The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...In regards to William's socks, I think they're either very dark navy or grey, or at least that's what they look like in the lighting of my room and PC screen.

I think William is wearing the hosiery that goes with the type of shoe he is wearing (used to be called Opera pumps). The socks are actually semi-transparent which is why they might look something other than the black that they are.

What is with all of the black?! I could swear there's mourning going on.. :ermm:

I don't like the outift at all... I wish she would have worn another color too... She doesn't look good tonight IMO... Do we know if some pieces are a reapet? She has worn several new outifts so far

The skirt is blue. None are repeats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like both the top and skirt, but I'm not sure I like them together. Her hair looks lovely.

As for the color, I don't mind that she's been wearing black/darker colors lately.

Last edited:
Love the hair for once, the top is lovely and fitted. I like the skirt but wished it wasn't navy blue.

Has anyone been able to get a good look at the belt? I'm presuming the top is black and the skirt is navy- I'm beginning to like the black/navy trend. I think CP Victoria has worn it lately, too.

I like the outfit as an idea, totally. I'm into that but I would have styled it either total black or total navy

I'm just relieved she wasn't wearing all black again.
I like the outfit, but was surprised to hear the skirt was navy. When I saw the pictures, I thought it was a spruce green shade.

:previous: I would have loved that - read that as preferred that!

And ditch the belt or replace with glitzy or silky belt. Leather doesnt work for me.

Overall a good look except the belt, for me. Great hair and have always loved those earrings.

And, a great great cause which she is wearing well.

I love the skirt. The top is cute but not my cup of tea. It's a nice combination but something there is not working: I think it's the belt, it looks too casual for this skirt.

Wonderful hair and earrings.

Julliette, I agree totally with your comments and I think you are right it could be the belt. It's a very different skirt for Kate, I like the fullness for a change

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think that top goes with that skirt at all. They are totally different and incompatible fabrics in totally different and incompatible colours, in my opinion.

I think Catherine looks lovely in this outfit - it's very appropriate for this type of evening event and I have always liked black and blue as a combination. I would like to see the top and skirt again separately with other combination pieces.
The outfit would also look nice with a ballerina length skirt.

:previous: This is why the fashion industry is huge and lucrative. We all have different likes and dislikes when it comes to styles and fabrics and colours, etc. :flowers:

I wonder if the outfit she might have originally planned for tonight was found at the last minute to be too small. In my experience pregnancy can feature waking up in the morning with an extra inch or so that wasn't there the night before.

I love the top and the skirt but not together. If it was a black skirt then I would have loved the outfit. Nevertheless, it's a lovely outfit.

Last edited:
I don't get the belt. First of all, the top doesn't look like it needs a belt. The pictures on the "DM site make the belt look a little worn in places. Finally, the belt looks like one in my closet that I wear with trousers to work. The only purpose it seems to serve is to prove she is showing with her pregnancy.

I don't think that top goes with that skirt at all. They are totally different and incompatible fabrics in totally different and incompatible colours, in my opinion.

Looked again at it and think you may be right: it's not just the belt, it's also the fabrics that don't belong together.

I like both the top and the skirt, but I feel like it's a bit of a clash put together. I also agree that the belt looks a bit out of place. The hair and earrings are lovely, though!

I like her top and the skirt but IMO the two do not mix well together. I'm not saying the outfit is bad but I don't know... it just looks a bit weird to pair them together. I don't understand the belt either. But she looks pretty.

Several posts which served no purpose but to antagonise other members have been removed.

She looks lovely and i like the top but i think a blue belt (with a subtle buckle) may have looked better and served to bring the two items into a single outfit.

I don't get the belt. First of all, the top doesn't look like it needs a belt. The pictures on the "DM site make the belt look a little worn in places. Finally, the belt looks like one in my closet that I wear with trousers to work. The only purpose it seems to serve is to prove she is showing with her pregnancy.
I love her hair and earrings . . . oh, and her shoes. They are perfect for the occasion. However, that's where it ends.

The top is quite nice but it isn't made for a pregnant woman. The skirt is a really beautiful colour and its foblds fall uniformly to her knee, but it in no way matches or compliments the top. The leather belt does not compliment the top or the skirt, in fact it's worn leather and heavey buckle really do point to holding up the work trousers or jeans which leaves one wondering why on earth she wore it unless you subscribe to Lady Marlboro theory because, to be honest, it's the only one that makes any (weird) sense at all.

I'm usually a fan of Catherine's fashion choices but this is a miss for me, for the reasons you stated. I think the top would have looked nice with a flared skirt w/ narrow pleats in the same fabric and color.
Do like the hair and being able to see the earrings.

She looks lovely and i like the top but i think a blue belt (with a subtle buckle) may have looked better and served to bring the two items into a single outfit.

I agree that a belt in the blue colour would have looked better and united the top and skirt into an outfit. I don't mind the buckle though, because it sort of matches the style of the earrings.

In general terms, it's not really what I would describe as a maternity outfit. It's unusual for a pregnant woman to be drawing attention to her waist, which that belt does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom