The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Well spotted! I hope we see it in 2015 because it is a very becoming hat and works well for this particular event.

I totally agree that this hat looks great! Much smarter than those odd little things she usually wears.

I thought the dress was old or already seen... I don't like she is dressed all dark but at least she is wearing a dress

I thought the dress was old or already seen... I don't like she is dressed all dark but at least she is wearing a dress

I don't recognize it, but Kate has worn a different dress by them.

This is the one she wore today: Iris Vreeland dress

She wore their Redgrave Coat (Cream Redgrave coat) while pregnant with George and in July (and possible May) of this year, she wore a pink dress by them: Kate in Goat Fashion for MPACT School Visit, and All the Details on the Tory Burch Dress the Duchess Wore Yesterday » What Kate Wore

She looks very comfortable in this dress and although it isn't going to receive any plaudits for fashion, it is very practical for this type of engagement.( Wish she'd worn a brooch or interesting necklace)

The dress is okay, it's a bit boring. I do agree that it looks comfortable, which I imagine is all that matters for Kate right now.

Yep, the Sandhurst hat is one of her best ones. I'm one of the few that likes her smaller hats, but she does look great in the bigger hats too, and I wouldn't mind seeing her wear them more often.

Last edited:
I love Goat's clothes though this dress is one of the most plain boring they have (the other one she wore was so much better). In any case, I think she looks good and confortable. I just don't like the boots.

Kate seldom wears scarves; a scarf would add so much to this dress, which is very plain but a nice color.

I like the colour but the over all effect depresses me - I have developed a dislike for these types of outfits worn with thick tights and boots on her as they look flimsy and in some pictures I have seen rather cheap (even though it will have costs a fortune!). I prefer Catherine in her upscale, formal outfits with hats or a nice tea-dress style that she can wear with a bit of a whirl.

I really love this look. It's comfortable, but elegant. Yes, it's a little on the plain side, but that's not an issue. Catherine prefers to go with a 'less is more' approach, which I happen to like (and practice when choosing my own outfits).

She reminds me of one of those cut out dolls you had as a child, where the hair was always the same, the smile and make up already set. You had a few outfits that you could interchange with when you had money to buy a new look.
Having said that the colour and style of the dress is nice, it is something I would wear, not with the tights and boots.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

She doesn't look pregnant to me! Her hair looks super shiny and nicely layered and this is probably the first time I don't mind it covering the dress. The dress is so plain, but must be warm in wool and comfy with belt you can let out. She looks well in plum and the earrings help dress the whole thing up.Love the flat boots and think this dress was perfect for the event. Slightly dressy but utilitarian

I just don't like the flat boots... they don't look elegante at all... of course they are confortable, but with a bit of a high heel she was also confortable and elegant at the same time...

I'm all for recycling, but I can't help but think: "This girl is an HRH. How about a new maternity outfit?" A pop of color would've been a great touch like a bright scarf, something. :ermm:

I just don't like the flat boots... they don't look elegante at all... of course they are confortable, but with a bit of a high heel she was also confortable and elegant at the same time...

And during the last pregnancy, people complained that her high heals were dangerous. Oh and that shot of her playing volleyball in those high wedges got a lot of comments about being unwise. A duchess can't win. ;)

Royal Variety Performance - Kate wearing a stunning floor length Diane Von Furstenberg lace gown

Its one of the few times where I think Kate absolutely nails it - stunning dress, nice updo, great earrings. Great look!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the close shots, particularly the back view, this is the most sophisticated hairstyle Kate has worn and she looks stunning.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Kate nailed it tonight. She looks amazing. I think this is one of her best looks.

As I previously said this, to me, is her best look ever.... flawless

She looks absolutely AMAZING! What an stunning dress. Regal, elegant, exquisite and classic. The hair and the earrings are beautiful as well. The Duchess looked incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this dress a repeat? I feel like I've seen it before. It's a lovely dress though and just see how much of a difference it makes when all that hair is swept out of her face. So much fresher and younger

Is this dress a repeat? I feel like I've seen it before. It's a lovely dress though and just see how much of a difference it makes when all that hair is swept out of her face. So much fresher and younger

She has worn a similar dress but I guess this is new...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom