle blue stripes over a white or cream dress. The natty wee matching mask was a nice touch too. But the Gold Medal goes, as always, to the Hat with a capital "H". It is, quite simply, deliciously divine and the colour is perfection ???

And the pearls are back!

Is that a new purse she’s clutching? It really is deliciously beautiful grey leather.

The Duchess of Cornwall on day 2 of Royal Ascot today:

** Pic ** gallery **

Last edited:
A classic duchess of Cornwall signature look and a wonderful soft colour too.

This definitely feels like classic Camilla. And I absolutely say that in a positive manner. She knows what works for her, what she feels comfortable in, what looks beautiful on her. All around well done.

I have to admit that, some years ago, I could not have imagined that she can look so adorable.

In my younger teenage years I was Team Diana, but as I grow older and understood more and got a wider look on everything, I can say I am totally Team Camilla by now.

And yes, she knows what looks good on her and I absolutely love how she can wear the big hats. Creme, beige and offwhite are her colours.

I love her hat today. Gorgeous.

It seems that beige, cream, and blush nude are going to be the trend this summer among royal women.

It still surprises me that this woman that leans sporty/country life can carry off these huge, elegant hats with such ease. It's a rather delightful fashion mystery. Keep bringing it, DOC.

It still surprises me that this woman that leans sporty/country life can carry off these huge, elegant hats with such ease. It's a rather delightful fashion mystery. Keep bringing it, DOC.

100% agreed. I know that her outfits will almost always be in the same vein but I still look forward to them every time because even though they follow the same pattern, they're always just perfection for him. And those hats...:wub:

Yes, Camilla likes a pared-down unfussy look and this definitely reflects in yet another wonderful hat, but the dress is very deceptive. It is the result of clever creation of downright magical proportions that looks like it is lined with heavy silk or some such substantial material that they have used to create a more straight shoulder and also makes the embroidered pearls look natural but the end of the three-quarter sleeves was the wonderful flare of chiffon silk, soft and feminine that echoed in the multitudinous layers of the skirt that moved and swirled with such feminine elegance from soft inverted pleats whereas before she would have worn sharpe pleats or inverted pleats with no floaty anything.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/16/17/44306863-9692577-image-a-96_1623860229984.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06/16/17/44306861-9692577-image-m-95_1623860216317.jpg

Her attention to detail was spot on with the light and dark curls on her drool-worthy hat, neat little clutch and perfectly bi-colour pair of shoes with an illusion heel that makes them look just a little higher than they actually are and accentuate a fine pair of legs with trim ankles. Further, the magnificent millinery, elegant clutch and shoes are all from "shopping her closet".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom