The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color of the dress with Catherine's coloring, and her hair is also a compliment to the dress. Saying that, I don't love the dress' sleeves and the cuts. Still, she looks fantastic given the morning sicknesss. Lovely.

She looked beautiful. Nice to see her our and about again.

She looks beautiful! That gown is gorgeous, love that shade of green. So great to see her!

I love the dress, but I have to say Catherine should wear more dramatic jewelry.
Her necklace is ok, but something more eye-catching would look better with such an understated dress, imo.

Catherine looked absolutely stunning. That shade of green is simply gorgeous on her.

Yes, I would have liked to see more jewelry, although she looked lovely, I think some sparkle would be great.

Really liking the dress, it was a pretty color and fit her nicely. I think the slit is was made it for me.

Another Little House on the Prairie look. The hair is awful. Glad to see Kate is well enough to be on duty again.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely color of dress and the style suits her but I think she cant pull off the slit too well.

If that dress was Little House on the Prairie, I'd still be watching. Her hair looked great-healthy and lush and she looks more comfortable in the bangs.(...)

Dress is nice, has nice color and details, looks god on Kate but it's nothing special. If you want to wear dress like that have a boobs, top part would be more full. As always loose hair cover half of her face and top part of the gown. (...)

I don't care much for the dress but it's good to see her up and about again.

This is a fashion thread!

Posts about health problems, weight issues, eating habits and the like have been deleted as off-topic!

Great color on her, but I didn't care for the bell sleeves. And, yes, an updo would have been lovely for the occasion, especially to show off those hoop earrings, and a larger necklace would have looked nice.

Mea culpa! I was wrong. Those were not patch pockets - and that was a PEPLUM. My bad. Apologies to all.

Having said that, a peplum that reads in photos as patch pockets, still has problems. ;)

That's not Kate's fault, that's on the designer.

Did anyone get how long it took before people started complaining about her hair?

Surprised and happy to see her out and able to function in public with a huge ovation which would bring nausea to anyone!
Echoing Baroness, the dress "needs" jewelry and hair back would have exposed the earrings, or a least, a major necklace would have been a save.

the green is a pretty color on her but i dont like the style of that dress

The green SPOTY dress reminds me quite abit of the white dress worn to the private dinner in May or June 2012 as it had a dramatic slit and long selves - why Kate have another evening dress that as similair features. I did like that fact this dress was a lovely colour on Kate - agree she needed her hair even half up.
But im afraid it was another case of Alexander McQueen disappoints for me again
Also although she is pregnant barely 3 months yet - i'd hardly say this dress was maternity wear - its a normal dress not specifically designed for the pregnant Kate

Last edited:
Headline - to be designed by Sarah Burton

Text - "[Sarah Burton] hopes she will be assigned to design

Grrrrr! So the headline is a lie!

Access Hollywood is using Diana (of course) as the inspiration for the fashion video link in the article

T
But im afraid it was another case of Alexander McQueen disappoints for me again
Also although she is pregnant barely 3 months yet - i'd hardly say this dress was maternity wear - its a normal dress not specifically designed for the pregnant Kate

I'm confused, the dress is a normal dress and not maternity wear. Like you she's barely pregnant and not showing, so why shouldn't my she wear normal clothes for as long as she can? It was never a dress designed for Catherine, nor a pregnant woman.

Sarah Burton commented last week that she 'hoped' to dress a pregnant Catherine in McQueen whether it would be a new maternity section, as I assume they don't have one, we don't know.

This board is calling it maternity wear fashion simply because she is pregnant despite the fact that she isn't showing.

This thread should be used untill the baby is born, all she wears from now on (even if she's still quite slim and uses "normal" clothes ;)), should be discussed here. The other two threads will be used again after the pregnancy. Hope that helps! :flowers:

response to a question I asked v early on

December 25, 2012 - Kate in a recycled coat, red scarf, reed Gucci clutch and hair pulled up while attending Christmas church service.

Side full view ** Close up

nice hair, but she looks not too comfortable, poor thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom