The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful dress; if she needs someone to donate it to, I'd be happy to receive it.

The color is divine, the cut if the dress is simple but lovely... The Duchess looks nice

The duchess looked really lovely ,though I was surprised not to see a coat in December!

I am not a fan of this dress. It is rather blah to me. Maybe it looks better in person?

LaRae

I really love it and the earrings are gorgeous

She looks lovely,

Yes, I agree. The dress completely upscale and same type on all the prime fashion house runways. Only problem I can see is that a very slim shape is required, which of course, Catherine has. Ruffles are a very feminine throw back to when women always dressed "fancy" in the 1940/50s. Glad to see them being used again and on materials that will not require ironing after every use like "back-in-the-day.

I wish Kate would not wear those huge shoulder pads in her outfits! They make her look very boxy. I do like the print and length of the dress.

I am disappointed that they royal couple and people around them are not wearing masks. Many people look up to the Royal Couple and will follow what they do, if the don’t see them wearing a mask, then they won’t wear a mask. Hence the virus could spread.

I am disappointed that they royal couple and people around them are not wearing masks. Many people look up to the Royal Couple and will follow what they do, if the don’t see them wearing a mask, then they won’t wear a mask. Hence the virus could spread.

I appreciate things are different in the US, but regualtions in the UK do not require us to wear masks when outside. W&C are in complaince with the UK regulations, so I really do not think the criticism is valid.

Gorgeous is a stretch. Nice dress.

It would get more points if not for the ruffled bib and shoulders going on. Its not as obvious from a distance, except in the shoulder area. But close up.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/12/11/the-duchess-in-alessandra-rich-for-festive-family-outing/

Leave the juvenile ruiffled bibs for your daughter. And only for a few years.
I'm not a fan of the dress. I do love the print, but the rest of it is pretty much all 'meh' for me. But 'juvenile'? Really? Not to mention that ruffles are showing up more often than not and can be 'in' in a few months time... :whistling:

I'm not a fan of the dress. I do love the print, but the rest of it is pretty much all 'meh' for me. But 'juvenile'? Really? Not to mention that ruffles are showing up more often than not and can be 'in' in a few months time... :whistling:

Not all 'trends' are good. There is a reason they are 'in' for a few months

And yes a ruffled bib belongs on a child's pinafore, not a grown woman.

Not all 'trends' are good. There is a reason they are 'in' for a few months

And yes a ruffled bib belongs on a child's pinafore, not a grown woman.
*in your opinion, that is, while respecting that some members might like them, right? :whistling:

Also, I didn't say that they'll be 'in' for a few months but in a few months. Who knows, maybe they'll be back for a year... or ten :lol:

She looks very poised at the podium in the last picture. I am not sure about the outfit...I like plaid and I like trench coats but just not sure about this one. The fits seems odd but it may be a late 80's style coming back into fashion.

I adored the plaid scarf she wore yesterday!

I love the plaid trench, and the colors (blue and green) are just stunning on Catherine.

Has anyone sourced her earrings? Are they new? I thought they were her tanzanites, but in the closeup, they look different.

(I was really happy to see her in normal, well-fitted black pants earlier too. But of course, the jeggings came out too)

I really like the jacket. Looks great on her.

Has anyone sourced her earrings? Are they new? I thought they were her tanzanites, but in the closeup, they look different.
/QUOTE]

The earrings are from HM's Dubai sapphire and diamond demi-parure.

I like trench coats, I like pattern, but maybe not trench coats with patterns.

Well, it certainly isn't subtle and those big brassy buttons make it blingy and brash. I prefer her more elegant styles.

The Duchess of Cambridge in Alexander McQueen at the G7 reception and the Big Lunch Event this evening:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
Another coat dress. I like it but cream definitely isn't something I'd personally be brave enough to wear when the first course is Gazpacho!

Another coat dress. I like it but cream definitely isn't something I'd personally be brave enough to wear when the first course is Gazpacho!

It's okay; another course has clotted cream later. ?

I don't know whether it's just that she has taken a general break from the coat dresses with everything going on in the world and the family lately, but this one looks particularly nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom