The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2020, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

As far as I am concerned there can never be too much teal, so I am loving this color on Catherine. Since the coat is unfastened, that's about the sum total of my commentary on the coat, but the rest of the outfit looks fine for the engagement.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Courtier

I'm a little late to the party this week so bear with me but...the D & G suit from yesterday isn't my favorite. It's fine, I guess, but she has so many outfits that I much prefer. I think for me it's something about the fact that she's very long waisted and so this particular cut/fit seems a bit odd to me. It's the exact same feeling I have when she wears that similarly cut purple suit. It looks perfectly appropriate for the occasion and the length and style are fine for her age, etc. it just looks like doesn't fit just quite right in the waist area.

As for today's outfit...I adore that coat. The rest of the outfit was fine and looked very appropriate and comfortable for what she was doing and her boots were cute but that coat...I adore everything about it including the color.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

Love the whole look from today especially the boots
Old 01-29-2020, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Catherine looks gorgeous and I like the coat on her a lot - thought it would be a lot worse judging from some of the comments here!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-30-2020, 12:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I haven't seen a negative comment except wishing to see it done up

The coat is a fantastic color and style. I even love the booties.

But that shirt Sorry between the detailing and the neck she needs to give her grandmother back her shirt. It ruins an otherwise modern look.

Id
-top is by French brand Sezane
-boots by Italian brand Aquatalia
-earrings are a repeat, British brand Accessorize
Coat and jeans are yet to be identified.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This is a great look for the Duchess..smart and elegant...another coat i really want to have myself
Old 01-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
https://twitter.com/elliotwagland/st...129728/photo/1

I love this look! Today at the Holocaust Memorial event.

LaRae
A very elegant outfit. She looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Catherine is at Evelina London Children's Hospital today she's wearing Dolce and Gabbana, a repeat outfit from February 2019.

February 2019 Outing

January 2020 Outing
I love this outfit. Beautiful print and color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cambridge at LEYF Stockwell Gardens Nursery and Pre-school in London today, January 29:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **
I love the coat but not the blouse.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Catherine looks gorgeous and I like the coat on her a lot - thought it would be a lot worse judging from some of the comments here!

Yes I know what you mean. When I read the first couple of comments I was a bit surprised, but then I realized how much people really admired the coat.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I too love the look at the the kindy and her Holocaust appearance as well.... back to the kindy I am not usually a fan of that colour but I love it on Kate
Old 01-31-2020, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I haven't seen a negative comment except wishing to see it done up

The coat is a fantastic color and style. I even love the booties.

But that shirt Sorry between the detailing and the neck she needs to give her grandmother back her shirt. It ruins an otherwise modern look.

Id
-top is by French brand Sezane
-boots by Italian brand Aquatalia
-earrings are a repeat, British brand Accessorize
Coat and jeans are yet to be identified.
At a quick first glance I thought the top was a sweater and honestly, I'd have been really okay with that. Then I saw that it was really this blouse and nope, I'm not a fan. Still in love with the coat, though.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Courtier

I really like the teal coat. The color is lovely and the style is a classic. But honestly, did she really need another coat in the blue/green family? The outfit under the coat is horribly inappropriate in my opinion. I wish she would spend some of her coat money on some classic cut trousers in neutral colors (for example: black, navy, grey, camel). She could get lots of wear out of them and would present a professional image instead of looking like she ran out to get groceries.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:28 PM
Courtier

According to an article in The Telegraph, the coat was petrol blue (to me that's more blue than teal) & it's likened to Farrow & Ball's paint colour Hague Blue, which is on the walls of my conservatory & yes I'd love a coat in the same shade!
Old 02-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Duchess of Cambridge visited Mumbles and Port Talbot in Wales today, February 4, wearing an Hobbs coat and a Zara skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Old 02-04-2020, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely.....
Old 02-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like the blue and red ...not sure about the scarf, not sure I really care for that much. William needs some fashion help though!

LaRae
Old 02-04-2020, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Again, a good classic coat style and color. Unfortunately, the coat looks like it is a little too small in places. Either that or she has more layers on underneath than the coat can accommodate.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Duchess of Cambridge visited Mumbles and Port Talbot in Wales today, February 4, wearing an Hobbs coat and a Zara skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Happy with the look, but did she really need another blue coat?
Old 02-04-2020, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes I had a similar thought...I love navy, but she's got navy and every other shade of blue already. Just wear those again.

LaRae
Old 02-04-2020, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

It's a very nice coat, and I like the little hearts on the scarf, although I'm not loving the scarf over all. It doesn't look tight to me, but I may not have seen some of the photos that show that. Navy is a good basic, so it doesn't ping my "another blue coat!" radar the way another powder or Wedgewood blue one would have.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks great.
It's a nice basic coat, and the scarf adds a note of fun.
(I often think she should wear more scarves).