The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 31: April - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 31 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 30: July 2021 - March 2022 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I was catching up on my People and saw Kate in Ireland in purple in September. Loved it. Needs to wear it more often.

eye said:
Duchess of Cambridge at the Thanksgiving Service for the Duke of Edinburgh today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPArLDtW...g&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPAqsxHX...jpg&name=large
I have looked at Catherine's ensemble several times, many photos and many videos and have taken my time to make sure I was not being too picky but, IMO this ensemble is right on par with her tour wardrobe, mostly chic and elegant but not for the engagement she was attending.

The drop waist pleated silk dress was very chic, and her accessories were perfect. The hat is amazing in its restrained elegance and her stratospheric pumps were the most elegant pumps she has worn in ages. But, taken as a whole, I would expect it to be worn at Ascot where its knee-high slit would be an object of conjecture as to how far up it went, not at a Memorial Service and it had too many echos of Diana's white and black polka dot dress as the tabloids were quick to publish comparative photos.

It's not that Catherine doesn't have an appropriate wardrobe, she most certainly does. Her vast array of dresses is beyond amazing . . . . but, she rarely seems to recycle anything. I know that fashion changes but most of Catherine's early wardrobe was in the "classic" category and is thus as easily worn in 2022 as they were in 2011 or 2016. Unfortunately, they all languish in the wardrobe, obviously deemed relics of another time and my first reaction is, as many others have stated, "What, another new dress!"

On one hand I like that she isn't in same shade of colour from head to toe this time, on the other hand I dislike there are three completely irrelevant blues. Great to see that coat again, still dislike the bandeau but like her hair.

Last edited:
Beautiful shade of blue of the Duchess of Cambridge and perfect for the Easter Service at St. George's Chapel today.

I love the coat, it's elegant and timeless and, as always, fits DoC to absolute perfection. I also love the bandeau style of hats she is wearing from time to time, a nice change of pace.

The whole family looks great, Windsor suits them well... :whistling:

On one hand I like that she isn't in same shade of colour from head to toe this time, one the other hand I dislike there are three completely irrelevant blues. Great to see that coat again, still dislike the bandeau but like her hair.
Great coat for the duchess but this bandeau is a bit girlish and doesn't match the whole ouftit

I love the coat, it's elegant and timeless and, as always, fits DoC to absolute perfection. I also love the bandeau style of hats she is wearing from time to time, a nice change of pace.

I agree! Color-coordinated family and making an elegant appearance.

Agreed. The coat is lovely. Beautiful shade of blue. Perfect for Easter.

Love the bandeau. It’s a fun headpiece.

Agreed. The coat is lovely. Beautiful shade of blue. Perfect for Easter.

Love the bandeau. It’s a fun headpiece.

Great look. I like that the coat, shoes, bandeau, earrings, handbag have all been used previously.

Catherine's bandeau is a lovely shade of blue for Eastertime.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking great in Alexander McQueen at a Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving as part of the ANZAC Day celebrations at Westminster Abbey today, April 25:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Upper part ** July 2015 **

Last edited:
Personally really disappointed that the trend of open-crown hat has spread to UK. *Sigh* Drop that black bow and turn it into a gorgeous kokoshnik/bandeau.

A really lovely fresh and polished look on the Duchess for the service.

The Duchess of Cambridge looking great in Alexander McQueen at a Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving as part of the ANZAC Day celebrations at Westminster Abbey today, April 25:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** Upper part ** July 2015 **

Great look. The coat dates back to 2015, when it was worn to Charlotte's christening. Since then it has been worn at the Troopng, once in Belgium and now, today.

I'm not exactly fond of the bow placement but the general hat shape looks wonderful on Catherine and presumably would with an updo as well.

The black accents in the shoes, bag and hat are perfection in their proportions. I love a look that looks effortlessly elegant.

For me, this is a giant miss. Who wears an ensemble suitable for a christening to an ANZAC Remembrance service. IMHO who wouldn't look sideways at her turning up like that to Remembrance Day services. Her muted shades are far more complimentary and acceptable.

As for the latest fascinator style, black bow or not, it is a different colour and texture to that of her dress. Regardless, the new headwear that is all the rage looks like either a doughnut from behind, so much so it looks just plain silly. ?

White is an alternative colour for mourning. The QM famously changed all her outfits for a tour when her mother died and technically she was still in mourning. Everything she wore was white.
Some royal family's wear white for mourning.

For me, this is a giant miss. Who wears an ensemble suitable for a christening to an ANZAC Remembrance service. IMHO who wouldn't look sideways at her turning up like that to Remembrance Day services. Her muted shades are far more complimentary and acceptable.

As for the latest fascinator style, black bow or not, it is a different colour and texture to that of her dress. Regardless, the new headwear that is all the rage looks like either a doughnut from behind, so much so it looks just plain silly. ?

White and shades thereof are worn as mourning colours. Catherine also wore the very same outfit a few years ago for a service in Belgium to mark the Battle of Passchendaele.

Yes it's silly on everyone:ROFLMAO:.

BTW regarding the texture, when I saw the close-up, it actually reminds me this coat she has worn before
(pretty sure the white is different though).

White and shades thereof are worn as mourning colours. Catherine also wore the very same outfit a few years ago for a service in Belgium to mark the Battle of Passchendaele.
White may very well be the colour of mourning in some countries, but Australia and New Zealand are not among them, and neither is the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom