The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, it's all relative!
There's ugly, and then there's uglier. ;)

Seriously though, it's time for Kate to dump Erdem. Those dresses do her no favors.

But actually I didn't find her dress yesterday that terrible.

Lord have mercy...who picked out these clothes!!!!!

Not quite as hideous as last night....but far from a good look.

Except the coat, love the coat!

LaRae

Natasha Archer her stylist perhaps? ;):D
I didn't know that Kate had a stylist but Hello Magazine and Tatler have articles about her.
I don't really have an opinion either way just some info

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...iddleton-prince-william-tour-team-revealed/4/
Everything you need to know about Natasha Archer, The Duchess of Cambridge's stylist | Tatler Magazine

Last edited:
The Coat and white dress today were very lovely as were Kate's earrings.

Amazing to me how she can get the daytime look so right two days in a row then bomb the evening dress so badly.

LaRae

Bit of a "meh" tonight. Not as awful as last night i would say, the color and the texture are nice.

Yes, I liked the white dress and the white one, but they are kind of plain. A brooch or scarf or maybe some pretty earrings would be in order.

Might be in the minority here, but I love the blue velvet dress on Kate. It's something different and edgy, but still really appropriate. And she looks divine in this color.

How about FOREVER ? This is DREADFUL...

If this is what they have to offer I'd agree...move on to something else.

LaRae

Sorry Princess Gertrude ..can't see how that blue dress is edgy in any way.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the red check houndstooth- CW coat. I can picture the Princess of Wales wearing it- I could also picture her wearing the blue suit Catherine wore for the Christmas card. Tonight’s evening dress- I love the fabric but something seems off. But compared to last night… This was also Erndem? Now on to Norway! Had something more to say- but forgot. Edit- the blue dress is growing on me…

Last edited:
The blue Erdem is not my taste - but it is attractive on her (no where in the league as yesterday). It is very elegant (and warm! - lets not forget she arrived by boat). Her evening coat was fabulous and i can see becoming a staple of her wardrobe for cold evenings. i hope more pictures surface from the boat ride.

Last edited:
I actually quite like this dress. I'm always here for a velvet dress and a funky sleeve, but the bottom could have been more sleek, for my taste. A blue or a pink pump would have been better than the black though.

I'm confused though, did she get a new stylist? These last two dresses are not what I'm used to seeing from her.

The blue Erdem is not my taste - but it is attractive on her (no where in the league as yesterday). It is very elegant (and warm! - lets not forget she arrived by boat). Her evening coat was fabulous and i can see becoming a staple of her wardrobe for cold evenings. i hope more pictures surface from the boat ride.

I so agree MichelleQ2. It's an elegant and cozy look plus a sartorial nod to Sweden's national color!:flowers:

Not a great pub for Erdem I fear.... two awful dresses in a row....bad !

I actually quite like this dress. I'm always here for a velvet dress and a funky sleeve, but the bottom could have been more sleek, for my taste. A blue or a pink pump would have been better than the black though.

I'm confused though, did she get a new stylist? These last two dresses are not what I'm used to seeing from her.

It's really retro. Were it short, it would have been something Twiggy modeled back in the 60s. It's not a horror, it's just not what we expected. I think both Kate and Vic were sort of evening casual tonight.

And how weird is it that Vic carried a blue clutch with a black skirt and Kate wore black shoes with the blue dress? I swear, they kibitzed ahead of time on their looks.

I'm really bemused by the contrast of the day and evening wear thus far on the trip. To wear Erdem two evenings in a row also seems 'wrong' .

Another day where there were two extremes. Excellent day, horrid evening.

I love the houndstooth coat. Fantastic color and style on her. Hope to see again :flowers:

The white dress was lovely. But like yesterday, could have used a brooch.

But the evening look :ermm: There was nothing edgy or vintage about it. If her mother had been pregnant in the 70's I would have thought Kate borrowed her mother's maternity clothes both night. Both look 60's/70's style and not the kind you see in a thrift shop and want to snap up.

While better then last night, only redeeming quality was a better color.

The coat was quite nice though ?

Here is hoping she tries a different designer for evening in Norway.

Wonderful cwalker coat, great shoes and bag and earrings. The gloves don’t go somehow. The cream boucle dress is just perfect, love the metallic thread running through it and it fits perfectly. I like the blue velvet, she looks warm and comfortable. The diamond hoops are just the right touch

I loved the day outfit! The dress for the evening - I didn’t hate it as much as some others but it’s definitely not one of her best looks.

I feel like when Kate goes all out and hits the mark with evening dress and especially formal wear she’s really unparalleled. The last couple of nights haven’t been examples of that.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a Catherine Walker & Co coat arriving in Norway today, February 1:

** Full view **

And without the coat at the Royal Palace:

** Full view dress **

For a visit to the Princess Ingrid Alexandra Sculpture Park the Duchess of Cambridge added a warm hat:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I like this dark blue dress, despite Erdem I am quite impressed with the fashion choices on this tour!

Last edited by a moderator:
The velvet Erdem is truly horrible I love the coat in Norway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom