The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy at last! What a gorgeous evening gown! The blush pink chiffon with the light as air cape and the wonderful jeweled embellishments just made my day. Add the diamond earrings and bracelet and it is perfection. Looks comfortable too. Those Erdem didn’t seem to be maternity and the tight cinching below the bust seemed uncomfortable to me. Earlier in the day, the coat looked just as comfy with the block heeled shoes and low heeled brown boots. The maternity dress seemed fine.

The only thing I don't like is the silver stuff in collar. But the gown is beautiful, it kind of reminds me the purple gown Victoria wore in Nobel.

Very classy and beautiful dresss, as if Kate stepped up her game after Erdem with CPs and now McQueen with Kings.

Those floating dresses suit expectant mothers really well. Very romantic and beautiful dress. Perhaps another color would have been even more smashing than this pale color. I'm glad her hair were up, so the silver details were clearly visible.

I am so in love with the Alexander McQueen dress...and Catherine looks so very beautiful !?

Lovely coat and colour plus you'd never think the Duchess was pregnant as its the coat makes her look so slim.

Love this D&G coat...great color and style!

LaRae

Lovely coat and colour plus you'd never think the Duchess was pregnant as its the coat makes her look so slim.
Those images do make her look very slim, with others I have seen of the coat,she looks a little stuffed into it. Love the color and her hair.

her wardrobe during this scandinavian tour is perfect in my opinion
i wishe i can have my hand on some of the duchess coats:D

Those floating dresses suit expectant mothers really well. Very romantic and beautiful dress. Perhaps another color would have been even more smashing than this pale color. I'm glad her hair were up, so the silver details were clearly visible.
I really like this gown although truth be told, I wish it wasn't baby pink. It took a while but she is now totally comfortable with putting her hair up knowing that her hair looks quite stunning and allows the details of her gowns to shine.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking good in a Dolce & Gabbana coat in Oslo today, February 2:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Love this D&G coat...great color and style!

LaRae
This really is a stylish coat which looks really elegant on Catherine and in a deep warm colour that flatters her and makes me wonder why she bothers wearing insipid baby blue which tends to wash her out and has a chilly look in winter.

She really is fortunate in that she can wear many colors and they all look good on her. Some really go the extra mile though and this plum/wine (whatever) looks fab.

LaRae

Nice style, nothing new or memorable, but nice. Fantastic color on her though.

But I really hate the big metal buttons, especially double breasted, look. :sad:

Her ski look is cute.

I really like this gown although truth be told, I wish it wasn't baby pink. It took a while but she is now totally comfortable with putting her hair up knowing that her hair looks quite stunning and allows the details of her gowns to shine.

This really is a stylish coat which looks really elegant on Catherine and in a deep warm colour that flatters her and makes me wonder why she bothers wearing insipid baby blue which tends to wash her out and has a chilly look in winter.

Did someone say BABY pink?

If we were looking for baby gender clues in her sartorial choices during this tour, I'd have to go with twins - a boy and a girl! :lol::lol::lol:

Did someone say BABY pink?

If we were looking for baby gender clues in her sartorial choices during this tour, I'd have to go with twins - a boy and a girl! :lol::lol::lol:

She's big enough for them. :flowers: I do wonder.

A very beautiful purple coat. Love the color. She looks great in both looks.

She looks lovely. esp the baby pink gala dress is amazing.
Pregnancy does her good. She looks years younger with this extra weight on her. Good to see

Meh not a fan. Too short, out of proportion. The color is okay.

LaRae

The blue coat is very beautiful and a regal color.

The coat is beautiful, but I agree it's too short. It almost as if the coat is the dress.

The McQueen gown in Norway was stunning. It really didn't even look as if Kate is pregnant. I'd say that about most of the clothes Kate has been wearing. The designers and designs Kate is choosing are so flattering and do a great job of flawlessly and elegantly accommodating her baby bump, while not actually bringing attention to it. We see Kate and notice her first. The fact that she's pregnant is a lovely afterthought which simply brings to mind admiration for how wonderfully well she's managing her royal duties while carrying her third child.

While Kate has sometimes chosen somewhat matronly looking attire on a few occasions, for the most part she always looks fresh, elegant, stylish and pulled together. Kate wears her role well. Her personality seems very suited to her public and private roles too.

I believe that Kate and Meghan both knew they were wearing McQueen on the same evening, although some disagree. I doubt it would be a coincidence, as they have been forging a sisterly bond.

Lovely as the coat is, did she really need another coat?

After how many brand new maternity coats (possibly not all maternity), in the Scandinavian trip, certainly more than five, I am shocked at yet another new coat which could not be worn again. Why am I shocked that she is buying a new outfit for each appearance and I do not have the same reaction to say Charlene of Monaco? I guess it is the transitory nature of the maternity wear. They both can certainly afford it but I expect more of Catherine to set an example

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason for the different coats is mainly down to where she is in her pregnancy.

What fitted last week does not necessarily fit today. I look at her and think that she is ahead of schedule! She has definitely blossomed in the past couple of weeks. The change is obvious.

There is also the weather. What was appropriate in the UK in Feb/April in previous pregnancies would not be good now. Edit [ ITs very cold - colder than usual]

And finally, why does everyone assume that everything she has bought is still in her wardrobe? HMQ was known to sell on her clothes through dress agencies; Diana used dress agencies and charity shops; why not Catherine?

I find it interesting that people always pick on Catherine in this way. Madeleine in her 3rd pregnancy had a custom evening gown made for the Nobel Event. Didn't see anyone complain about that. Of course she might put it aside for her 4th pregnancy but she does have other suitable gowns.
I think that Madeleine can do what she wants, and so can Catherine.
Lighten up people.

:previous: We are all entitled to our own opinions. People really seem to take any comment that is less then glowing to Catherine, as an attack, and personal. Its neither, this is a fashion thread, our opinions, not an attack on her. You will find indeed that other royals, if you look at their fashion threads, get criticized for spending money as well. Madeleine certainly has been. It's not picking, we're not school children teasing someone.

Yes, her body is changing. But she also has a number of lovely coats from this pregnancy, from even last week. No reason she cant repeat.

The coat is meh. Its too short and the color is nothing great on her :sad:

Last edited:
The coat is not bad but is far from being her best on this pregnancy. It's a bit short, but the color is lovely.

And I agree with Countessmeout, this is a fashion thread, so it's fine to give our opinion on clothes the royals wear either we like them or dislike them. Different opinions make threads like this one interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom