The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a new coat? It is very nice, a little tight across the bustline, not a maternity coat I guess

I love the black coat. So regal and beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear this coat is a repeat. And I love coat-dresses on Catherine!

Why so much hate toward coat-dresses?

Not hate, simple boredom. When you have the 'is this an old one or new one', and 'its new because the collar is an inch wider then the other' which we often see with Kate, you know you have A LOT of coat/coat dresses. Its refreshing when she actually tries something new.

That's why I like her previous look. A repeat, but stepaway from her standard wear.

You hit the nail on the head with your answer, Countessmeout!! It IS refreshing to see something new on Catherine.

I think Catherine's coat at the Grenfell commemoration was gorgeous and just right for the event. She looked very elegant and sophisticated.

I fail to understand how anyone could mistake Catherine's coat for a coat dress. It is absolutely the wrong time of the year.

I fail to understand how anyone could mistake Catherine's coat for a coat dress. It is absolutely the wrong time of the year.
Her hat is very fashionable but the ever so wonky brim would drive me demented. ? Luckily my brims are perfect however, I am not in my 20's. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really maternity wear since that photo is from June. Probably not even pregnant yet. George’s birthday picture was taken at same time.

The blue suit is one of her best looks. So regal and beautiful.

Lovely blue suit, Catherine walker is always perfect,imo, but disappointed with such an old picture

I love that plaid coat! It is really cute...cute enough to make me pretend I don't see the dark tights (again)!

LaRae

I love that plaid coat! It is really cute...cute enough to make me pretend I don't see the dark tights (again)!

LaRae

The coat is appropriate for the season but a bit too short IMO... Is this a tactic to take attention from her bump?

Maybe so...seems like all we've seen in the past month or so (outside the evening events) is the short little girl dresses and black tights.

LaRae

Her coat is right above the knees...is that really considered short?

I really like this outfit. The coat is very festive.

Her coat is right above the knees...is that really considered short?

I really like this outfit. The coat is very festive.

She has such a long torso that when she wears things above the knee it just makes them look shorter too I think. The porportion is off when she wears these short dresses/coats.

LaRae

Her coat is right above the knee. Doesn't seem too short to me at all. She looks wonderful and I love the coat.

My eyes are still riveted to that humongous hat.��

Last edited:
She's worn that before...I'm just ignoring it.

LaRae

I like her overall look well enough and enjoy the pieces by themselves, but something is just a bit off proportion-wise. I think this hat would have called for a longer coat or perhaps if we wear to have seen the hemline of a black velvet dress peeking out. The combination just seems a bit unbalanced.
Overall, I have to say that I am enjoying her maternity fashion this time around. ���� (moreso than I did with George and Charlotte)

I love me some plaid but the coat combined with the hat is slightly too costume-y and stuffy for my taste. She looks happy in it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom