The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 11: November 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From looking at the photos of some of the other ladies at the event, I tend to believe that it is William who is under dressed for the occasion.
It might have been worthwhile to select a traditional and practical guayabera shirt for him to wear for this tour. They're considered formal wear in the region.

[/URL]

I tend to agree with you. I also believe that Catherine's dress code for each occasion was already planned and approved of by her staff after their investigating on criteria per stop. She certainly didn't just grab outfits from her closet without consultation from experts. Every detail has been written in detail prior to leaving UK. If she does feel overdressed, I think she is just getting on with her duty and hiding her feelings for the problem, if any. JMO

I am IN LOVE with this dress. Loud and regal.

Very very elegant! Fantastic!!

Incredible color and the silhouette shows her off to perfection-love the swingy earrings, too!

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 11: November 2021 -

I’m going to be a lone voice here, but the style of the dress doesn’t wow me. I think it’s the bodice and the belt, which spoils it for me. I love the side view and the sleeves. The colour is certainly vibrant, but not one I think works on her complexion.
I find the mismatch of the Duke & Duchess a little strange - it’s very rare this happens. Looking at the other guests, I think she has misjudged the occasion.

Edited to add, a centre parting is an interesting variation.

Last edited:
The shiney possibility panne fabric and ruffled cap sleeves are good choices to add weight to a figure

The color is beautiful but I dislike the dress.

Kate looks pretty in the color….and I like her straighter hair, but Goodness, she is always fussing with her hair when it’s down. Maybe she needs to pull it back when going to functions.

Besides the tule on the neckline I like everything of this gown. The colour is great, the amount of sparkles is just right, the skirt is gorgeous. The tulle neckline somehow makes me think of the some gowns of Scandinavian Queens though lol.

The updo is lovely as well.

BTW the heels of the lady in navy gown in first pic are SOOOO high.

The duchess looks amazing and what a wonderful hairstyle.

The dress is beautiful and she looks amazing in it. But do I think it was appropiate for this tour? No. Not at all. Same as in Belize - her red/coral/pink dress is amazing and she looks equally beautiful in it, but was appropiate for where she is? No.

Just like I found her leaving Belize in one outfit, to then arrive in Jamaica in another to then another outfit for another engagement in a country which is considered third-world. To me, it's tone deaf and more feeds into the resentment toward the BRF. I feel their advisors did not "read the room" in regards to this tour whatsoever.

Her evening style has certainly evolved since her marriage.

The colour is strong and vibrant and a nod to the Jamaican flag.

The tulle and sequins reminds me of her ice blue Jenny Packham gown worn to the Diplomatic reception a few years ago.

When she wears outfits, I always think how will she rewear this again - with this gown I am really unsure if it will get a public rewear.

When I look at the pictures - I think its too Disney princes and I wished for a more modern sophisticated 40 year Kate

Although it is a bit Disney-esque ... I do love it. Wow! Wow! Wow!

When she wears outfits, I always think how will she rewear this again - with this gown I am really unsure if it will get a public rewear.

I am certainly of the opinion that CAtherine should get a lot more wear of her dresses than she currently does. IMO, this dress can definately be worn for a state banquet, or for the Diplomatic Reception. If she does not want to weart an off-the-shoulder dress for a white-tie event where she will have a sash on, she could wear to any number of grand Black Tie events like the BAFTAs.

When I look at the pictures - I think its too Disney princes and I wished for a more modern sophisticated 40 year Kate

Catherine has worn modern and sleek many a time, I think it is only now she has the confidence to wear a "big" dress.

The dress is beautiful and she looks amazing in it. But do I think it was appropiate for this tour? No. Not at all. Same as in Belize - her red/coral/pink dress is amazing and she looks equally beautiful in it, but was appropiate for where she is? No.

Just like I found her leaving Belize in one outfit, to then arrive in Jamaica in another to then another outfit for another engagement in a country which is considered third-world. To me, it's tone deaf and more feeds into the resentment toward the BRF. I feel their advisors did not "read the room" in regards to this tour whatsoever.

Out of interest what would you suggest she wore.

