The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I meant gifts from commercial place, like a car (from Toyota) and clothes from Valentino

Yes and these are all accounted for in the official listing of gifts received during each year. And don't the technically belong to the crown?

They don't accept gift from commercial, business places. They do accept gift from government and people they meet from walkabout

A couple of posts have been deleted. Let's please get back to the topic of this thread!

I really like her yellow Emilia Wickstead coat. But other than that I remain underwhelmed. Her pregnancy wardrobe was okay. I look forward to seeing if motherhood changes her style, and how she will dress the baby. :flowers:
I have to agree with you. Kate is a cautious and conservative with her attire.With the McQueen pieces she has worn, a bit more sophistication has emerged.I think she does have great taste at times and that taste is expensive. I am not quite certain she knows how well or not well things photograph.I have hardly ever seen her wearing suits and would like to see her in more of those. I hope all goes well for her. A truly lovely lady

^ It's a lovely collection, Homme! :flowers:
The animal print dress and the b/w polka dots dress looked fabulous!

I posted this in her regular daytime fashion forum before realizing that DUH she's pregnant and people will probably be over here.:flowers:

I am not trying to start an argument (and I doubt anyone will listen to me), but Kate has never really been a conservative dresser and I don't particularly get why people say that. I think she is one of those people who knows what she likes and has a very specific style. I also don't understand why people say she doesn't like fashion. She has always been a very stylish and very consistent dresser even during her Kate Middleton years.

To me, it's become pretty obvious that she loves 1940's flair in her clothing. 90% of her dresses adher to that especially the dress she wore in Prince George's 1st birthday pictures.

I just wanted to see what other people's opinions of that were. I'll try to post pictures supporting my opinion.

Her maternity style isn't impeccable really, I felt as if she was trying to show off her bump most of the times, some of the dresses were too short and that animal print dress was a total mess. She had that pregnancy glow though and looked VERY happy so I never really cared about what was wrong with her outfits, but looking now, it's different!

I think when women are pregnant they tend to choose comfort over fashion. I've seen fashionable pregnant women & some that are just in pj's/sweats.

Following Clarence House's announcement that the Duchess of Cambridge, née Kate Middleton, is pregnant with her second child, the fashion world has already started speculating about the maternity outfits we can expect to see from the royal this time around.

During her first pregnancy, Duchess Kate repeatedly wowed fans with her effortlessly chic and stylish maternity outfits, from her polka dot Topshop dress during a visit to Warner Bros. studios to the stunning pale blue shift dress she wore when visiting the National Portrait Gallery.

HELLO! Fashion takes a look back at the Duchess of Cambridge's top 10 maternity looks…
The Duchess of Cambridge's top 10 best maternity looks

I personally don't think anyone can say Catherine dresses anything other than conservative and safe. But that's not a problem, she's a future Queen.
She has worn some outfits that have been too short, and her issue with flying hems is a problem. But her choice of styles and colours have always been ball park. The only outfit I have ever been wowed by from Catherine and thought "she done good" was the turquoise lace evening dress worn to a gala I think just before or after the marriage. One of my all time favourite outfits on a royal. Catherine also carries military off very very well.

I know comparison doesn't go down well but I hope I get my point across. I'm a person who loves the clothes Princess Mary wears, adore them, but I know that taking those clothes off Mary and putting them on Catherine would do nothing for her. I personally don't think Catherine knows her body shape that well and dresses in whatever she has. She's always looks really good in jeans and a top because a; she appears comfortable and b; she's showing off her body shape.

I imagine that we will be see a lot of coats for this baby since its the opposite of George where Kate will be bigger in the Winter/Spring compared to summer George.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't think so. few coats for the spring but not for the winter. She can't be very far along, because as far as I understood the announcements and articles the announcement was made because she suffers from HG again and thus had to cancle an event and maybe has to cancle even more. I think it will be an April-Baby. Maybe even a May-Baby. And she wouldn't need many maternity-coats in the winter if this would be true.

I posted this in her regular daytime fashion forum before realizing that DUH she's pregnant and people will probably be over here.:flowers:

I am not trying to start an argument (and I doubt anyone will listen to me), but Kate has never really been a conservative dresser and I don't particularly get why people say that. I think she is one of those people who knows what she likes and has a very specific style. I also don't understand why people say she doesn't like fashion. She has always been a very stylish and very consistent dresser even during her Kate Middleton years.

To me, it's become pretty obvious that she loves 1940's flair in her clothing. 90% of her dresses adher to that especially the dress she wore in Prince George's 1st birthday pictures.

I just wanted to see what other people's opinions of that were. I'll try to post pictures supporting my opinion.
She probably does know what she likes and it is conservative, it always has been. And perhaps she's stylish in her own circle, but certainly not out of it. You only have to look at what is being worn on the streets and at events by models and celebs to know that Kate does not fit what everyday society is wearing. And that is fine because that is not her role. If she would suddenly dress up in something Kate Moss would wear, people would flip. That said, I think Kate has an idea of what she needs to wear and sticks to it but doesn't make it her own. So no, I don't consider her stylish.

If Kate is like most mothers then she'll likely be in maternity wear a little earlier this time.

^^^ Love the last dress but the rest I don't really care for.

None of them is anything special, but apart from the 3rd, the rest can be quite nice.

I don't like the coat dress at all fabric is too old for her wish she would get a stylist or learn from princess mary her dress sense is awful

She looks very nice. My kind of outfit. She does not look as though she's been ill.

I think this is the best she's looked in a couple of years. As for age, she's not a spring chicken any more, plus in this outfit she looks the part of the wife of an important man. She could not have done better with a stylist.

Not keen on the hat but it isn't terrible. She's worn it before, but I think the coatdress is new.

^^^ Love the last dress but the rest I don't really care for.

IMO, the last dress is beautiful and the only one suitable for a later pregnancy gown. I can't figure out the propensity for wanting to stuff her into form-fitting sheath gowns while pregnant?

Good to see the Duchess back,not mad about her hat but the rest of the outfit is very nice.

Hate the fascinator, the coat/dress is actually quite nice.

I think Catherine looks very nice. I like the whole look. It suits her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom