The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks a bit too 'British Airways' for me. If she'd worn one of her green coats instead of the navy, she'd have been in the Welsh colours of red, green & white - the locals would like that.

Were any of the designers from Wales?

Zara dress
Beaulah scarf
Hobbs coat
Mulberry clutch
Asprey Oak Leaf Earrings
Daniella Draper pendant necklace

Zara dress
Beaulah scarf
Hobbs coat
Mulberry clutch
Asprey Oak Leaf Earrings

No. Besides Zara, they are all English brands not Welsh.

Rarely a fan of her double breasted coats and agree this one looks to be pulling on her. I love scarves but I don’t think this one goes at all with the coat. I agree with the comment she looks like a flight attendant.

Wish she had worn one of her other blue coats as this one is not flattering.

It looks a bit too 'British Airways' for me. If she'd worn one of her green coats instead of the navy, she'd have been in the Welsh colours of red, green & white - the locals would like that.

That's it! I couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of, but you've hit the nail on the head. I disagree on the flag thing, there are certain events it works for and certain ones it doesn't.

Zara dress
Beaulah scarf
Hobbs coat
Mulberry clutch
Asprey Oak Leaf Earrings

Why specify Welsh designers? All designers except for Zara are British based companies. Laura Ashley would be on the only one possible to wear an outfit from, David Emmanuel would definitely be a no go.

Yes, this made me smile. I am not a fan of the scarf, but so pleased to see that she is wearing one at all. I like the navy coat. It seems a very practical and comfy choice, perhaps something she has worn outside the public gaze.

She'd have also looked like a Christmas tree.:ermm:

The navy and red & white have a little bit of a Union Jack vibe.

Last edited:
The coat and scarf are perfectly fine for an outdoor engagement on an early February's day the scarf adds a nice splash of colour.

I agree with the poster who said Catherine's outfit with the coat looks a little like a cabin crew's outfit, but I do rather like the pieces separately; especially the dress. That colour is great on her.

That's it! I couldn't put my finger on what it reminded me of, but you've hit the nail on the head. I disagree on the flag thing, there are certain events it works for and certain ones it doesn't.

Why specify Welsh designers? All designers except for Zara are British based companies. Laura Ashley would be on the only one possible to wear an outfit from, David Emmanuel would definitely be a no go.

I just wondered if there were any known Welsh designers....curious more than anything. I don't know where most of those designers were from.

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 -

I really like her red scarf with the hearts on it. Nice pop of color and festive. The red dress is lovely.

Last edited:
Very nice outfit.love the scarf and wish sh would wear more. And hooray for the normal sized heel on the boot.she is tall and doesn’t need more height. Also seems more balanced with the longer coat. Perfect hair and earrings for her role and the occasion

I just wondered if there were any known Welsh designers....curious more than anything. I don't know where most of those designers were from.

LaRae

There certainly are other welsh designers beyond Emmanuel and Laura Ashley. But no Kate isn’t wearing any.

The fact someone actually said there are only two Welsh designers to choose from is more reason would be nice to see in future.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 -

To add to the largely positive comments about yesterday’s appearance, this was an extremely well judged outfit and hairstyle. The day was exceptionally windy and the varied engagements made several demands on how the Duchess would look. A trawl through the many photos and videos indicate just how polished and accomplished appearance this was.

Some other Welsh fashion designers-
Xander Kostroma does accessories-a definite possibility
Julien Macdonald is too high fashion for everyday wear
Timothy Everest does men’s clothing
Mary Quant no longer designs clothing
Lucy Jones designs for the disabled community-that could be interesting, but she’s based in NYC
Jeff Banks does menswear and home goods these days

The Duchess of Cambridge at the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Centre Stanford Hall, Stanford on Soar, Loughborough today, February 11, wearing an Alexander McQueen jacket:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
:previous:

I don't like that.
Reminds me of one of the Salvation Army costumes from GUYS AND DOLLS.

I don’t like it. The skirt is too long, the colour is too dull for me and it just doesn’t really suit her. Which is a shame because it looks all new.

I agree. The whole outfit is not to my taste.

I am not liking this one at all. The skirt is too long and ungainly looking, and the jacket looks as though it doesn't fit correctly in some of the photos I've seen. The color looks a little dead, too. Lop about 12 inches off the skirt, give the jacket some alterations and a good pressing and add a bit of color somewhere and I'd be willing to reevaluate, but right now, no, this is a big miss as far as I am concerned.

I just do not like this coat...the buttons or something are just off. Plus..she has how many blue coats now.

Camilla is out dressing her today.

Great color.

LaRae

Fit is questionable. Lots of gaping and wrinkles coming from the car. The fabric looks stiff - and might be causing most of this? Lots of sections and buttons fighting the visuals here. The style would be OK if I were not so distracted by the fit.

These buttons look as if the coat have been splashed with milk.

I like the suit, but not for this event. I know why she wore it, but ehh.
It does look warm.

I really dislike when she does these weird military themed outfits on engagements like this. Seems like she playing dress up.

I really dislike when she does these weird military themed outfits on engagements like this. Seems like she playing dress up.

Right...a little hint of it would be okay, but the style almost always goes too far.

LaRae

My first reaction seeing Catherine's outfit today was that if the photo was a sepia photo, Catherine could actually pass for being in the early 1900s with that outfit. It definitely rang a very vintage and old fashioned bell for me. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom