The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's really beautiful :) I'm not so much into the brown, it's not a "christmas-colour" . But she looks great!

What is a Christmas color -red or green? Then Anne in a red coat is the only Christmas person in the group because all the others including the Queen were not in red or green.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:Completely agree with you, this is winter, and the length of the coat is sure to keep her warmer then a short coat above the knees for then she would be criticized for not wearing a longer coat. The style of the coat is a classic style, will always be in style and ready to wear for another cold day and as for brown, brown is a warm color, not dark, not bright nor boring. Everything about her outfit is perfect for the day, the hat is adorable, the scarf is a mix of autumn/winter colors, the fabric of the coat is a classic tweed, the gloves and shoes are perfect. Nothing wrong with this lady today, she looks like a duchess and is a duchess.

I don't like that look... Brown would be fine but all that shades do nothing for her IMO... She looks like a matron to me and the lenght of the coat is not flattering at all... The only thing I liked was the hat... The rest is a miss...

Doesn't do a thing for her, makes her look 20 years older. :ermm:

December 25, 2014 - Attending church on Christmas day.
** Close up***

Love what Catherine is wearing! :flowers: Very elegant, very classic, but with a twist. That coat collar is gorgeous imo, and she made a good choice with the scarf, too. The hat is perfect. Something about it suits her face as well as the color suits her hair.

All-in-all, a win imo. The length of the coat makes me think she was very warm and cozy in that outfit. Nicely chosen.

Her hair looks lovely and her hat is a gorgeous chocolate colour and to me . . . Chocolate = Christmas and all it's goodies.

Her coat is a beautiful cut and colour but the white buttons look really . . . odd, but that scarf is a nightmare that clashed violently with the warm,soft look, overall.

The one thing I am trying to get used to is heavy tights with court shoes. A pair of suade boots would probably have looked more in keeping with the coat. That being said, she has the height to carry off a coat of that length and certainly showed a trim ankle and lovely shoes.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm not a fan of Catherine's outfit, but she herself looks nice. I do agree that it looks a little frumpy and matronly, and reminds me of something that Princess Anne might wear. The colour combinations are also a little boring, but other royals were wearing similar outfits so I guess Catherine was just blending in.

Beautiful scarf, this is one of those clothing items that can be worn for many years to come during autumn and winter.

Her coat is a beautiful cut and colour but the white buttons look really . . . odd, but that scarf is a nightmare that clashed violently with the warm,soft look, overall.

I think you'll find the buttons appear whitish because the way the sun has caught them, they are actually gold or perhaps silver coloured.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

ALERT THE MEDIA! Kitty just loves Kate in the "granny" coat and "matronly" scarf (which is a piece of art). The Duchess looks much more elegant in clothing that is a bit more conservative. She looked stunning. (No, I've not been drinking, LOL).

Duchess of Cambridge was spotted shopping at John Lewis. I think sh looks good but her hair color is looking a bit too orange.

Picture

Duchess of Cambridge was spotted shopping at John Lewis. I think sh looks good but her hair color is looking a bit too orange.

Picture
I think there is some weird colors in the picture, her grey bag looks greenish and such. So might be just the picture

I think there is some weird colors in the picture, her grey bag looks greenish and such. So might be just the picture

I think it's the picture. You can tell the coat looks fuzzy/grainy in it and that's usually a pretty big clue. I do agree that Kate looks tired, but as has been said elsewhere, to be expected at this point.

I love the white coat! She looks very elegant.

I'm not fond of the look; that embroidery looks sort of cheap. The dress itself seems more suitable for spring than for January.
But she is looking well.

The pockets under the breast are miss-placed IMO. Plus, the black tights against a navy dress doesn't work.

The pockets under the breast are miss-placed IMO. Plus, the black tights against a navy dress doesn't work.

I totally agree. This look is a total miss IMO. Not only is the embroidery ugly but if you are going to an event for children you don't wear a dress that short. She can't bend over without danger of flashing the kids. I am beginning to think Catherine has secretly joined the Kardashian clan.

Really not liking this look. The embroidery on the dress is quite ugly, and the style doesn't do anything for Catherine. I have a feeling the dark tights were chosen to make sure nothing is seen if she does bend a little too far.

The dress is quiye ugly, maybe it's comfortable.

Really not liking this look. The embroidery on the dress is quite ugly, and the style doesn't do anything for Catherine. I have a feeling the dark tights were chosen to make sure nothing is seen if she does bend a little too far.

I get the need for the tights. I just think that navy tights would have been a choice.

Ok, this joins the very short list of ugly things Kate has worn! The color! The embroidery! Ghastly!

I get the need for the tights. I just think that navy tights would have been a choice.

I honestly couldn't tell that the dress was navy. Blame my poor eyesight there :D, but in that case, yes, the tights that were the exact same color as the dress would have done better.

Ok, this joins the very short list of ugly things Kate has worn! The color! The embroidery! Ghastly!

'Ghastly' indeed. I'm sorry, but I hope this dress is thrown in the farthest recesses of a closet, like the navy blue one with white collar the Duchess of Cornwall pulls out on some occasions.

I like it. I think the patterned tweed adds interest and the fact that the navy material is from a heritage wool company is even better.

I would have preferred navy shoes and tights rather than black but she looked lovely.

I totally agree. This look is a total miss IMO. Not only is the embroidery ugly but if you are going to an event for children you don't wear a dress that short. She can't bend over without danger of flashing the kids. I am beginning to think Catherine has secretly joined the Kardashian clan.

Just WHAT is she going to "flash" with dark opaque tights on????:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom