The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lace over a nude lining is always a bad choice to me. It just really cheapens an otherwise very expensive lace. It probably looks better in movement though.

The black lace makes it even worse.

I prefer the older one too, at least it has some elegances.

This one of her worst look i am afraid
The dress is ugly and so nothing to the Duchess figure.

She has so many black dresses and so many lace dresses, why has she bought another "very same" dress? I dont like anything about the look, i hoped for an updo and some nice earrings..

Not a fan of this see-through look at all. The lace is lovely but would be much better in opaque!

Black lace over a nude lining again. Yawn. I do like the lower cut of the back. She needs a haircut &/or shorter extensions; IMO she looks much better & fresher with hair shoulder-length or just above.

:flowers: I’m not fond of the dress but the Duchess looks lovely as usual.

Same thoughts. Not fond of the dress at all but somehow she manages to look lovely nonetheless.

The Duchess of Cambridge at a NATO reception this evening, wearing a green Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Pic **

Didn't she wear the same or something similar again? This dress rings bell

Google only had one green Emilia wickstead dress for the DOCa. It’s nothing like this one.

DM are saying it’s from the autumn range but watches are spotting differences so this looks to be an altered or custom piece.

Catherine has dresses of a similar style to this.

From what I can see; Catherine looked gorgeous tonight - that shade of green suits her a lot!

Meh she wore a similar style of green dress recently...why another one by a different designer?

LaRae

Another unmemorable look that leaves people wondering 'is it new' :sad:

Google only had one green Emilia wickstead dress for the DOCa. It’s nothing like this one.

DM are saying it’s from the autumn range but watches are spotting differences so this looks to be an altered or custom piece.

Catherine has dresses of a similar style to this.

WHAT KATE WORE identifies the dress as McQueen.

That site speculated that a wide range of styles were in evidence, so perhaps no one was given any guidelines for the event.

Kate's dress is a very conservative dress in a bright color; what to wear when you are unsure. I think she looks lovely.

WHAT KATE WORE identifies the dress as McQueen.

That site speculated that a wide range of styles were in evidence, so perhaps no one was given any guidelines for the event.

Kate's dress is a very conservative dress in a bright color; what to wear when you are unsure. I think she looks lovely.

Looks like Rebecca English changed her tune this morning, last night it was Wickstead.

Yep they are all posting the updated info. Still..why another dress very similar to a green dress you already have. I don't get that. If it was a different color then yeah ...but she just wore a green dress in the same general style.

LaRae

Have to say I agree. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. It does seem an unnecessary addition to her wardrobe.

The Duchess of Cambridge at a NATO reception this evening, wearing a green Emilia Wickstead dress:

** Pic **

I dislike the dress. Beautiful color but I don’t like the design and style.

Yep they are all posting the updated info. Still..why another dress very similar to a green dress you already have. I don't get that. If it was a different color then yeah ...but she just wore a green dress in the same general style.

LaRae

It is difficult to comment on the specific style of dress the Duchess is wearing fro the NATO reception as we do not have any pictures displaying much of the dress.

As to why another dress in the same colour, i think most of the others in similar colours are coats or coat dresses, hardly appropriate for an indoor event. The only dress of hers in a similar shade of green that I can think of that might be appropriate for such an event was a Mulberry one dating back from 2012 that she wore to an event at the Natural History Musueum.

It looks very similar to another green dress she wore recently. If it was a totally different style the color wouldn't really matter. No one has said it's not appropriate etc etc.

LaRae

It looks very similar to another green dress she wore recently. If it was a totally different style the color wouldn't really matter. No one has said it's not appropriate etc etc.

LaRae

Might you be referring to the fitted coat dress with white trousers worn in Pakistan, or perhaps the modern green boucle dress with the "eye" pockets she wore to a school last winter, or the dress she wore in LA for an event in 2011? Post 42 on this page has quite a lot of her dresses and coats in similar colours.

Last edited:

LaRae

Might you be referring to the fitted coat dress with white trousers worn in Pakistan, or perhaps the modern green boucle dress with the "eye" pockets she wore to a school last winter, or the dress she wore in LA for an event in 2011? Post 42 on this page has quite a lot of her dresses and coats in similar colours.

Catherine has worn a number of green dresses over the years and several this year, but as Muriel has pointed out, there were only two outfits in this shade of green this year. This one is very different from those two-neither would have been suitable for this event.

Nope.

LaRae

I am not the only person who felt like this dress was very similar to another one she has worn this year. You don't have to agree. Repeating the same thing over to me is not going to make any difference in my view.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
This one for the similarity?

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...s-aross-x-soler-ahead-of-pakistan-royal-visit

Or?

https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...lce-gabbana-repeat-for-wimbledon-womens-final
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...-wickstead-dress-for-opening-of-kantor-centre
https://www.gettyimages.com.au/deta...reen-beulah-london-dress-to-launch-familyline

She also had a couple dark green coats and a dark green evening gown, but that seems to be it this year (so far) for green.

I'm just trying to figure out why people think it looks familiar.

Last edited:
Doesn't even look similar in style...no.

What Kate Wore has the dress on her site. Beulah Yahvi dress in green. It would of been totally suitable for the Reception. It is in a very similar style as the McQueen she did wear.

LaRae

I guess I'm missing what some are finding similar about the Beulah dress. I don't see a similarity in style or color.:flowers:

I do think it would be very unusual for Kate to rewear a dress she had worn just 2 weeks ago and for a third time this year.

It's very similar in the basic style and both are green even if not the same shade (which was not said to begin with). She already has green dresses in the same style was the general comment....at least change the color up or wear what you already have.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom