The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think minus the shoulder det1ils the coat is great fit,however i agree that she doesn't need another black military coat
Love the hat BTW

Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

I thought , Kate look very smart on Sunday, also I think better that her hair was up.

Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

I was wondering about how many black coats Catherine has - a quick look on the internet of past Remembrance Sundays suggest at least seven or eight different ones - although it's possible some have been re-worked to use again.

As for Catherine's hairstyle, I particularly like the style she had yesterday as it's very formal indeed for the occasion.

I don't like the coat that much. But it fits well. Lovely hairstyle and hat.

Does someone here have pictures of her previous military-coats?

I agree that this is likely a coat that has been restyled for the event.

Not a fan of the military style motifs on Catherine's outfit. A bit Mary Poppins like for me!

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfection today. However I too think she should keep these coats on rotation. Love the epaulettes especially, who made it?
Her hat fits and fits her perfectly, and her hair is also so suited to the hat and showing her face.

Perfection today. However I too think she should keep these coats on rotation. Love the epaulettes especially, who made it?
Her hat fits and fits her perfectly, and her hair is also so suited to the hat and showing her face.

The Remembrance coat was Alexander McQueen. That was Sunday though.

What an awful blouse! Please, Catherine, don't wear it again! The style is wrong, the fabric is wrong, everything feels wrong about it!

I dislike the outfit. I don't like the style and design.

Kate wearing a boo blouse by Ghost today for a video call.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/11/10/the-duchess-wears-ghost-london-for-remembrance-week-call/

I can't find anything to like. The oversized scalloped collar is just weird looking. Never a fan of the Peter Pan type collar, but with the satin material its even worse IMO. Definitely not one of her nicer blouses.

I find the blouse awful.

Its not great but possible she is wearing a black collared blouse becuase of its being Armisitice day....

I don't like the blouse at all, but I think it looks right for the occasion. By that I mean it displays the poppies well.

I'm not sure what to make of the white and black blouse at all - it sort of has a Pierrot vibe about it and it also reminds me of Chanel, but they tend to use a black ribbon at the neck-line.

Its not great but possible she is wearing a black collared blouse becuase of its being Armisitice day....

I appreciate the reason for the black and white, but I struggle to see the justification for the design of the blouse.

I'm not a fan of this blouse as shown in the photos. However, if we could see the effect of the blouse with the skirt she is wearing I wonder if the whole thing might be a little less jarring. I think dressing for video appearances can end up giving quite a different appearance than when we can see the entire ensemble. It looks as though Catherine is wearing a black skirt, which might balance out that super wide collar. I do like the way the black highlights the poppies.

Last edited:
A couple of posts have been removed as off-topic! Please remember that this is a fashion thread, thank you!

I don't mind the blouse but it seems a bit juvenile on Catherine. Better for an older teen or someone in their early-mid twenties IMO.

The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message marking the end of the Hold Still community exhibition, wearing a red Zara blazer:

** Pic **

And wearing a blue caridgan by Boden during a virtual meeting this week:

** Pic **

The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message marking the end of the Hold Still community exhibition, wearing a red Zara blazer:

** Pic **

** Pic **

I read on Twitter that the red Zara jacket dates back to at least 2012, and was used during the Olympics

A nice look clothes wise for Catherine, but her makeup here is too harsh for my personal taste!

** Pic **

** Pic **

Red blazer from the Olympics.

The color is great and I love her necklace. But I hate the gathered shoulders on that blazer. Dates the coat.

The cardigan is a pretty color.

:previous: Nice pattern on the blouse. Best look on her in a while. :flowers:

The blouse is American brand Michael Kors.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/11/21/the-duchess-wears-michael-kors-for-video-call/

The Duchess of Cambridge has been voted the most stylish royal in the world. She is the number one royal style icon, according to research conducted by online fashion platform Farfetch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...Kate-Middleton-voted-stylish-royal-world.html

In fairness she was the only royal on the list. It was a fashion list not 'royal' list. And some of these sites have very limited concept of royals outside the UK.

I have to admit I don't like it as it is far too matronly for her. Even Camilla's blouse looks less fussy than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom