The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this dress is better than the one earlier.

Not huge fan of the dress i think something is off maybe the sleeves
The color is lovely thought

I like the material and style minus the fussy sleeves. Much, much better than the earlier dress. Just wish she had been more adventurous in her choice of shoe colour.

I love the fabric and the color, but wish it had either ruffles on the sleeves or a ruffle at the hem, but not both. She still looks lovely, though.

I think I’d like it if it were any other colour than green, I mean we know they’re in Ireland. I’d love this particularly with the hair down in a bright an vibrant red, pink or purple.

Wait... isn't that the exact same shiny emerald green Vampire's Wife dress that Beatrice wore on her first night out after her engagement announcement last Fall?:ohmy:

Wait... isn't that the exact same shiny emerald green Vampire's Wife dress that Beatrice wore on her first night out after her engagement announcement last Fall?:ohmy:

Kate’s is slightly modified. Beatrice’s sleeve ruffles were different, she had double flounces on the hem and a same fabric tie belt.

:previous: Ok...thank you ...I gasped...thinking that for the first and perhaps only time in history, Beatrice and Kate wore the same dress!

I like Kate's version better, but not by much. I just don't like the material. But her hair is amazing.?

A few more photos showing Catherine at the Guinness Storehouse reception in Dublin

http://www.replicateroyalty.co.uk/u...uchess-kate-at-guinness-storehouse-reception/

"We saw a new pair of heels from Manolo Blahnik. These are the ‘BB’ green velvet heels in 105mm height. The velvet is so dark, they almost appear black in the evening light!" I thought she was wearing black heels but apparently they are dark velvet green.

The above website also shows a close up of the clutch she is carrying - Wilbur & Gussie ‘Charlie’ gold clutch. I really like this clutch!

The large metal earrings from H&M were worn previously in 2017.

I thought Catherine looked great!

As for Princess Beatrice's dress also from The Vampire's Wife it can be seen here. http://www.replicateroyalty.co.uk/m...princess-beatrice-at-ellie-gouldings-wedding/

Really wish she chose another color. We get it you are in Ireland, you don’t have to be a walking shamrock. Day time green was more then enough.

Totally agree - tone down the green Kate. I think I dark ruby red would have been nice nod to being in the home of Guinness (which is actually dark red and not black)

The ruffles again - no Kate please stop they are so 80s and not becoming to you.

Oh Kate ! I do love you but you're looking like a walking ad for Quality Street ...

That green dress photographed really well. Making it a great choice for the venue.

I get it that y'all don't love all the green, but she is one of few that really rock that color. And I am too, so I have bias. Poor green get such a bad rap.

Personally, I think if you are going to do a high/low hem, it has to be a bit more high. This almost looks like a mistake.

She looks lovely in green! I don't mind the dress with the exception of the ruffle on the hem.

Dear Lord. Again. So much money & ressources yet 9/10 when it is cocktail attire or black tie she fails.

I don't have words for how awful this dress looks. The only good thing I see is at least she isn't wearing one of her old lady hairstyles. This is the best up-do she has had in years.

I love, love, love her hair but for me, this is one of those rare misses from her on the dress. I'm not deadset against the magenta or even the magenta with black polka dots and black heels but I'm very against the cut/collar. That material could have been a really fun but stunning dress and instead it's just...not.

The Duchess of Cambridge this evening watching a performance of Dear Evan Hansen in London:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERpSLs1WsAAzPDu?format=jpg&name=medium

The dress is by London brand Eponine and her shoes are Jimmy Choo.

I find the dress very beautiful and elegant. She looks great.

The Duchess of Cambridge at an evening reception at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin today, March 3, wearing a dress by designer The Vampire's Wife:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

I think the dress is awful. Great color but I dislike the fabric and design.

Whilst I don't find it awful I'm not keen on the ruffles and it does look a little dated.

Sorry but this look is hideous at best. What was she thinking????:eek:

She seems to have a thing with magenta and Oscar de la renta. Her suit by Oscar is a very similar color to this. The color is one thing I can handle.

The overall cut is her usual grandma's closet chic. Matronly and boring. :ermm:

But that ridiculous collar has taken it from grandma to Clown car chic.

It may be vintage but some vintage should be burned, sorry.

I actually like the dress, I would love it were the ruffles gone. The colour is divine on her and hair do is amazing.

The ruffle is what keeps the dress from being a hit for me. I love the color.

Her hair looks fabulous.

Oh boy , the dust ruffles , never a good addition to any dress

From Princess Sybilla / princess Madeleine to any Erdem no "dust ruffel " has IMO added any style to any dress . They simply "age" any wearer , Ghastly

Whilst I don't find it awful I'm not keen on the ruffles and it does look a little dated.

Dated for sure. That is a throw back to the Second World War! The neck ruffles were all the rage for Sunday Go-To-Meetings while all the men were fighting. The really posh old ladies wore their Fox pieces around their shoulders positioned so that those fu-fu ruffles showed. As a kid I always thought they looked like those awful pictures of Queen Elizabeth I with the ruffles and that awful hair of QEI. Sincerely hope just a passing fancy. Otherwise I do like the material and color.

Dated for sure. That is a throw back to the Second World War! The neck ruffles were all the rage for Sunday Go-To-Meetings while all the men were fighting. The really posh old ladies wore their Fox pieces around their shoulders positioned so that those fu-fu ruffles showed. As a kid I always thought they looked like those awful pictures of Queen Elizabeth I with the ruffles and that awful hair of QEI. Sincerely hope just a passing fancy. Otherwise I do like the material and color.

You might not be that far off. The website
https://whatkatewore.com/2020/03/04...r-de-la-renta-at-dublin-reception/#more-64078 Calling the dress a vintage Oscar de la Renta - "There is no way of knowing where the Duchess acquired the piece, be it from a relative, a personal shopper or stylist, or a retailer specializing in vintage luxury designs. If it is the latter, one London possibility is always William Vintage, purveyor of vintage one-of-a-kind designs to notable names like Amal Clooney, Victoria Beckham and Rihanna."

Further commentary "reminiscent of Diana, Princess of Wales, who was fond of pie-crust collars and polka dots." So I think many if us will agree it's from another time period.:D

Minus the "pie-crust collar, I like the color, style and fit of the dress and I especially like Catherines pony tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom