The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I believe that you are correct and that the coat has been altered from its previous maternity look.

Particularly like today’s second outfit .

I think all of the outfits are okay (I do like that blue coat) - nothing earth shattering, but as always immaculately styled and tailored to perfection.

I also wouldn't be surprised if all the outfits we'll be seeing on this tour will be repeats of something that Catherine already wore on public engagements.

I think all of the outfits are okay (I do like that blue coat) - nothing earth shattering, but as always immaculately styled and tailored to perfection.

Exactly what, IMO, was required. Nothing too OTT, but elegant, well tailored clothes, showcasing British fashion.

Same coat from earlier in the day, just changed the outfit.

The sweater is new, by Brora.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/12/07/its-a-mix-of-old-and-new-for-train-tour-evening-events/

Not my favorite sweater, a bit old lady for me.

Her looks today are her usual- meh looks. But at least not too granny except the sweater. The light blue coat from the morning was by far the best.

The best fashion piece of the day was her husband's scarf.

Exactly what, IMO, was required. Nothing too OTT, but elegant, well tailored clothes, showcasing British fashion.

You can look classic and elegant without looking 20 years older.

People seem to over look the fact she wears a number of non British brands.

Her looks today are her usual- meh looks. But at least not too granny except the sweater. The light blue coat from the morning was by far the best.
(...)
You can look classic and elegant without looking 20 years older.
Well I do love the sweater and I actually pre-orded it a few minutes ago. And, oh lord, I'm younger than Catherine... What does it say about me?! :lol:

I also don't think it's fair to say that she dresses older than she is, but in general I don't like the idea that you have to dress for an age. When you find that something that looks good on you, go for it. Catherine has a specific, but very cohesive, style (working for her, IMO) that fits her position, she's adjusting it to the occassion as required and always looks put together.

You might not like it, but fortunately a lot of people do.

Another really nice Festive look on the duchess today in Cardiff.

I was hoping we might see the tartan skirt from the Christmas party at Kensington Palace - it seemed an obvious and appropriate choice for the tour.

Festive Kate looks great so far with her fashion choices - mostly repeats which is great

Always a fan of a stylist coat.

Well I do love the sweater and I actually pre-orded it a few minutes ago. And, oh lord, I'm younger than Catherine... What does it say about me?! :lol:

I also love the sweater; it's a classic.

And I'm pleased the Duchess is repeating clothing. In these times, it would send the wrong message if she's in brand-new designer coats for every stop.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of coats that long where you only see the shoes. But I do love her other coats right below the knee where you can see part of the legs (she has one in brown and several green which I adore). But I guess it's the current trend.

Nevertheless, I love red and the tartan skirt. It was a nice idea to wear a scarf with the same pattern as the skirt.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of coats that long where you only see the shoes. But I do love her other coats right below the knee where you can see part of the legs (she has one in brown and several green which I adore). But I guess it's the current trend.

It is very much the current trend to wear very long coats.

I think she might like the long coats because it is cold and cover her more, I do not blame her for that I would do the same! I love all her tartans clothing I think it is fantastic she use it ! And I love all her coats I want them all! I had been trying to find a red coat and a burgundy one but I don't find anything I like

Interesting that when I saw the first photo of the tour I dislike the green coat (which she wore it with boots), but I like it when I saw her wearing it with block heels. Anyway I realize the boots are probably for practical reason (weather or comfortability) so let pass it. Same for the red coat she wore later, I like the coats but not with boots. I actually like the navy coat too, though I am not sure about the wide pants. Personally never a fans of the CW blue coat (I hate that collar design) that's a lovely color on her.

I actually like to see her in such long coats then these shorter (knee or just below knee length), I think it suit her better.

A beautiful coat. Have we seen this before?

How can you all her similar coats and dresses and clothings tell apart?

Its a nice coat, but to me it looks familiar.

That green coat looks familiar. Love the earrings and hairstyle.;)

It is very much the current trend to wear very long coats.
I see that makes sense.:flowers: (though they are probably comfortable and warm to wear in winter).

Even though I'm not a fan of these long coats (the coats themselves are nice, but I dislike the length), I do prefer these coats over the extremely short coats she wore during the first years of marriage (and even during pregnancy with George).

Either way, I would still pick the ones in between, at the knee or right below the knee.

I was hoping we might see the tartan skirt from the Christmas party at Kensington Palace - it seemed an obvious and appropriate choice for the tour.

Festive Kate looks great so far with her fashion choices - mostly repeats which is great

I think she wore it under her red coat from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom