The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2020, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I have to admit I don't like it as it is far too matronly for her. Even Camilla's blouse looks less fussy than that.
I agree I'm not a fan either and it reminds me of a 70's pajamas pattern.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Blouse is okay, certainly better than the collared look from last week. I do agree that she wears prints that can be ageing.

Old 11-23-2020, 08:14 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message for the 5 Big Questions survey released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-23-2020, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The duchess looks lovely and a really nice hairstyle too.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

I really like the pink blouse. It’s a good color on her.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not that I want to trivialise what Kate had to say in her early years speech, but the royal blue dress she is wearing was last seen for her first public speech at EACH in Norfolk not long after they were married, and is meant to have been borrowed from her mother.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-speech.html
Old 11-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cambridge during her keynote speech during the What the UK Thinks About the Early Years forum, wearing a mauve jacket by Massimo Dutti:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-27-2020, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

That's a really nice jacket and look on the duchess,very smart.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the use of blazers in the last three looks. The pink sweater and navy blazer is a very good combo for her (and most people). Mauve and white very pretty and the crew necklines suit her very well, especially with the pretty gold necklace. navy dress and white blazer another winner. Good working uniforms for her.
The early childhood issue is so important, kudos.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:11 PM
Aristocracy

I like the layering outfits Kate wears as it makes her look healthy. Som clothes make her look way to thin. The kids must be keeping her up at night. She looks tired in the pictures but has a smile on her face.
Old 11-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge is pictured during a Social Media Q&A on the early years project

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En7GWAqX...name=4096x4096
Old 11-28-2020, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I find her last outfits very appropriate and elegant,very nicely chosen
Old 11-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ugh another giant bow At least the color is nice.

I really like her last few blazer looks. Sleek, professional, age appropriate
Old 11-29-2020, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Very pretty purple blouse for her.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really love the colour and I don't mind the bow,the duchess is beautifully styled.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree she always looks sleek and polished but I find myself liking her choices less and less. It’s not that there is anything that jars , indeed she can look pretty good in most things, it’s just a bit too safe and fairly predictable. I wish she would occasionally experiment a little more. Just one thing -perhaps a statement piece of jewellery or a more layered look would make a world of difference . However, given the type of engagements she has been undertaking recently, I appreciate it would be ill judged to draw attention away from the serious nature of the causes she is backing. I just don’t enjoy her style right now.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A nice colour for Catherine. It would've been nice to get a better view of the outfit but from what I can see, she looks good.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-30-2020, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I agree she always looks sleek and polished but I find myself liking her choices less and less. It’s not that there is anything that jars , indeed she can look pretty good in most things, it’s just a bit too safe and fairly predictable. I wish she would occasionally experiment a little more. Just one thing -perhaps a statement piece of jewellery or a more layered look would make a world of difference . However, given the type of engagements she has been undertaking recently, I appreciate it would be ill judged to draw attention away from the serious nature of the causes she is backing. I just don’t enjoy her style right now.
I think you are right, these are neither the events nor the times to draw attention to her clothes or jewellery.

I think it is good that she seems to have perfected a certain classic look that works for her. Some feel that she can dress "younger", but I think a lot of her restraint may, in part, be a nod to her position. That said, I think in recent years, she has been far more experimental, all within the confines of her self defined boundries. I would certainly like to see her introduce more jewellery into her repetoire, but she has again demosntrated that when required, she can step up her game in that department.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

People are going to talk about her clothes no matter what.

She isn't dressing like this so she 'doesn't take attention from the pandemic'. She is dressing like this because this has been her style for the past decade, and she has no desire to change it. Upside eventually her age will match her style in a decade or so.

I guess if trying a new pattern to her same style dress or blouse, is 'experimenting' I guess she has.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message marking the end of the Hold Still community exhibition, wearing a red Zara blazer:

** Pic **

And wearing a blue caridgan by Boden during a virtual meeting this week:

** Pic **
I love the red jacket and the blue cardigan is beautiful.

Quote:
A nice blouse for the Duchess of Cambridge during a video meeting this week:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11...5974835352.jpg
I dislike the print. I find it awful.

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message for the 5 Big Questions survey released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
An elegant look. I love the blouse.

Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge during her keynote speech during the What the UK Thinks About the Early Years forum, wearing a mauve jacket by Massimo Dutti:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I love the outfit. Beautiful color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge is pictured during a Social Media Q&A on the early years project

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En7GWAqX...name=4096x4096
I love the color but not the style and design.