I am certainly of the opinion that CAtherine should get a lot more wear of her dresses than she currently does. IMO, this dress can definately be worn for a state banquet, or for the Diplomatic Reception. If she does not want to weart an off-the-shoulder dress for a white-tie event where she will have a sash on, she could wear to any number of grand Black Tie events like the BAFTAs.

I agree too many of her evening gowns never appear to get the light of day again.

I hope she rewears this gown - even reworked in a way at a future film premiere or the like.

We may wait and see

Besides the tule on the neckline I like everything of this gown. The colour is great, the amount of sparkles is just right, the skirt is gorgeous. The tulle neckline somehow makes me think of the some gowns of Scandinavian Queens though lol.

The updo is lovely as well.

BTW the heels of the lady in navy gown in first pic are SOOOO high.

This is the first time that I've seen Catherine in a very full skirted ball gown where as most of her other gowns have tended to have a slimmer skirt.

Yes I agree that this gown would be something I'd expect to see one of the Swedish royal ladies wearing.

That is one of the most amazing evening gowns the DoC has ever worn.

It's right up there with the white one-shoulder BAFTA gown and the gold James Bond goddess look.

Her hair is equally amazing and I love the idea of an updo but the chignon itself I don't care for.

All the little curls reminds me of a hairpiece.

It's right up there with the white one-shoulder BAFTA gown and the gold James Bond goddess look.

Funny you mention the white BAFTA gown - that was the one I was hoping to see be repeated on this tour. Thinking it would have suited the sunny climate and her tan.

Wow. Stunning gown. I love the vibrant shade of green and full skirt. It does look a bit princess-y, but I don’t recall her wearing many- if any- gowns like this. It’s fun. And she can pull it off.

Her up do is lovely.

I may be alone here- I like the color and the upper part, and the style,but overall it looks too mermaiden. Like a Disney Princess.

What should she have worn, and what’s wrong with changing clothes? The yellow showed respect to the country.

What should she have worn, and what’s wrong with changing clothes? The yellow showed respect to the country.

The wardrobe is all worked out ahead of time, with the dress code agreed upon by the hosts and visitors. If Catherine showed up in a ball gown and everyone else was wearing day dresses, I would say that would be a big mistake, but that hasn't happened here. Catherine's dresses have matched the style of the hosts.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 11: November 2021 -

I do like this dress, and think we will see it again - most likely BAFTA. Much as I like it, I was a little surprised that she choose this full on ball gown style for this particular tour. Perhaps more suited for a visit to European or North American countries. I think something a little less showy would have shown a sensitivity which is usually the case. She has some lovely gowns she has worn on other tours as well as for evening engagements in the UK which would have been a little less flamboyant.

There were a couple of evening dresses on the India / Bhutan tour that would have worked perfectly .

Last edited:
The other lady she is pictured with has a very similar type gown, check out the back view of them going up the stairs. Her was bright violet with a heavy lace low cut top and shiney full skirt.
I am not a fan of boney décolletage on anyone, therefore this is a firm no from me. I especially fine boney back views unappealing, see letitzia.
The hairdo is very interesting, I would have liked the front to be softer up top. The earrings are so wonderful, very 50’s, and I imagine from HM?

Out of interest what would you suggest she wore.

Catherine has many evening gowns in her wardrobe already that she could have modified or simply used. I just think both her evening attire were out of place.

Last edited:

I never voiced my opinion on the colour, but rather simply the number of changes of clothes, which were new and bespoke, in a very small window. This is my opinion, which everybody has the right to agree or disagree with :flowers:

I do like this dress, and think we will see it again - most likely BAFTA. Much as I like it, I was a little surprised that she choose this full on ball gown style for this particular tour. Perhaps more suited for a visit to European or North American countries. I think something a little less showy would have shown a sensitivity which is usually the case. She has some lovely gowns she has worn on other tours as well as for evening engagements in the UK which would have been a little less flamboyant.

There were a couple of evening dresses on the India / Bhutan tour that would have worked perfectly .

This! You summed up my sentiments FAAAAR better than me (looooong day at work)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom